Pages:
Author

Topic: HARD COVER Encyclopedia + RARE Autograph Edition - page 4. (Read 5580 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
The count is currently at 30 coin makers and it may grow a few more.  Almost all coin makers that do holos are providing them so far.  I may even include a few extra holos from makers not on the list to sign.

Just an update...

So far I've received back 11 out of the 30 label sets I mailed out.  I sent a reminder to some coin makers today.  Since I want to have all or the majority back in, it may still be another 6 weeks before the sets are ready for sale.  I would rather delay the sets and provide the largest amount of signed labels and holos as possible than to rush it.  Some coin makers outside of the US may have to deal with slower mail which causes delays.

legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
#1 has sold via private sale for $1500.

The number of signatures has now grown to 26, and there will be 12+ holograms, plus unmentioned extras.

Matthew is going through the book looking for needed edits. Looks like there are several on each page... This version will be much better than the original paperback!
legendary
The Cryptonumist
The first batch has sold!
legendary
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
I've had some new additions to the signatures since elianite started this thread:

MrWhiteBites (Cryptogifts Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, and I/O Tokens)
ny2cafuse (Guldencoin)
cryptonic21 (Cryptonic Monero & Bitcoin)
AussieBTCs
CoinHoarder (Cryptovest Litecoins)
serp
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Are all gone ? Sad

Also, just to reconfirm 250$ is for books + 170$ extra for signs/autographs - right ?Wink

3 books total are gone so far.

Not sure what you mean ^^. $400 covers the book and the labels, with the 'normal' books priced at $150, and label base price set by bithalo being $225. Since you have bought books from me previously, you qualify fora discount making it below $400 for an Autograph Edition.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
Are all gone ? Sad

Also, just to reconfirm 250$ is for books + 170$ extra for signs/autographs - right ?Wink
legendary
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
Just a heads up that most of the makers have agreed to provide holos so far.  I'm still working on this to try to get confirmation from all the makers who are signing.  Nobody has said no yet.  I'm very excited and appreciate all the support from them.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
30 minutes!

As tempted as I am, if I had not already bought a signed book, I would try for this, but I think I will have to pass. Good luck to you all, though! Smiley
legendary
The Cryptonumist
hey,

so we have to pay within 12h but we won't get it till like August???

I'm pretty sure that's correct, but I don't know the date. If it makes you feel better, I bought a signature series edition of the first one back in like December (I think?), and I am still waiting for it! Cheesy  (PDF is fine for now)!

Just so it is on the record.. the books are being distributed next week! MinerJones is taking care of it, and is excellent at what he does. The delays that took place with the paper-back will not happen this time around Smiley

12h is not a hard deadline, more to keep the train moving.

Timeline for production:

Task-list 1
Howard sends out labels
Labels signed & holograms sealed
Labels sent back to Howard
Howard puts labels into sets

Task-list 2
Minor book edits are completed
Book size is re-formatted. Cover is designed.
Book is submitted, along with metadata. Allow 1 week for approval
Book is printed. Allow up to 12 business days (hard-covers take longer)
Book is shipped to distributor (2-3 days)

Combined tasks:
Affix all labels to the books
Books are packaged and and sent off to buyers

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
hey,

I'm pretty sure that's correct, but I don't know the date. If it makes you feel better, I bought a signature series edition of the first one back in like December (I think?), and I am still waiting for it! Cheesy  (PDF is fine for now)!
legendary
Just looking for peace
hey,

legendary
The Cryptonumist
Another version of the book this early? I can't really say that I like the idea. However, I'll keep my eye out on this one. Things will certainly get interesting once you release the first batch.

To clarify, the book content is the exactly same (save for some spelling corrections, etc). It it just the format that is changing.
That said, a 2017 book is planned for early next year, at which point the collector base has hopefully grown.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Another version of the book this early? I can't really say that I like the idea. However, I'll keep my eye out on this one. Things will certainly get interesting once you release the first batch.
legendary
Just looking for peace

It all adds to the excitement!

That said, I doubt anyone will be expecting this to be particularly cheap. It is a combination of the 'base' price for the hard cover, and the label set. You can make an educated guess by knowing that the paperback (with more numbers availible) originally sold for just over $100.

Actually i would really like to know a Rough price
Will it be below 200$ ??
I will give you some hints;

Autographs for many very obscure celebrities often are $10-$20 at conventions to sign something of yours, which they aren't factoring in the medium to sign on, shipping back & forth internationally (hopefully no customs), packaging, and time.    The pricing for these isn't cheap, but its within the normal range for autographs, especially for a limited serialized set.
Pricing is planned to be $10 per autograph, sold only as a complete set.  Total edition will be 50 sets made, but all coin makers participating will be given a set out of the 50. Total amount released to buyers will be TBD once I know how many coin makers are participating. 

17+ signatures are included, and both comments were made before the holograms were added.

It is also safe to say that the 50 quantity (larger size) hard-cover will have a higher base price then the 100 quantity paper-back.

i guess that makes it around 400$ Smiley

Thanks
legendary
The Cryptonumist

That said, I doubt anyone will be expecting this to be particularly cheap. It is a combination of the 'base' price for the hard cover, and the label set. You can make an educated guess by knowing that the paperback (with more numbers availible) originally sold for just over $100.

Will it be below 200$ ??
I will give you some hints;

Autographs for many very obscure celebrities often are $10-$20 at conventions to sign something of yours, which they aren't factoring in the medium to sign on, shipping back & forth internationally (hopefully no customs), packaging, and time.    The pricing for these isn't cheap, but its within the normal range for autographs, especially for a limited serialized set.
Pricing is planned to be $10 per autograph, sold only as a complete set.  Total edition will be 50 sets made, but all coin makers participating will be given a set out of the 50. Total amount released to buyers will be TBD once I know how many coin makers are participating. 

17+ signatures are included, and both comments were made before the holograms were added.

It is also safe to say that the 50 quantity (larger size) hard-cover will have a higher base price then the 100 quantity paper-back.
legendary
Just looking for peace

Will it be below 200$ ??
legendary
The Cryptonumist

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
legendary
Just looking for peace
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Pages: