Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking KNC Titan / Jupiter / Neptune miners back to life. Why not? - page 15. (Read 76605 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi, got some titans as well, and one of them is a black sheep, since 2 summers ago I left my miners in the summer for 3 weeks while I was on vacation in the attic at 60°C (of course where I went was bad weather and @ home the best clear sky sun all day  Angry)

They survived lucky me, but two cubes of them got some issues, regading the asics.

Whenever a block is found or credited I'm loosing 2 DC/DC Units and the miner starts generating false shares. Then I have to take power away let it sit for a minute and power back on and all of a sudden all DC/DC units are back.
Also I can not activate one singe pair of DC/DC Units in one cube at all so I shut it off, so no false shares are generated.

What do you think what I can do? I did not open my cubes at all yes

all the best
kncler

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
Note to all: If you're sending me equipment please drop me a PM with the tracking number so I can know what to expect and when. I use the tracking numbers to keep track of the various work I'm doing here.

Never dull....
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Anyone on here want to 'compile' this or anything linux wise you need to do to get me a copy (or on here) that is simple to set up?

Me ..the last thing I coded was applesoft BASIC in 1979 I think it was...I got as far as the LOOP command and quit and never looked back Smiley

IF someone can get me something to try..WITH lightfoots qberty bridge board fix..I'll have 5 controllers (pi) then and enough beagle bones

and jupiters left to play with an install

then perhaps...once the above is done...I can then link the file on here I used from above (making it idiot proof for me)

and then I can further make instructions on how to use that file and/or my results

(yes I am that lame...the .bin file install from KNC had me confused for days back in 2013 on the first update)

we also serve who have no coding skills.....but I can play minon and put the stuff on a couple cards and test

reply here and/or pm me if anyone hacks together something a novice can get up on an SD card

brad

edit: gen tarkin you on? in on this action? ....setup a a donation page for lightfoot and then do your own magic on the GUI and or your other tweaks for a bit of $$$ on your page
for this version ....I myself think lightfoot should get some compensation for this but he seems firm on the pm it is not needed..still giving him a donation link and a jump off
point to port your tarky titan stuff to a BBB would be kinda keen....thou having a mess of 1 cube units using BBB's  whirlying about the house may be a bit of overkill Smiley

When it rains it pours

legendary
Yeah it's been a good time this month, and thanks for banging on me to make it work.

Here is what I needed to do:

The key was in talking to a developer who said "I don't think you're using the right spimux.rbf". Well, I was, I had spimux.rbf in /etc linked to the spimux-titan.rbf over in home/pi/knc-asic/  However digging through the files I found that program-fpga was picking up from /home/pi, NOT /etc. Thus it was picking up the neptune code. So I deleted it, linked the titan code to spimux.rbf in /home/pi/knc-asic and WAAS finally worked.

Still no cube, went to bed. Next morning I fired up putty, turned on full logging and found this in the error logs.

[2017-02-28 16:41:37] KnC transport: Can not open SPI device /dev/spidev0.0: No such file or directory
 [2017-02-28 16:41:37] KnC transport: Can not open SPI device /dev/spidev0.0: No such file or directory

Of course. Once again the code is hard wired to use the Rpi numbering scheme which goes from spidev0 even though the bbb starts at spidev1.0. So another ln....

ln -s /dev/spidev1.0 /dev/spidev0.0

Fire up bfgminer and up it comes.....

bfgminer 5.4.2-titan-2.02 - Start: [2017-02-28 22:27:44] - [  0 days 00:26:21]
 [M]anage devices [P]ool management Settings [D]isplay options  [H]elp [Q]uit
 Pool 0: us.litecoinpool.or  Diff:125m  +Strtm  LU:[22:54:04]  User: 111.1
 Block: ...73be070473a1fe38  Diff:99k (708.9G)  Started: [22:54:04]  I:?
 ST:21  F:0  NB:17  AS:0  BW:[ 26/ 14 B/s]  E:0.67  BS:104
 1/4          | 50.44/54.90/54.80Mh/s | A:168 R:1+0(.59%) HW:20/.39%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 KNC 0:       | 48.93/55.01/54.90Mh/s | A:170 R:1+0(.58%) HW:21/.40%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [2017-02-28 22:52:02] Accepted 0007e16f KNC 0b Diff 126m/125m
 [2017-02-28 22:52:03] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested

[2017-02-28 22:52:03] Accepted 00030374 KNC 0d Diff 331m/125m
 [2017-02-28 22:52:05] Accepted 0007f539 KNC 0a Diff 125m/125m
 [2017-02-28 22:52:08] Accepted 0003abfc KNC 0b Diff 272m/125m
 [2017-02-28 22:52:13] Accepted 0007a089 KNC 0b Diff 131m/12

So that's how you do it. Do the steps I outlined in the first post, make sure spimux.rbf in /home/pi/knc-asic is titan code, fix the links and you are off to the races. Note the /dev/ links and the /var/run links have to be recreated every reboot so stick them in i2c-loop or something.

Cost for this? If you find this valuable, drop me a tip at: 16spS7JmUUKuuQxK84tA4NRWbVaG877Ci9  . It was a good bit of work to figure this out, but I'm glad Titan owners now have an alternative when the Pi's start to blow up.

C

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Oh, wow this is exciting!!! You are amazing, the picture of that board is sexy!

Two wins in feburary, go you lightfoot.
legendary

Yes, I am a LIVING GOD! Titan works on BB.....
legendary

Found it. The problem with Qberty's boards was that they had crystals mounted on them instead of oscillators. Using the Digi-Key 300-8253-1-nd 24.576mhz oscillator I'm able to fix a Qberty board, see Titans, and hash happily.

This was one of the harder ways to make .1btc, took a good bit to get it figured out. Wish Qberty had just said what was wrong, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

So if you have a 2.0 berty board and need it working drop me a line.

Still no reply to questions on getting the BeagleBones working with Titans, but this will help keep em running.

C

Wow good on you. Its good to see you get a win!

legendary

Found it. The problem with Qberty's boards was that they had crystals mounted on them instead of oscillators. Using the Digi-Key 300-8253-1-nd 24.576mhz oscillator I'm able to fix a Qberty board, see Titans, and hash happily.

This was one of the harder ways to make .1btc, took a good bit to get it figured out. Wish Qberty had just said what was wrong, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

So if you have a 2.0 berty board and need it working drop me a line.

Still no reply to questions on getting the BeagleBones working with Titans, but this will help keep em running.

C
legendary
Yeah, just takes some prodding. BBB set up again code doesn't work, mailed the guy who might be able to help. We'll see.

C
legendary
compiling bfgminer should probably look something like this:

Code:
./configure --enable-scrypt --disable-sha256d --enable-titan --disable-other-drivers

So this BBB stuff is going no place I gather? (so sad) Sad

I'm working on it mate.
legendary

Code:
./configure --enable-scrypt --disable-sha256d --enable-titan --disable-other-drivers

Been too busy working on other things to work on the BBB code. Part of the reason I posted my notes here, someone else can work on it in parallel.

This is a lot of work to do here to try and figure this stuff out.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Code:

Oh for fuck's sake, it just hit me: It's not a crystal alone, it's a crystal oscillator! That's why the 3.3v supply goes into it and the ground is there on both pins, it's a whole oscillator circuit.

Now to buy some stuff at Digikey. I got it now.

C

yea.....(thou why I would need 3 now is debatable) but...muted...yea! anyway (grumble..frigging titans..frigging ltc price ..frigging titans hate prohashing....kicks cat (ceramic) ) Sad

legendary
Oh for fuck's sake, it just hit me: It's not a crystal alone, it's a crystal oscillator! That's why the 3.3v supply goes into it and the ground is there on both pins, it's a whole oscillator circuit.

Now to buy some stuff at Digikey. I got it now.

C
legendary
Meantime I've dragged out the scope from the basement and have verified that the Qberty boards with the trace cut so they don't short still do not put out any signal regardless of crystal frequency. Getting closer though, will figure this out.

C
legendary
Yup, didn't quite work but pls try to do it.

C
legendary

Code:
legendary
So in the meantime I sat down over the weekend and finally traced out the shorted chip problem. This is the one where when you plug a cube into a controller it shuts off the green light and crashes the controller. This is caused by a short in one of the die hotel circuit supplies and I have been hoping that cutting the lines to that die would clear the fault.

What I did was get the chip hot, then slide under the chip desoldering braid to remove the solder from the quarter of the chip that is shorted. Took awhile to do but I cleared out all the solder around the hotel circuits on the die that was shorted.

Board however was still dead. So I lifted the chip carefully and found when the short would go away. In a nutshell the hotel power circuits are connected together INSIDE the chip itself, so when one die goes, they all go.

Ergo, it is not possible to fix this type of fault. Drat. Can still fix just about everything else, but not that....

C
legendary
Wow! Looks like you had a painful time with that, like pulling teeth?!
Indeed. Try something, doesn't work, try again. Keeps me busy wish we had things like documentation...
legendary
Wow! Looks like you had a painful time with that, like pulling teeth?!
legendary
Ok, here is what needs to be done to get Titan code to work on a BBB. Enjoy my raw notes and comments.

Note: It still doesn't work, there is something you need to do with bfgminer's configure to make Titans go. But this should get the whole thing up to the point where you can run a neptune with sha256 so all communications are working.

Note: I probably missed a few things like putting that ioboard rbf code in etc. Do that of course, the titan rbf code will work with a titan or a neptune.

Start with a clean BBB Debian install.
Create a user called pi, home directory /home/pi
Download the knc-asic directory from github's KNC project
Download the bfgminer code from github's KNC-asic
Download the spi-test directory from github's KNC-asic
Download the web code from github's knc-asic

do a make beaglebone in the knc-asic directory
do a make beaglebone in the bfgminer/knc-asic directory.

#!/bin/sh -xe
sudo ln -sf $PWD/raspi-blacklist.conf /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf
sudo ln -sf $PWD/modules /etc/modules
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../program-fpga /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../lcd-message /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../asic /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../waas/waas /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../knc-serial /usr/bin
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../knc-led /usr/bin
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../io-pwr /usr/bin
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../../spi-test/spi-test /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/board-init.sh /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/factory_setup /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/default-config.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/ioboard.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/factory-setup.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/bfgminer.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/repartition.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/lcd-loop.sh /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/lcd-loop /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/get_asic_stats.awk /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/monitordcdc.ericsson /sbin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/../spimux-titan.rbf /etc/spimux.rbf
sudo ln -sf $PWD/i2c-loop /usr/bin/
sudo ln -sf $PWD/lcd-print_stopping.sh /etc/init.d/lcd-print_stopping.sh
sudo ln -sf $PWD/lcd-print_rebooting.sh /etc/init.d/lcd-print_rebooting.sh
sudo ln -sf $PWD/asic_data_cache.awk /usr/bin/

--I think all of these are done.

sudo cp inittab /etc/
sudo cp $PWD/monitordcdc.logrotate /etc/logrotate.d/monitordcdc

--Done as well

sudo update-rc.d default-config.sh start 11 S .
sudo update-rc.d ioboard.sh defaults
sudo update-rc.d factory-setup.sh defaults
sudo update-rc.d bfgminer.sh defaults
sudo update-rc.d repartition.sh start 11 S .
sudo update-rc.d lcd-loop.sh defaults
sudo update-rc.d lcd-print_stopping.sh stop 02 0
sudo update-rc.d lcd-print_rebooting.sh stop 02 6

Need to recompile bfgminer
Don't forget to compile it with --enable-script....
need to install uthash-dev
checking for JANSSON... no need jansson-dev, libi2c-dev

Ok to get apache going.
Link the www files to /var/www
Link the cgi-bin files to /usr/lib/cgi-bin

Only thing that doesn't work is seeing the cube. Something is still stuck there. Fuck it, use lighthttp--fixed

Ok, stats don't work. They are in /var/run
asic_stat_file=/var/run/stats.knc.$$
/home/pi/knc-asic/RPi_system/get_asic_stats.awk /var/run/.waas_cache >$asic_stat_file 2>/dev/null

./bfgminer --api-listen --api-allow="W:127.0.0.1/24" -c /config/cgminer.conf -Q 10 --scrypt -S titan:auto

Ok, now I see the /var/run/revision file is not updating at all. Manually putting it there fixes the web sort of but it's
supposed to be coming from waas

Hm. In Waas.c I see

#define DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE     "/config/advanced.conf"
#define WAAS_CURRENT_FREQ       "/var/run/.waas_curfreq"--got this
#define WAAS_AUTOPLL_TIMESTAMP  "/var/run/.waas_t1"--not exist
#ifdef CONTROLLER_BOARD_RPI
#define EXPECTED_PERFORMANCE_FILE       "/var/run/expected_performance"--missing, exists on bb in /etc
#define REVISION_FILE                   "/var/run/revision"--missing
#else
#define EXPECTED_PERFORMANCE_FILE       "/etc/expected_performance"
#define REVISION_FILE                   "/etc/revision"--AH, it's looking here in /etc/revision.....
#endif

AH HA! THE FUCKING FILES ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. Put links into /etc/expected_performance and /etc/revision to /var/run.
Dumbass system.

More annoying, it needs to be recompiled to fix this. Because the stupid links are not recreated.
Sigh.
Oh for fuck's SAKE! there is another KNC directory under the bfgminer that ALSO NEEDS TO BE RECOMPILED TO BEAGLEBONE!

Meantime you need to compile bfgminer with titan and kncasic. knc blows it out. But it still don't hash. Close...
 ln -s /etc/expected_performance /var/run/expected_performance
 ln -s /etc/revision /var/run/revision

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!
Pages:
Jump to: