Pages:
Author

Topic: [Hands On] Bitmain AntMiner S5+ - Notlist3d - page 3. (Read 14034 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
September 03, 2015, 12:04:30 PM
My personal experience is still great.  I did change pools as one of mine the pool had issues.  But as far as the unit it's still running solid:

Mine certainly does not great.

Tomorrow,  I will shipp return at own expense to  China  2 x S5+ blades. They are heavy.

Their only choice for shipping is offered UPS or EMS. In any case, it is going to cost me more than 50 euro shipping costs.

I am very disappointed with their warranty service.      

Although the miner arrived DOA, they refuse to send me UPS shipping label.

I remember when S1 arrived DOA , they sent in without the hassle UPS shipping label.

The main thing is, the S5+ miners are heavily used. At least a month.Mine was full of black dust from the inside .

The recommendation,  do not buy it. Poor warranty service.

If you need to buy, open immediately a courier. If something is broken, do not accept package.
But even than, Bitmain can take from you miner  return cost
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2015, 11:38:10 AM
My personal experience is still great.  I did change pools as one of mine the pool had issues.  But as far as the unit it's still running solid:

legendary
Kinda a overview of past week.  They no longer have a perfect release with no pictures of bad hashing board.   Still waiting to hear how it went for Tupsu on RMA.

The S5+ form factor was kept for the S7 surprising most.  It is a good form factor just surprising for the S7 release.
Activity: 408
Merit: 259
Aww thats not looking good.
legendary
Last S5+ miners blade  is  broken.
A broken fan-sided last blade.

Any word from them? Was not sure with it being Friday if would be able to get good anwser.

How did they treat you so far with RMA?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Man.... with sptech always problems, with c1 problems, with S5+.......
Tupsu, u are the man!
legendary

Dang sorry to hear that.  There goes perfect record, make sure to get a ticket in so you can start that RMA.  Hopefully they will just ship you a hashing board.  Please let us know how it turns out on rma and how they treat you.
legendary

legendary
S5+ is better built as S5.
But only S5+ problem is - broken software .
An S5+ is not working choice - Customize the fan speed percentage.

Customize the fan speed percentage-  works perfectly with S5 controller.

S5+ single with S5 controller

Fan1  2,640  Fan2  2,400   Temp 62, 62, 65  Frequency 325

Fan1  3,480  Fan2  3,480   Temp 53, 51, 55  Frequency 325

Thank  you for sharing all that you have.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to think it is better built.

I will agree software is pretty much of S5.  Only thing different is I did have no network connectivity and it did not get warn, or have issues as some S5's say they did.

I wonder if they had better screening or what has caused no one yet atleast to show a screenshot of an issue with hardware.
legendary
It appears someone who posted a while back user: Meat was passing out some links that were to fake bitmain site. - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12228730  I don't know if he had one in here or not (hopefully not).

But if you did click on a link from him when he was a user I suggest changing bitmain password, or any other site if you use shared passwords (and don't do this).  Also turn on 2 factor on what ever sites you are able to.
legendary
S5+ is better built as S5.
But only S5+ problem is - broken software .
An S5+ is not working choice - Customize the fan speed percentage.

Customize the fan speed percentage-  works perfectly with S5 controller.

S5+ single with S5 controller

Fan1  2,640  Fan2  2,400   Temp 62, 62, 65  Frequency 325

Fan1  3,480  Fan2  3,480   Temp 53, 51, 55  Frequency 325
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
Still working great no issues as far the unit.  It handled that night I lost networking out there so solid unit.

All chips are working great no X's.  I am very happy to say the least about this unit.  Below is it currently running:

looks very sexy Grin

I am extremely happy with it.  I was worried about no network issue some had, it showed it mine does not have this from when I lost networking during middle of night.  All hashing blades work to spec not a single X or issue.   So out of 9 blades 0 issues.

I would like to know if everyone who got one is as happy as me.  If they all were such good units.  I have not seen anyone post a defective one yet online, so I'm thinking even if it was a one batch thing it was well done.

Yes, happy customer here, no issues it just keeps hashing. powered with 3x evga 1300's on 115
legendary
Still working great no issues as far the unit.  It handled that night I lost networking out there so solid unit.

All chips are working great no X's.  I am very happy to say the least about this unit.  Below is it currently running:

looks very sexy Grin

I am extremely happy with it.  I was worried about no network issue some had, it showed it mine does not have this from when I lost networking during middle of night.  All hashing blades work to spec not a single X or issue.   So out of 9 blades 0 issues.

I would like to know if everyone who got one is as happy as me.  If they all were such good units.  I have not seen anyone post a defective one yet online, so I'm thinking even if it was a one batch thing it was well done.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

looks very sexy Grin
legendary

legendary

It looks like its aluminum but I could be wrong.  Is it the fan you were saying is not aluminum?     But yea hit up bitmain - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and get a new fan.

It is made of galvanized sheet steel.

Ahh thanks for sharing.  I was looking for plastic did not think of different metal material being used.

You are right they have it on spec as "The S5+ uses an unpainted aluminum casing".   Odd that they would have mistyped that.
legendary

It looks like its aluminum but I could be wrong.  Is it the fan you were saying is not aluminum?     But yea hit up bitmain - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and get a new fan.

It is made of galvanized sheet steel.

legendary
It looks like Tupsu's last S5+ is just missing the aluminum housing around the controller board.  Is that the aluminum missing? Sucks about the fan.  Sure they will probably make good replacing it, but at what cost to downtime?

I can't tell from this angle.   You might be right the wires make it hard to tell, the controller is pretty compact so wires might be covering it up.

I'm sure he will tell us though.   And on downtime normally they don't do anything but I hope they do something for him.  But I doubt it.
legendary
Activity: 1022
It looks like Tupsu's last S5+ is just missing the aluminum housing around the controller board.  Is that the aluminum missing? Sucks about the fan.  Sure they will probably make good replacing it, but at what cost to downtime?
legendary
@notlist3d: Too bad that you want to keep the warranty! really wanted to see some underclock and underclock, temps, and kw consumption  Grin

Yes on this miner I want to keep warranty in tact.   Chances are I would run on spec so I don't want to ruin warranty to get specs.   If bitmain gave me permission without losing 90 day warranty I would try some other things, but I am not expecting this.
Pages:
Jump to: