Pages:
Author

Topic: "Hard Cap and Soft Cap" - page 15. (Read 472384 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 15, 2018, 08:16:56 AM
What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.

It was very simple, hard cap means the price has reached its limit and the ico or tokens is fully sold out while soft cap only means that it was the first stage of token sale in the ico.
Activity: 280
Merit: 6
May 29, 2018, 11:29:06 PM
Softcap is the minimum capital calling for investment of ICO needed for its project, if the ICO does not reach the softcap it will be canceled. Harpcap is the maximum  capital calling for investment of ICO, if the ICO does not reach the hardcap, the project will continue.
Activity: 203
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 08:13:41 AM
When we discuss about altcoin or cryptocurrency things the best way to say or to describe these things are the soft cap is the minimum amount of token the project needs to sell or dispose, like if the calculation of all expenses plus income is 10, 000, 000 then they need to sell it all to keep the project on the next step, hard cap is like a bonus sale or second target to achieved like they need to sell 20, 000, 000 token for them to enlist the token in a certain exchange faster, then, when they achieved it then the second step for the project plan will be accomplished ealier than the target date.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
May 25, 2018, 12:29:38 PM
I also do not understand what it is, it seems to me that if the price were unambiguous, for example, after reaching a price in the softcap, a smart contract would simply stop using fundraising, it would be much more profitable for investors than achieving a hardcap, after which it is not known what will happen to coins.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
May 25, 2018, 12:27:14 PM
the main difference of softcaps and hardcaps is that soft caps is minimum amount of project and hard caps is the maximum amount that they aspect.
Activity: 170
May 14, 2018, 04:58:10 PM
A hard cap is defined as the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive. Most projects set a very high cap that is unlikely to happen. Only very famous projects like Status or Brave browser have reached its hard cap.
A soft cap is the amount received at which your crowdsale will be considered a success. It is the minimal amount required by your project.
If you do not reach that amount during the ICO then you will allow the investors to retire their apport.
Activity: 322
May 25, 2018, 12:21:18 PM
The softcap is the minimum amount of money that they expect to raise to start running their project, and the hardcap is the maximum of what they expect to run their project at a 100%.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
May 14, 2018, 04:51:23 PM
I believe the soft cap is the initial minimum target needed to confirm if the project can be continued. When soft cap is reached, then they proceed to hard cap where the tokens will be sold up to a certain maximum cap that may or may not be reached. If the project fails to reach the minimum soft cap then that project is a failure.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
May 25, 2018, 12:01:42 PM
I am not joining any bounty yet. But before joining bounty i research few things about bounty project where i found about Soft cap and Hard cap.

In every ICO project we saw about Soft cap and Hard cap. Both of are a Fund raising goals of a ICO project. Here Soft cap is minimum limit of fund raised and Hard cap is Maximum limit of fund raised in ICO.

So, basically every project have their own soft and hard cap. If they can't reached the soft cap then the ICO will not run and which money are refund. On the other hand if they reached their hard cap then after reaching Hard cap who are invest in that ICO then also those people money are refund.

Hope my point is right about the Soft Cap and Hard Cap!!

Well, done my dear! your point is right. Soft cap is the minimum raising fund of ICO and Hard cap is the Maximum raising fund of ICO. Without reaching soft cap they can't run their project but without reaching hard cap they can run their project.
Activity: 210
May 14, 2018, 04:45:56 PM
Hard cap and soft both is the fund rising target. hard cap is the maximum amount of fund rising and soft cap is the  minimum amount of fund collection . if any new company reached hard cap then its called the good project becuase its reach the maximum target .
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
May 25, 2018, 11:56:46 AM
I am not joining any bounty yet. But before joining bounty i research few things about bounty project where i found about Soft cap and Hard cap.

In every ICO project we saw about Soft cap and Hard cap. Both of are a Fund raising goals of a ICO project. Here Soft cap is minimum limit of fund raised and Hard cap is Maximum limit of fund raised in ICO.

So, basically every project have their own soft and hard cap. If they can't reached the soft cap then the ICO will not run and which money are refund. On the other hand if they reached their hard cap then after reaching Hard cap who are invest in that ICO then also those people money are refund.

Hope my point is right about the Soft Cap and Hard Cap!!
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
May 14, 2018, 04:35:35 PM
softcap is a token already sold 15% of the total all allocation tokens.
hardcap is a token already sold 75% of the total all allocation tokens

You are not right. Different projects have different shares for soft "enough funds for project development" and hard "the maximu funds are raised" caps.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
May 20, 2018, 06:58:31 AM
What is the difference of hard cap to soft cap? Did we base on this if we are going to invest in altcoins? Share your comments.
I always take hardcap into consideration when I want to invest in some project, if they set the hardcap too high then I won't put my money there. The project will have too much money and marketcap at the start if the hardcap is high and that will make the price hard to go up in exchange, most of the project like that will get the price down for a few months before going up again. It's better to invest in a project with reasonable cap, maybe like 5M max as it's already a lot, that way, it will start with low marketcap and the price can start climbing from there.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
May 20, 2018, 06:55:19 AM
These are fundraising goals. Soft cap is the lower limit, the minimal amount required for the project to be considered. If the project does not reach its soft cap, the team will return the funds. On the other hand, hard cap is the maximum amount a crowdsale will receive. Smiley Smiley
My basis on investing a project is depending on its amount raise, when they only reach the soft cap, my expectation is that they
will be having a hard time to develop the project, people sometimes invest on a company that reach its hard cap as they have more funds to be use in development.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
May 14, 2018, 04:29:10 PM
soft cap is the minimum amount they are expecting to sell
hardcap is like and addition after they have reach the softcap, if a project reach there softcap that means they succeed hardcap is like plus to there success
Activity: 103
May 19, 2018, 05:51:52 PM
Yes, of course. This is one of the most frequently used categories for deciding whether a project is worth investing or not. With the project already able to achieve soft cap, then the project can be said to be worth investing. The hard cap is the maximum target the project wants to achieve if the project can reach hard cap, or even more, the project can be said to have succeeded and done very successfully.
Activity: 51
May 14, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
Well, softcap is the minimum amount. If they reach this limit then they can go for the project otherwise the project will fail because they have not earned that amount to run it. Hardcap is the maximum limit of tokens they can sell. If it is reached then it will be lot more easier to run the project.
Activity: 210
May 19, 2018, 04:33:33 PM
When the project raised soft cup it is a good idea to look at it much more attentive. But of course it does not grant you that the project will be successful.
Activity: 112
May 19, 2018, 02:28:08 PM
As of now its really hard to reach the soft cap and hard cap because theres so many ICO project exist right now.This is the big reason that all investors has an individual participation to joined the ICO Project.
Activity: 137
May 14, 2018, 04:13:38 PM
Softcup is the minimum that you need to run the project.
Hardcup is the amount that is needed to have all the necessary opportunities for the development of the project. Comprehensive support, listing on exchanges, PR, etc.
Recently, few raise collect hard cards.
Not everyone raise even softcup and the ICOs disappear or temporarily stop their activities.
Pages:
Jump to: