Pages:
Author

Topic: Guys, just hold.. We can agree on a few things. - page 5. (Read 21153 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 502
None of us, has a crystal ball and we're not all-in on the tech, we are emotional individuals and we've been financially attacked.   Angry

If the majority of us were looking at the same chart and a general direction of the market, guess who will see that, and take advantage when opportunity awaits. It's the seasoned vets. They've been there, done that. The finance guys shorting the markets for a living. We could argue speculation, math and politics all day long, but, what's been done has been done. None of us have crystal balls. One instrument we access to is past history. We can see that they are real numbers. But they are in the past for everyone else to see.. I want to quote a few of Warren Buffett's quotes that came up in my mind when people were panicking.

"The investors of today does not profit from yesterday's growth." "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree along time ago."

"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.

"If past history was all there, the richest people would be librarians."

You can teach risk management, but you can't teach balls. It's definitely going to be harder to grow your investments in this space. My personal advice would be to hold. I don't know where you got in or out, but eventually, you will learn from your mistakes and you will have that much more knowledge in the next run. I hope this helps
Even if the bolded part could be consider it to be funny by some it is correct, you can learn a lot of things from a book but you cannot teach a person to have the guts to take action, this is what happened with the recent crash, there were people bold enough to buy bitcoin at a very high price but when they realized that they were losing money they didn't have enough character to keep holding, only those that have the character to stick to it and keep holding their coins no matter what are the ones that are going to get huge profits.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
I suggest don't wait for the markets to bottom out because no one knows about it. So just start buying small quantities now and then to get a good average buy price....

Yes mostly people before they invest they wait for bitcoin at bottom price. Everyone of us is having a difficulty to know the exact price could hit ahead of us. Exactly no one knows and we have different point of view on how we can gain profit in this market. We can just hold to wait when price jump.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
You can teach risk management, but you can't teach balls. It's definitely going to be harder to grow your investments in this space. My personal advice would be to hold. I don't know where you got in or out, but eventually, you will learn from your mistakes and you will have that much more knowledge in the next run. I hope this helps

I would advise to hold the coins you invested in. But in troubled times on the market you can sell coins. When the situation becomes more understandable, you can invest again. Risk management is not only profit, but also an opportunity to save your trading account.

Unless you are day-trading, I wouldn't advise selling at a loss. Just hold and wait it out. The technology is extremely disruptive, and as long as you are investing in coins that have REAL value and not some random shitcoin, it's price is bound to recover.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
Someone holds, someone sells. It's a natural movement of the market, so let it be. It's impossible that everyone gets the benefits - there always will be a situation when someone loses. But someone gains, as well! It's normal!
Yeah each of us has different way of thinking, we cant dictate others to do the same and follow what others are doing because we dont know their own reasons for not hodling or for selling in the wrong time. If you are a hodler for long term, you will understand the significance of waiting patiently and not eager to make profit because soon your effort will be paid off for ignoring FUD and FOMO and gaining huge profit in your investment.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Very inspiring quotes, I really agree with this one especially "What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." We all forget (and I can be the first to forget) what happened in the bitcoin and the crypto history, even it's pretty recent.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11

I would advise to hold the coins you invested in. But in troubled times on the market you can sell coins. When the situation becomes more understandable, you can invest again. Risk management is not only profit, but also an opportunity to save your trading account.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
Man I honestly don't get the point here. If all of us HODLs on at the moment and then will eventually sell on bull, somebody else will be trapped for sure - and that is damn too selfish of us. I guess the proper way to handle bitcoin and other cryptos is to buy during dip, and then sell at will. HODLing without the "will" won't create a true market psychology at all, but instead it would contribute in making FOMOs.

And again, everybody should buy at dip - sell at will.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
None of us, has a crystal ball and we're not all-in on the tech, we are emotional individuals and we've been financially attacked.   Angry

If the majority of us were looking at the same chart and a general direction of the market, guess who will see that, and take advantage when opportunity awaits. It's the seasoned vets. They've been there, done that. The finance guys shorting the markets for a living. We could argue speculation, math and politics all day long, but, what's been done has been done. None of us have crystal balls. One instrument we access to is past history. We can see that they are real numbers. But they are in the past for everyone else to see.. I want to quote a few of Warren Buffett's quotes that came up in my mind when people were panicking.

"The investors of today does not profit from yesterday's growth." "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree along time ago."

"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.

I know about the potential of holding our assets in the long run. But let’s try to be honest here. What would happen if all of us are just holding and not buying or selling, will there be any movement? Absolutely not. It’s natural that the market would pump if we have more buyers in the market, and it goes down when we experience more selloffs. Everybody has their own reasons to sell, right? We cannot force them not to sell, it is their own decision anyway.

Your post is encouraging though. However, we have to accept the fact selling our assets under any circumstances is just natural. That’s just part of the game.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Someone holds, someone sells. It's a natural movement of the market, so let it be. It's impossible that everyone gets the benefits - there always will be a situation when someone loses. But someone gains, as well! It's normal!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
In this world ,everything is unpredictable so for trading case, it's far more unpredictable especially when you're using your own money, the emotion included !
For me, I was amaze when I knew bitcoin 4 years ago, ( $ 299 / btc ) and today it's already $ $ 8000++/btc , I'm sure either everyone.
That's why I always hold most of my bits until now !
It is a good thing for those who have been in the community for a very long time and that is the reason why they have been able to understand the importance and the benefits of holding. I really do not see why anyone should not be holding, except they are professional traders who are trying to trade the fluctuations to hold a better position in the market in the long run. Holding has always been a very good option and there is really no doubt about it.
Digital assets especially bitcoin are basically good for long term investment. A person will be able to make ample amount of money. The longer someone holds his coin, the bigger is his increment in the capital. It is not easy to tradeing digital assets and gaining profit but if someone is able to pull this, that means he has been in this market for long and understands it’s all ups and downs well.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
In this world ,everything is unpredictable so for trading case, it's far more unpredictable especially when you're using your own money, the emotion included !
For me, I was amaze when I knew bitcoin 4 years ago, ( $ 299 / btc ) and today it's already $ $ 8000++/btc , I'm sure either everyone.
That's why I always hold most of my bits until now !
It is a good thing for those who have been in the community for a very long time and that is the reason why they have been able to understand the importance and the benefits of holding. I really do not see why anyone should not be holding, except they are professional traders who are trying to trade the fluctuations to hold a better position in the market in the long run. Holding has always been a very good option and there is really no doubt about it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
I agreed with OP, no one is able to predict the market accurately every time. If we find the coins we believe in, it is good to hold till the project has some success and become well known. And usually when these happened, the coin price would have rise.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
I can't agree more. But, patience require discipline and some bumpy roads ahead to gain the experience and knowledge to withstand financial pressure. Money is a very sensitive topic for everyone. We can agree on that. I would ask the new individuals coming into this space to educate themselves in traditional markets and study historical price volatility we've had.

Financial pressure and volatility are all relative aspects, and all based on how fiat centric minded people are. People should understand that when they buy Bitcoin, they buy whatever amount in Bitcoin that after buying will never change in number. If people see the price go up, they get happy, and if the price is going down, they feel somewhat disappointed, which is understandable initially, but just not that logical.

I have seen the price go up in 2017 from less than $1000 to nearly $20,000, and it didn't change my way of thinking one single bit. I know that there technically isn't a difference between your coins being worth $1000 or $20,000 when you aren't selling the coins that are meant for long term holding purposes. No on has to go through unnecessary stress and drama. It's hard, it takes time, I know that, but people should really try to get rid of their fiat bias. It will help you become a solid holder.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
It is nevertheless pleasant to see, that market begins to grow prices again, so I feel way more comfortable now, when I see all green in my wallet
Activity: 170
Merit: 39
How long term can benefit them? I think if previous peoples just tradedd and firmed the base of today's economy isn't it??
If you are asking for the reasons behind attaining benefits through long term trading then it is simple, asset gains value with time, the longer someone hold his coin, the larger would be the amount of profits. Holding for long durations also keeps a person away from loss and a person can take right decisions easily. And indeed, every trader contributes to the economy regardless of the time.
Assets gain value with time because assets are wealth by which I mean to say they are stock variables. Their value increase with time rather than a downfall. Also the demand for a particular asset rises its value further more because according to the law of demand, when the demand increases, the prices also rises and vice versa. So keeping the money you do not need for some time in the form of Bitcoin will rise its value.
That is the idea and I do not know people tend to expect just so much in a very little period with bitcoin and these same set of people are busy calling bitcoin ponzi just because they got greedy. If only people can get to understand that in real life, quick money is even considered to be bad, and they should be holding themselves responsible for any silly decisions they make.

Patience is all that is required to see what you believe in grow hugely in value and that is what is always important, not the present moment.

I can't agree more. But, patience require discipline and some bumpy roads ahead to gain the experience and knowledge to withstand financial pressure. Money is a very sensitive topic for everyone. We can agree on that. I would ask the new individuals coming into this space to educate themselves in traditional markets and study historical price volatility we've had.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
How long term can benefit them? I think if previous peoples just tradedd and firmed the base of today's economy isn't it??
If you are asking for the reasons behind attaining benefits through long term trading then it is simple, asset gains value with time, the longer someone hold his coin, the larger would be the amount of profits. Holding for long durations also keeps a person away from loss and a person can take right decisions easily. And indeed, every trader contributes to the economy regardless of the time.
Assets gain value with time because assets are wealth by which I mean to say they are stock variables. Their value increase with time rather than a downfall. Also the demand for a particular asset rises its value further more because according to the law of demand, when the demand increases, the prices also rises and vice versa. So keeping the money you do not need for some time in the form of Bitcoin will rise its value.
That is the idea and I do not know people tend to expect just so much in a very little period with bitcoin and these same set of people are busy calling bitcoin ponzi just because they got greedy. If only people can get to understand that in real life, quick money is even considered to be bad, and they should be holding themselves responsible for any silly decisions they make.

Patience is all that is required to see what you believe in grow hugely in value and that is what is always important, not the present moment.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
It's hard to just keep your coins, when every day you look at their price and see how it falls steeply)) It's better not to go to the stock exchange for a couple of months

Who are the long term investors they will be following the same trend but the day traders and small investors who invested in the hope of becoming rich in short time will always be in loss as they will be watching the market daily.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
It's hard to just keep your coins, when every day you look at their price and see how it falls steeply)) It's better not to go to the stock exchange for a couple of months
Activity: 170
Merit: 39

I really liked these two quotes. Thanks for having shared them. They tell everything one would need to know in this field.

You're welcome sir! I do appreciate your kind gesture.
Activity: 566
Merit: 102
If you aren't prepared to loss your money in order for your to have a good profit in the future,  you are not ready for cryptocurrency investing.  If your idea of inverting is no risk at all,  then you should go out and buy government securities.
Before getting properly in the practical field, one must be knowing all the basic things about bitcoins and how they are being traded. Basically the techniques and the thumb rules of trading must be in knowledge of a trader that is going to dive in the pool of this big trading market. So don’t just waste your energy without lacking of authentic news and satisfactory basic learning about trading.
Pages:
Jump to: