Pages:
Author

Topic: "Hard Cap and Soft Cap" - page 13. (Read 472419 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
May 17, 2018, 01:26:24 PM
I believe the soft cap is the initial minimum target needed to confirm if the project can be continued. When soft cap is reached, then they proceed to hard cap where the tokens will be sold up to a certain maximum cap that may or may not be reached. If the project fails to reach the minimum soft cap then that project is a failure.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 02:16:08 PM
softcap in my opinion is a safe point of sales revenue while hardcap is the highest sales limit where all tokens are sold out,
I think this is very important because many projects that fail due to not reaching softcap
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
June 10, 2018, 11:48:38 AM
What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.
Many ICOs now have their "caps" too high. I think that most of them could develop product with less money.
This is why many ICOs are scam because they collect a lot of easy and quick money and that's enough for them.

i agree . so many icos with too high hardcaps. . And really good projects who reached hardcap was able to put higher hardcap.
But there are a lot of good and successful projects that only collected sofcap.
Activity: 65
June 10, 2018, 03:54:55 AM
These are fundraising goals. Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive!!
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
June 10, 2018, 03:26:20 AM
What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.
Many ICOs now have their "caps" too high. I think that most of them could develop product with less money.
This is why many ICOs are scam because they collect a lot of easy and quick money and that's enough for them.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
May 16, 2018, 06:42:55 AM
A project needs to reach SoftCap to be successful. the project is canceled if it can not collect enough money. The project that reaches the HardCap level is probably very successful, investors can make money with that investment Smiley
Activity: 98
June 08, 2018, 11:54:36 AM
I would not focus on companies that want to build a very small softcap. For example, the company GYM which starts with a minimum collection of 10 ETH, and the maximum to infinity.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
May 16, 2018, 06:40:44 AM
Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowd sale will receive.
Activity: 6
June 08, 2018, 01:00:53 AM
I was unknown about this, thanks for the explanation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 310
June 08, 2018, 12:53:30 AM
Yes, softcap and hardcap in an ICO project is important to know and note. Softcap is the minimal token that must be sold to allow a Project to run their project or their token or coin. When it doesn't meet softcap, the project commonly will refund the investor money or extend the project ICO time. Hardcap is the maximum token or coins that are available to sell.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 12:19:10 AM
softcap and hardcap are terms often used in the ico program, softcap means minimal fundraising for the project to run, whereas hardcap is the maximum fundraiser in the ico program, so if the fundraiser does not reach softcap, then the program will be canceled, and all the collected funds will be returned 100% to investors
All the money raised will be refunded if the program is good but if the team is cheat then they prefer to hold their money without refunded to the customers. So research about the team before investing is very important so i would prefer to put this as top important one.
copper member
Activity: 280
June 07, 2018, 11:52:24 PM
A soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed and a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than. For instance a soft cap could be 10 million and a hard cap 30 million meaning if the project does not attain 10 million it will not proceed and also if it reaches 30 million no more can be contributed.

The answer is very full, thank you
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
June 02, 2018, 09:49:32 AM
Some projects make soft cap too high and soft cap and hard cap difference is very close. I don't like those ICO projects. Softcap should be the minimum amount of money that project can be made. If you need only 1m USD for a project don't set your softcap as 5m USD.
Activity: 80
Merit: 4
June 02, 2018, 09:47:59 AM

Defintely you should always check the hardcap of a project. This just means that the higher the capital the lesser is the potential profit. The lower the better.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
June 02, 2018, 01:26:43 AM

It matters but not to the extent that it would determine your final decision whether to invest or not in a certain ICO. The soft cap means the minimum amount that is needed for them to kick start the development of their project. The hard cap means the maximum amount they need in order for their project to fully accomplish everything in their plans. If a project has a low soft cap, it means it will easily reach it, and the project will run easily as compared to those that have huge soft caps.
Activity: 340
Merit: 11
www.cd3d.app
June 01, 2018, 12:00:39 PM
softcap is the first target of an ICO's total capital to start implementing the said project. if an ICO reach there softcap it mean that they are successful and the project will start after ICO. there are just so little projects that can reach there hardcap in the certain ICO program, because hardcap is the maximum total capital of there project to fully implement there project in the road map. so it means that its really hard to reach it in the certain time of an ICO.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 12:35:25 PM
A soft cap is the minimum needed for the project to proceed and a hard cap is the amount that they will accept no more than. For instance a soft cap could be 10 million and a hard cap 30 million meaning if the project does not attain 10 million it will not proceed and also if it reaches 30 million no more can be contributed.
Thanks for sharing your experiences on hard hats and soft caps. I joined the ICO but I never paid attention to completing the hard hat and soft hat of the project. I think the larger the community, the more successful the ICO will be

in short the soft cap is the lower limit in the sales target or the limit to continue or dismiss sales. and hardcap is the main target or deadline and if softcap is achieved even if only in half the time of sale then the auto sale will be closed. and for ICO investors it is necessary to continue to monitor the course of sales to be able to determine what you will take next. But now there are projects that can achieve hardcap because nowadays many ICOs have sprung up to make the investors must be really right in determining where to invest.
Activity: 107
May 31, 2018, 07:40:10 AM
soft cap is the minimum of money that needs to be collected in order for the project to go further . A hard cap is a maximum of money. some companies finish the project before the deadline, if the hard cap is assembled earlier.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
May 31, 2018, 07:11:40 AM
Soft caps are pre sale targets while hard caps are the main ico targets. When soft caps are reached in an ico projects then the project is half successful. The team will now move to the hard cap which when reached means that the project is fully successful. This is the difference between the both
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
May 31, 2018, 06:55:07 AM

Nice question! Soft cap is a minimum amount a company needs to run a project while hard cap is necessary for the company to expand. The higher the money the company receives, the higher its profits. And it is necessary a company meet its soft cap as this is the only way the Company can continue its project.
Soft cap is only for the least minimal amount that they can use and over on it is much better, not raising the funds in hardcap doesn't means an ICO was a failure well then sometimes it depends in the Team who will going to use the funds for their own or to continue what they have planned in their timeline wuthout having much money raised.
Pages:
Jump to: