Pages:
Author

Topic: hackers becoming smarter than exchanges? - page 9. (Read 4726 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 2
October 31, 2018, 07:04:38 AM
The solution does not lie in beefing up exchanges security. It lies in elimintating the need for exchanges, which is still at third-party required for crypt-brokerage, something that actually goes against the original BTC whitepaper, which was to not require a non-controllable third party for transactions. They will be susceptible to attack and customers' loss as long as they exist.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
October 24, 2018, 02:43:43 AM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
With things that has happened to most exchangers despite their claimed level of security, some people are forced to believe that no exchanger is safe again and that any exchange can get hacked by hackers whenever they want.

As for me, I don’t think that is true, cause if it was possible to hack exchanges so easily they would have been doing that like everyday. Take for example, Coinbase has leveled up their security and I don’t think they will ever face problems with hackers, although I do know some hackers are devils.
Hackers are smart but cannot be smarter than exchanges but yes if they create their own fake sites/exchanges then they can do anything they want. Although all exchanges which are real exchanges are protected and there are top exchanges so you will not find any hacking activity there.They have made many traps for traders but a real trader will always have the knowledge to understand good and bad things.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
October 23, 2018, 01:33:45 PM
I think for every system there is at least one hacker that is able to attack it and make some money. There is no perfect system, we can't blame exchanges for being weak. Crypto is very attractive to hackers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 01:10:42 PM
It is true that hackers are more dangerous in the world and for online money it is very critical and more exchanges have a very high security and instead of that all you can become hacked by hackers now a days it is common that some one stole bitcoin and i think that some time it is rumors that hackers are hacking exchanges and banks etc but i think that the team working for exchanges are more powerful than hackers.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 19, 2018, 10:56:15 PM
Well most of us here are already aware of the hacking activities of binance and bancor.They are taking practical measures to track down the culprits but the question on my mind is why could coincidentally both exchanges be hacked?Now it appears that the exchanges are not moving at a faster and innovative ways to upgrading their systems and allow these hackers time to study their systems well,identify the loop holes and cause the problem.In my opinion, exchanges should always move in an unpredictable way so as to always confuse these scammers .The scammers are scaring new investors away and this must stop.Exchanges must be up and doing so that we can attract new investors into cryptocurrency else our efforts are going in vain to attracting new investors.
for both exchanges, in my opinion, is the lack of attention and decisive action from the owner of the exchange and if they care and further enhance their security, of course, such things will not happen again.
after that it certainly made attention to the two exchanges. moreover, both are exchanges that are trusted by traders with huge money. and i think security system will be fixed
especially binance they have good security system.although it had been hacked , binance team directly improved their security system level and make it more secure.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
October 19, 2018, 10:42:19 PM
If there is a new market, it is logical the emergence of new scams and thieves. The more money will be pumped into this area, the more it attracts those who do not seek to earn honest work.

Not everytime my friend. We know that some exchange or markets have the same strategies in terms of securing their sites but still hackers can still penetrate their security, that just mean that they are smarter but the are developing their skills.

Hackers are also securities, even though they steal informations, money and investments, they are the reason why most of the sites online are almost imprenatable in terms of hacking. I can say almost, not fully because we know that hackers can still develop their skills, they can still find a way to make an imprenatable site a vulnerable site.
Site owners are always finding secure ways to avoid those hackers, the ecosystem of this industry if you are going to sort it up, you find things that relevant to each other, those well established and well know site are actively updating their security protocols from that hackers also trying to break
it and enhancing their knowledge too, we can't say how secure are we with our investment inside the exchange not even the most secure one as chances
that hackers will be able to break their secure ground from everyday threat.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
October 19, 2018, 10:26:03 PM
for both exchanges, in my opinion, is the lack of attention and decisive action from the owner of the exchange and if they care and further enhance their security, of course, such things will not happen again.
after that it certainly made attention to the two exchanges. moreover, both are exchanges that are trusted by traders with huge money. and i think security system will be fixed
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
October 19, 2018, 10:23:14 PM
If there is a new market, it is logical the emergence of new scams and thieves. The more money will be pumped into this area, the more it attracts those who do not seek to earn honest work.

Not everytime my friend. We know that some exchange or markets have the same strategies in terms of securing their sites but still hackers can still penetrate their security, that just mean that they are smarter but the are developing their skills.

Hackers are also securities, even though they steal informations, money and investments, they are the reason why most of the sites online are almost imprenatable in terms of hacking. I can say almost, not fully because we know that hackers can still develop their skills, they can still find a way to make an imprenatable site a vulnerable site.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 19, 2018, 10:22:56 PM
Exchanges are in constant battle with hackers good a thing i don't keep my coins on exchanges anymore.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
October 19, 2018, 10:12:23 PM
It is difficult to avoid this risk, indeed the right way to reduce risk is to act more forward if there are warnings or holes in their exchangeers, but from my experience to do this requires additional funds may have to use large funds, so I think the team they have done their best. it's just that there is a hacker to destroy and they don't need a lot of funds to just punch the wall so that it can be included in it is inversely proportional to the exchanger builder.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
October 19, 2018, 09:50:35 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
October 19, 2018, 07:18:10 PM
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
October 19, 2018, 03:10:56 PM
This is because the website owner doesn't give a damn of its users all they care about is to make money and hire cheap web developers to protect their website from hackers. Well, i know that there are no 100% safe systems and 100% unhackable machine but most of the hacks that has occurred is due to weak layer of security.
Activity: 308
Swipe!
October 19, 2018, 02:52:20 PM
Sometimes yes, and it results in massive scandals, like with japanese exchanges last year, millions of $ easily stolen... But still I think that exchanges can protect them really well.
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
October 19, 2018, 01:20:30 PM
Your wallet can be hacked at any time. Hackers are smart and I think you should stay away from unreliable links, emails and even websites that you do not trust and choose for your computer a reliable operating system. Be more careful in today's technology, nothing is impossible
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
October 19, 2018, 06:59:43 AM
With things that has happened to most exchangers despite their claimed level of security, some people are forced to believe that no exchanger is safe again and that any exchange can get hacked by hackers whenever they want.

As for me, I don’t think that is true, cause if it was possible to hack exchanges so easily they would have been doing that like everyday. Take for example, Coinbase has leveled up their security and I don’t think they will ever face problems with hackers, although I do know some hackers are devils.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
October 17, 2018, 06:16:51 PM
Hackers are not at all clever than exchanges, but they are certainly smarter than most crypto owners.
So, if you do not take a minimum of precautions, then do not complain if you find yourself with your account empty ...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com
October 16, 2018, 11:44:59 AM
I think the main reason why exchanges are being hacked is because they don't want to spend enough resources on protection from hackers. The expenses for cyber security are extremely high and may reach up to 15% of the whole money turnover of an exchange.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 16, 2018, 10:55:47 AM
Not smarter, hackers who scamming other is like rat in your kitchen. He just make small damage in your house.
The problem is when an exchanger becomes a scammer.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
October 16, 2018, 09:55:28 AM
Exchanges and ICO developers need to guard against hackers move and strategies and regularly update there site against intruders, I hope with a form of policy and regulation in the space, it will be easy to track hackers and scammers in the space as Identity will be use to access wallet.

Hackers always find a way to break exchange security. Its hard to track cryptocurrency and thats why hackers prefer stealing cryptocurrency because its can not identified who is owner. Technology always improve including exchange security, and i think we should choose trusted exchanger
technology improvement help hackers to developt new technique to break wallet security.they have new software that could help them to support their skills.
Pages:
Jump to: