Pages:
Author

Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges? - page 23. (Read 4726 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 01:47:24 PM
Hackers nowadays have devised tactical strategies and they bare always alert to get someone to hack. This scares most traders and investors to do trading or invest respectively. My account was nearly hacked when i forgot to put my wallet password in filling forms instead of the wallet itself. Let us all be very vigilant with hackers. 
Activity: 84
August 01, 2018, 01:01:37 PM
human nature, want to have something.
but they abuse their advantages for unlawful deeds and harm others.
I believe the hackers are people who have an above average IQ, should they use it for useful things not the other way around.
store our personal data very securely, and never give it to anyone but the person you trust the most.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
August 01, 2018, 10:21:15 AM
Blackhat hackers are becoming smarter, they can easily break through the layers of security that programmers write to protect their bitcoin, but with their intelligence to attack the back door to serve. for theft, profit for yourself.

I think those blackhat hackers are just being hired of a specific companies in order to take down their competitors and those investors are just being affected intensely if they are holding a huge amount of coins.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 01, 2018, 09:21:43 AM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

What about asking if the hackers are really different person?or with connivance with the exchangers ?ooopps dont get me wrong but this plays in my mind since then,exchanges being highly secured and protected are getting hacked that easy,nowadays this sites are very vulnerable with this criminals i dont really know whats happening behind this scene
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
August 01, 2018, 08:55:19 AM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
Securing systems is hard, even when systems are technically secure a person such as an admin reusing a password and haviong that pasword exposed somewhere else can lead to a breach. I guess when there is big money involved the hacking attempts are relentless. This isnt an excuse, I guess to be in that business (exchanges) they should have their sh*t in order - but clearly, the problems continue.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
August 01, 2018, 08:50:18 AM
Well it's actually a cycle. Hackers threaten the exchanges then exhanges prepare and beat them with something new. I know that hackers will lose this because exchanges are backed up by resources that hackers don't necessarily have. Besides, hackers use human error to hack accounts and not necessarily challenging the exchanges security system
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1768
August 01, 2018, 08:21:27 AM
Blackhat hackers are becoming smarter, they can easily break through the layers of security that programmers write to protect their bitcoin, but with their intelligence to attack the back door to serve. for theft, profit for yourself.

The whole time exchanges were already hacked. This is not very new, but always a big problem for exchanges. No exchange is 100% safe. There will always be new ways to hack such pages. Therefore, my constant advice, no longer leave coins there as necessary.  Wink
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
August 01, 2018, 08:10:23 AM
May be so but I personally have no idea about it. But it is important that the exchanges should increase their security, because we have already seen so many chases where the whole exchanges has been hacked, so that to avoid such kind of cases in future. I think it is also important to choose a good and trusted exchange where we keep our money more secure.
Activity: 56
Hacks occur more often where there is money, profit, benefit. There are no cryptocurrencies on the exchanges at the moment, the security system is not properly established. In addition, there are suggestions that the exchange themselves are related to hacking. I also believe that hackers have always been ahead of the rest, they are very smart people. They are even trading on the stock exchange is not necessary.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
hackers are hackers, scammers are scammers...
they are in every corner of the world.
all we need to do is to be careful and keep in safe.
exchanges will do their work and will try to put walls that hackers can't get in.
Activity: 35
Activity: 455
Merit: 102
Hackers were getting more smarter exploring ways to enter the world of cryptocurrency. At the same the exchanges as well wallet service renders too have involved in the process of making them more stronger to stay away from hackers. In the past hackers could have entered with ease, and now scenario is different.
Exactly. I think so.
These types of hackers are increasingly smarter to explore ways to enter the electronic money world.
At the same trading floors as well as seo services are also involved in the process of making them stronger to stay away from hackers.
In the past the hackers may have entered easily, and now the script is different.
So invest wisely and know how to protect your assets.
With the advancement in technology, the tools which are being used by the hackers are quite advanced and that they are exploiting different kind of vulnerabilities to attack others and to grab the money which does not even belong to them. You have to be very much careful and that you need to stay away from such people and that you can only do once you have enough of the information.
Activity: 162
it is true with what you say in the title for this thread, want as safe as an exchanger must be hackers will always find a gap to be able to break and steal data and assets in it. to get to him if not immediately fixed in the system better exchangers the hackers will definitely come back again because it already knows the gap and the process to hack again.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent

It is not about the smartness. The problem is the thinking which compels them to take the wrong route. Mainly these are guys who just think of short term earnings and ignore the consequences. I have had made good money reporting bugs on websites that prevents such hacks. I know some who make a living with it and also have a lot of respect from others.  Some crypto exchanges have also come up with a bug bounty program.
Activity: 196
Hackers aren`t "smarter".They are just more focused and persistent at searching and finding loops and leaks in the security of the crypto trading platforms.Most of the crypto exchange platforms just don`t want to invest more money into their security,that`s why they get hacked all the time.
The theory about all those "hacked" exit scams isn`t always true.Nowadays it`s easier to find the real identity of most crypto exchange owners.

I agree with you for instance not only exchanges are getting hacked there is also the NiceHash hacking incident in the last quarter if last year when the prices of cryptocurrency is on the roof. Hackers will exploit almost any weakness in the security through persistence whether it is the crypto market to a social media accounts and to only protact your self is to think how they think.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
It is not the hackers who are getting smarter the exchanges I believe.
It is the exchanges who are getting smarter to eat all the money and telling the people that it is hacked and making the exchange look like it is really hacked but in reality, it is not.
Activity: 196
The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.

One reason why the market is on a downtrend at the moment. The security of exchanges is miserably low that they cannot protect it from hackers and intruders. The technology they are using for security is not secured and strong enough to resist hacking. Black hat hackers are really smart which is why the white hat hackers must know how the black ones think. It is their job to protect the exchange because hacking will make the exchange less credible and will affect the whole crypto market. Just like what you said, investors are getting scared now.
although security is heavily guarded but the hacker is very smart looking for loopholes to break into the market. that's the skill of a hacker who is very afraid.
I am very sad to hear this new market stolen some of the assets causing crypto enthusiasts to decline. I also hope this becomes an example for other markets to be more vigilant in maintaining the security of market privacy.
Activity: 556
Merit: 250

Hackers are really smarter these days and we can't deny the fact that they are getting smarter each day. Anything under the internet is hackable these days so we hodlers and traders should be smart enough to handle our earnings with care and we should be wise upon hodling.
Activity: 89
Because the security of exchanges is given too little attention. the system involves a person who is the most vulnerable part of it. And it is profitable to steal crypto currency, as it is difficult to solve such crimes.
Activity: 47
Do not be surprised if some hackers do it at the request of big cones.
Pages:
Jump to: