Pages:
Author

Topic: GUIMiner - bounty for Phoenix version [finished] - page 2. (Read 48455 times)

legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
To run GUIMiner correctly, File->New other miner, here the folder you see won't have any exe, go to parent folder where guiminer.exe file exists & there you will see a file phoenix.exe. This file you have to select in "New other miner". Kiv didn't mentioned it.
Then give it a name, select device.....give all the parameters in extra flags.
In my extra flags i have the same which i uses in cmd.
DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT BIT_ALIGN FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=12 -k phatk

I get same speed as i get in cmd prompt & phatk gives more hash rate than any other.
HD 6870 card, 1038 core, 300+ mem,
poclbm gives 275 Mhash/s
phoenix gives 300 Mhash/s
phatk gives 313 Mhash/s

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I paid in the bounty and have been messing around with it and so far it's break even to a bit better.  Just about all of my miners are running at almost exactly the same speed with the phoenix miner vs. the poclbm miner.

6950 w/Unlocked shaders, OC'd to 880/625
 - with poclbm - ~ 376 MH/s
 - with phoenix - ~ 372 MH/s

5850 OC'd to 880/300
 - with poclbm - ~ 332 MH/s
 - with phoenix - ~ 343 MH/s

5850 OC'd to 830/300
 - with poclbm - ~ 333 MH/s
 - with phoenix - ~ 329 MH/s

5830 OC'd to 930/620
 - with poclbm - ~ 280 MH/s
 - with phoenix - ~ 282 MH/s

For most of the miners I was using "-v -w (128 or 256) -f 1" with the poclbm and "VECTORS BFI_INT WORKSIZE=(128 or 256) FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=12" for phoenix.  Also tried with/without -k phatk and saw no difference.

So, of all my cards, only one showed any recognizable improvement.  One thing I did notice though was that I was getting a _lot_ more stale results using the phoenix miner vs. the poclbm in Slush's pool.  Generally getting 3-5/hour with poclbm but upwards of 20-25/hour with phoenix.

Regardless, I'm still glad I sent Kiv the 2 BTC.  I love GUIMiner overall and it's the least I can do.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!
This would be awesome, I'm currently using GUI Miner already and its great. I can't wait for this to go through a little more testing, it'll probably be healthier for my CPU since someone brought up that phoenix takes less cpu resources. My quad core is pretty warm right now and always 70-90% load on all 4 cores.

CPU? why not use your GPU?

You don't understand. I suggest you read about the openCL bug which causes abnormally high CPU usage if 2 or more GPU's are being used for computation.

stupid me..didnt read Smiley
Activity: 254
https://www.soar.earth/
This would be awesome, I'm currently using GUI Miner already and its great. I can't wait for this to go through a little more testing, it'll probably be healthier for my CPU since someone brought up that phoenix takes less cpu resources. My quad core is pretty warm right now and always 70-90% load on all 4 cores.

You don't understand. I suggest you read about the openCL bug which causes abnormally high CPU usage if 2 or more GPU's are being used for computation.

Activity: 84
Activity: 254
https://www.soar.earth/
how many btc so far?

10 coins has been collected so far
how many btc so far?
Activity: 91
bump for interest..
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I sent 2 bitcoins & also received the miner in email. checking.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Kiv I will buy if you can figure out why python.exe and guiminer.exe crash when I enable (using windows "screen resolution") my 4th card.
Note catalyst see the card just fine.

Windows 7
4 gpu cards 6950's
Windows and Catalyst see all 4 cards which are dummy plugged and crossfired.

Kingfisherb90 on aim
[email protected] for email/gchat.

This is the error I get from guiminer:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   guiminer.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4918019c
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   72747369
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Activity: 32
Kiv what is the bounty up to?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
I don't think it's related to a recent update but here's my problem anyway.

All the sudden I have two PC that always end up with guiminer.exe running at 100% with a GPU stuck at "connection problem" (too high overclock ? even running it at 700mhz?)

then , given the CPU is clogged all other GPUs are near stalled at khash speed.

note: All my installs have the common 100% cpu bug.

It's a also a common problem to have a GPU stuck at "connection problem" because of too high overclock,  But sometime it happen over a few day's, all I have to do is stop-start them but it's really cumbersome to watch them all the time.

Thank you.

2btc to be sent.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Hmmm.... donations total 8BTC at this point.

5-10% = 3.25*0.075 = 0.24375 BTC more per day for me, on average.
= 8.2 days to pay off.

Not sure what to think...
Activity: 60
Does this miner restart phoenix after idle?
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Using Kiv's new Guiminer, I increased performance across all my miners by 5-10% each  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Awesome!

I may donate, but am at least subscribing this thread for future updates.  Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I've had this written for a while. Shows current statistics on Phoenix through OSD (On Screen Display) rather than in the GUI itself. Uses phatk only for now, but adding an option to toggle on/off isn't hard.
Not sure if I should release it or not...
Side note: 0 Khashes/S because BTCGuild is down. The GPU OSD is a different script I whipped up.
Activity: 17
Ah, cool. Can it be configured to use phatk?
Pages:
Jump to: