Pages:
Author

Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges? - page 15. (Read 4727 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 1
September 08, 2018, 08:55:13 PM
A lot of Finance now hangs on the crypto-currency exchanges and for hackers it's just tidbits,it's much more difficult to hack the BlockChain wallets,and for a large community of hackers to hack the Russian exchange for example Yobit is not difficult.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
September 07, 2018, 09:58:03 PM
indeed, for those who have many assets, they will worry about hackers, which can damage the security system and take everything without exception, so that additional security is needed so that hackers find it difficult to make money laundering.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
September 07, 2018, 09:49:52 PM
The problem with exchanges is that it doesn't matter how high their security really is they have to interact with people, and this opens up a lot of possibilities for hackers to send links or viruses in those messages that could infect a machine in the network of the exchange which eventually will give the hackers a way to steal the coins of the exchange and their customers.
Activity: 135
September 07, 2018, 06:53:32 PM
Hackers aren't smarter than cryptography, the main vulnerability here is in the people who run the exchanges. Most of the hacking occurs with the use of "social engineering" to gain access to closed technical files.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
September 07, 2018, 03:31:07 AM
Hackers are always looking for ways to steal information from the person who is holding the bitcoin and, moreover, the bitcoin will give us a lot of valuable assets, but the bitcoin system is very safe and hackers can not. more intelligent than the exchanges

but as a trader we must always be aware of hacker attacks, my advice is not too long if you keep your assets in a crypto exchange, because it will be a big risk if the stock is hacked

do you mean if a site is hacked ? stock cant be hack but a site or exchange can . anyway , i agree on you that we need to safeguard our funds on our own hands and not on any exchange or wallet because they are open to hackers .

hackers are always smarter than any exchange because an exchange is only built by humans . humans or hackers is the only one that can destroy it .
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
September 07, 2018, 03:16:36 AM
I believe their systems are intact and well secure enough. I think the problem is likely it's an inside job. I'm not pointing fingers but it would take a lot of cloak and dagger to get inside their systems them knowing that they are handling millions of dollars worth of coins.
Activity: 392
September 07, 2018, 02:35:26 AM
Hackers are always looking for ways to steal information from the person who is holding the bitcoin and, moreover, the bitcoin will give us a lot of valuable assets, but the bitcoin system is very safe and hackers can not. more intelligent than the exchanges

but as a trader we must always be aware of hacker attacks, my advice is not too long if you keep your assets in a crypto exchange, because it will be a big risk if the stock is hacked
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
September 07, 2018, 12:48:08 AM
MT gox was the probably the beginning of a new time era.
After that we had seen things are slowly turning ugly and they saying still holds "only invest what you can afford to loose".
Regulations bans and more things going on and each day hackers are trying out new things with more focussed approach.
Bancor bithtumb and still going on. Embarrassed

few days back also heard news about cryptolocker malware.
Mining and working on a same computer probably increases the risk of getting compromised.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 07, 2018, 12:33:25 AM
They work with great discipline to be able to enter the network they want to crack, even through very small gaps, so theft can occur. Sometimes it even involves insiders. For hacked crypto exchanges that lose millions of dollars, prove that the level of security is still not perfect.
Activity: 114
September 06, 2018, 08:46:46 AM
As usual there are so many hacks due to computer illiteracy of investors. Security issues need to be treated more carefully.
Activity: 435
September 03, 2018, 12:56:49 AM
I do not think they have become smarter. I think now is the era of technology and there are many tools that can crack the tight layers of security. This has helped many hackers and security need a very optimal way to prevent hackers intrusion.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
September 03, 2018, 12:53:44 AM
Hackers are riding the boat every time new technology comes in. If exchanges will upgrade on their security system for example, hackers would make a way to break the barrier using new methods also. If we acquire new info, they will too and can even exceed their technology.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
September 03, 2018, 12:30:22 AM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

I don't want to jump into conclusions but what if the hacker is also the exchange?lets be realistic sometimes because we know how secured and un hackable the exchangers has been designed so i find no suitable reason why many of them are involving into hacking without good explanation

Thats why i am not confident about leaving my funds overnight in single exchange i make sure that after doing some transaction ,i take out my coins/tokens and bring back to my designated wallets for safety’s
Activity: 72
September 02, 2018, 11:57:53 PM
Because there is a lot of money and they are more available to scammers than other forms of earnings. It scares off big investors.
Activity: 384
September 02, 2018, 01:51:05 PM
Hackers will do various ways to steal. So I think exchanges need strong security to avoid hackers. Hackers are currently so troubled by cryptocurrency users. So security is very important so that people believe in the exchange.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
September 02, 2018, 01:19:38 PM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

Totally agree with you. Hackers are evolving quite quickly and such a shaft of attacks on the crypto industry and multimillion thefts were quite expected. From the creation of viruses and malicious programs, many are turning to real criminal activity - for example, using funds to illegally obtain information for their own illegal designs.
Activity: 1764
September 02, 2018, 12:32:15 PM
Unfortunately, this happens often. Hackers constantly improve their skills and therefore find new holes in the protection of exchanges, but also people who work on protection also improve their skills. But we see too often how hackers break exchanges, so no one is protected from this.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
September 02, 2018, 12:28:02 PM
I think a hacker is a person who has extraordinary expertise, they are trying to find just a little gap in order to enter a door. So if the hacker is currently on the exchange. So now there must be more security for that so hackers cannot enter. Because of course this can scare everyone, especially those who have lots of coins on exchange. So there needs to be additional security from exchanges so that hackers cannot enter.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 02, 2018, 12:22:51 PM

I think yes becsuse there are some instances where hackers hack different exchanges which make things complicated and hard for traders and investors to get rid of. I think it is just wiser if we'll do some steps to know if an exchangebis still safe for trading just to get rid of uncertain situations.
Activity: 196
September 02, 2018, 11:54:38 AM

Indeed! As our technology and security was innovating those hackers will always find a way to sustain their selfishness. What we can do is to carefully choose among these exchangers.
Pages:
Jump to: