Pages:
Author

Topic: Hardbit hardware wallet? - page 4. (Read 4932 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
May 10, 2014, 03:15:47 PM
A Bitcoin transaction operated on Hardbit only needs 3 steps: scan the payment request, input password, show your transaction QR to receiver. This is not complex compared to software wallet on smartphone, and is more convienent compared to software wallets on computers.

Wait how does the device get the outputs that are used as input? On the website it says the device is never connected to the internet so how does it get the blockchain or the SPV information?

You need a smart phone with internet to complete the transaction from HardBit .

Do you have any sources for that and is there another option (live feeding it SPV information before you leave home or something like that?). I really have to interest in carrying a tracking device all the time.
Where can I get more information about hardbit?

http://www.dcmagnates.com/physical-bitcoin-wallet-hardbit-launched-in-china-rest-of-the-world-to-follow/

Read where it says :-

'' The device doesn’t have the ability to connect to the internet, meaning another device, e.g. a smartphone will be needed to complete the transaction. ''

I don't know how much of that is true and how it works .
I will be receiving mine very soon , within 3-4 days .

Ill post everything .
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
May 10, 2014, 02:46:40 PM
its a phone.. can anyone else not see that...

so it looks to me to be a rooted phone with custom software. and i bet it still has all the antenna and cellphone chips inside.. so i call this a hobby device for fanboys and not a end-product for serious investors.

although i presume all the phone code for making calls and accessing the internet is scrubbed out and all the new software does is form signed transactions and converts that into a QR code to then be transmitted by the payee.

i wouldnt say its 100% secure. especially if buying from third party vendors who can add software to re-enable internet access (trojan) to snoop on their customers activities and privkeys.

in short, its a step in the right direction but not a 100% secure method for average jo or rich investors that dont know how to check sourcecode.
legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
May 10, 2014, 02:27:46 PM
A Bitcoin transaction operated on Hardbit only needs 3 steps: scan the payment request, input password, show your transaction QR to receiver. This is not complex compared to software wallet on smartphone, and is more convienent compared to software wallets on computers.

Wait how does the device get the outputs that are used as input? On the website it says the device is never connected to the internet so how does it get the blockchain or the SPV information?

Do you have any sources for that and is there another option (live feeding it SPV information before you leave home or something like that?). I really have to interest in carrying a tracking device all the time.
Where can I get more information about hardbit?
May 10, 2014, 12:38:34 PM

legendary
Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015
May 10, 2014, 12:19:11 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 10, 2014, 12:08:50 PM
I would not trust any device that was not open source. How do we know this cannot be hacked? How do we know that this isn't sending our private keys to the firm?

it seems by the pic that it is android based. So it probably is open source.
May 10, 2014, 11:30:31 AM
I just ordered 4 of them .
Payment was accepted and got a mail from them that they will be shipped on Monday .

Will post the unboxing here .

There is not much info on hardbit.cn . I mean no technical data and stuff .
But i hope its open source , or it will be hard to trust them .

Also , open source will help us install some cool wallpapers and BTC receiving and sending sounds , I guess !!

It , looked good , could not resist myself , so ordered 4 of the .
Hope they turn out good .

I paid for 2 plastic Trezors in Sep. last year , have received nothing , and they have asked for 12 more weeks .
And those were 1 BTC each , these are damn cheap with cool display and rugid body .

Though , i wonder , how's its battery life .
Activity: 163
May 10, 2014, 10:49:29 AM
I would not trust any device that was not open source. How do we know this cannot be hacked? How do we know that this isn't sending our private keys to the firm?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 10, 2014, 10:48:21 AM
I suppose China is still very much involved with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
May 10, 2014, 04:46:48 AM
I guess we wait for reports of real-world testing now.

Was expecting sub 0.25btc price, so not too bad.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
May 09, 2014, 11:17:27 PM
http://www.dcmagnates.com/physical-bitcoin-wallet-hardbit-launched-in-china-rest-of-the-world-to-follow/

Just heard about this and supposedly launches internationally tomorrow?  Alternative to trezor and bitsafe?

http://www.hardbit.cn
Pages:
Jump to: