Pages:
Author

Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges? - page 27. (Read 4726 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 11
Hackers always try to hack exchanges. They are always busy to find a new and smart way to hack any exchanges. But exchanges should be aware of this. They should secure their exchanges more.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
well this is a dicey topic because many people believe and are of the view that most of the hacking situations are internally motivated.We do not have facts to prove that so now the point is that every trader needs to be careful and do not leave their funds at exchanges even though sometimes it looks cheaper to keep short term trading coins at exchanges.
Activity: 840
Merit: 375
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
Exploits and security holes are constantly found no matter how the systems are upgraded.Even Youtube got hacked;though cryptocurrency related organisations are being focused by hackers more than others.
But in the other hand you are right,some exchanges just don't do enough effort of protecting the funds,this reminds of Bitgrail who was hacked 12 millions of nano coins (that coin got heavily damaged from that hack,investors lost alot of money because of it)
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
have you ever thought the possibility that those exchanges hack themselves. Just imagine no one gives any responsibility and there is no tracking from no one, what an easy game as there are not regulations you could say just I am hacked and don`t give a report for lots of millions gone.
Activity: 966
Merit: 311
Even recently MEW(MyEtherWallet) was hacked again and the hacker stole some funds this time even. Hackers are really becoming more powerfull and some or the other way should be needed to avoid these hackers along with high security. Storing funds is getting much harder these days due to these hackers.
Activity: 308
This is the fault of the exchange. They did not protect their exchange, and whenever hackers attacked, they could not solve the problem quickly, and they let hackers steal lots of Bitcoins and altcoins.
Activity: 280
MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
yeah. and you know what. you can never be sure if it is a real hack or it is exchange platform itself that announced they were hacked but maybe they are just tricking. centralized exchanges are always very risky for traders.
The cryptocurrency market has been a major target of professional hackers and in the past has documented a number of hacker attacks and theft of Exchange assets. I think there is a need for preventive measures from organizations to reverse this situation in order to create a safe trading environment for the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
I belive that when you work with a lot of money there is always someone ready to steal from you, it is a question of the human nature. I am sure that exchanges make everything to secure the assets, perhaps they will even be ensured, who knows what the future brings..
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
LETS GO ADAB
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.

In my own opinion, hackers cannot easily penetrate market but there are people inside the corporation who are actually stealing cryptocurrenyc from investors and they will just report in the media that it was a hacking activity.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .

What are you talking about? This isn't some convoy of armored trucks that can change its course, it's the Internet. Are you proposing for exchanges to constantly change their codebase? If so, that would introduce 1000 times more bugs.

The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.

Hackers are only scaring ignorant noobs, which might be good, because noobs are bad hodlers, they easily panic. Smart investors don't hold their coins on exchange and don't panic when some crappy exchange gets hacked, just like people don't rush liquidating their fiat whenever a bank gets robbed in their country.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
Hackers are always smarter but it's the effectiveness and backing of the security agents to track them down and block further transfers that prevents this. Since crypto is decentralised and unregulated, it's the perfect medium for hackers.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
yeah. and you know what. you can never be sure if it is a real hack or it is exchange platform itself that announced they were hacked but maybe they are just tricking. centralized exchanges are always very risky for traders.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015
AFAIK, crypto security already implement advance SHA things but why it still can be hack ?
Is it possible that inside man play the role for this incident ? or it's really pure the system mistake ?
Of course I hope this will not happen in the future or bitcoin will keep decreasing for eternity !
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Hacking becomes a big threat to the crypto currency. This kind of criminal activity is very difficult to prove and not only because of technical problems. These crimes are committed using the Internet and therefore criminals can be found all over the world. For law enforcement agencies, this is a big problem. State barriers are very strong, legal formalities and harmonization of mutual actions can last for months, while criminals can move from state to state and at the same time remain unpunished. Apparently, we need an interstate police association in this area to combat such types of crimes.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
The hacking is happening almost every 2 months that had me thinking if it could possibly be an inside job. I mean, either they did not do their due diligence in protecting their exchange or they are too secured that that hackers will need someone on the inside to give them a backdoor access.
dont think about that.is to naif for us.if one of exchange employee do that, it will very harmfull.and this man must be arrested.but personally it not happen, hacker have various technique from their team , so they can attack exchange security system.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
They only take advantage of a very unbound system in the platform, they are very clever people who can do such a thing, requires a very cunning skill to get the user's money with a very fast time, it is unfortunate that the famous exchange is very easily revoked by them , many disadvantages for users and also on highly effective market conditions to continue to fall, hopefully can finish minus quickly and tighten security.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
That is their real life profession so they will keep finding new ways everyday to break the security of the exchanges and steal their money but we also one of the reasons for that hackers getting more interested into hacks because how many times people saying never store your money in exchange after traded but still many people don't hear that and use exchange as their primary wallets too so hackers are seeing lot of money stored in exchange so they want to get it.
Activity: 246
The hacking is happening almost every 2 months that had me thinking if it could possibly be an inside job. I mean, either they did not do their due diligence in protecting their exchange or they are too secured that that hackers will need someone on the inside to give them a backdoor access.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
at this time many exchanges are successfully hacked, this should be a warning for the exchange to tighten its security because this can cause bitcoin prices to drop.
and today ,we see its effect after bancor hacked and much token stolen from their wallet.exchange must improve their security technology in order to make protection being more secure.
Activity: 1134
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
at this time many exchanges are successfully hacked, this should be a warning for the exchange to tighten its security because this can cause bitcoin prices to drop.
Pages:
Jump to: