Pages:
Author

Topic: hardware wallets safe? - page 4. (Read 10196 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 11, 2019, 01:37:04 PM
I have never used a hard wallet and I still use a web wallet even now there are no obstacles at all. so, basically every crypto wallet in terms of security depends on the user, and if it's not careless I think nothing bad will happen
But hardware wallet is very different from the other wallets like as desktop wallet,Mobile wallet,Paper wallet. Your money will highly secure in the hardware wallet because you have to no worried to keep your private key. So i think right now hardware wallet is the most Secure wallet. Everyone not a security expert in that case hardware wallet can be ensure to safe your money. I don't hold my assets in the web wallet for the long times. But in situation i recommend hardware wallet is the best.                  
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
October 11, 2019, 01:05:19 PM
I have been holding my bitcoins and etherium at my Ledger Nano S wallet for a few years already and no one satoshi has gone yet, so I am sure it is safe.
But a hardware wallet needs to be bought only when there is a large amount of money in the cryptocurrency, in other cases I see no point in buying a hardware wallet
If you have bitcoin for several thousand dollars, you should think about buying a hardware wallet. In the future, it could turn into several hundred thousand dollars.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
July 31, 2019, 01:59:27 PM
Hardware wallets are obviously safer, but it doesn't mean they don't have their own drawbacks. Private keys of Web wallets or app wallets can easily be stolen if care is not taken. For example, people install strange keyboards which might be from scammers/hackers and their wallets get hacked through that means. Hardware wallets are more secure, my best picks are Ledger Nano and Trezor.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
July 31, 2019, 01:49:57 PM
I have been holding my bitcoins and etherium at my Ledger Nano S wallet for a few years already and no one satoshi has gone yet, so I am sure it is safe.
I think that danger exists only when you are trying to transfer your funds but not when you just hold them on your wallet.
No issues while sending as well if you keep your wallet free secured from any one and also the private keys.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
July 31, 2019, 01:47:21 PM
It is the safest wallet to have.
If you have so many cryptocurrency savings for the future then you must invest on your hardware wallet.
As they said, if you invested more than 500 USD in cryptocurrency then it is worth having it!
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
https://bmy.guide
July 31, 2019, 01:45:15 PM
But a hardware wallet needs to be bought only when there is a large amount of money in the cryptocurrency, in other cases I see no point in buying a hardware wallet
Activity: 936
July 31, 2019, 11:00:00 AM
So far the most safest wallet, just don't forget to buy at trusted seller, or else your seed could be already compromised.

Hardware wallet secures your cryptos, even the workstation are infected with malware.

If you have a vast amount of valuable cryptos, try to divide it to the multiple hardware wallet.
buying at a trusted seller is also a concern that must be done, because now there are so many sellers who have opened the seal of the hardware wallet and it is dangerous for the security of the assets of the buyer
Activity: 560
July 31, 2019, 10:37:19 AM
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
July 31, 2019, 08:49:49 AM
I have reviewed the Ledger Nano devices. The hardware looks safe, the chip is a secure piece of hardware. I prefer the USB device because the bluetooth model potentially can be sniffed and the info can be captured between wallet and PC. 
Activity: 728
Merit: 63
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
July 31, 2019, 08:38:33 AM
You can say hardware wallet almost safe rather than the online wallet. To hold your asset,you can choose hardware wallet to store your seeds for future. Everything is risky in online and there are many hackers around us to steal our assets. That's why, we need to be careful all time.
Activity: 89
Merit: 2
July 31, 2019, 08:14:21 AM
Yes, hardware wallets are the safest wallets. We just have to keep our seed protected and offline.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
July 29, 2019, 10:02:34 AM
I have not use or see any one around using it but I believe its save than online wallet and that can also be recover once you have your key available , and I also think the major issue in losing one coins are the way many Loose guide on their key which is major problem many face .
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
https://primedao.eth.link/#/
July 29, 2019, 09:23:57 AM
It is the safest of all types of wallets in this market. You won't need to be too concerned if you protect it carefully and don't lose it. No one will hack your wallet
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
July 29, 2019, 06:11:00 AM
So far the most safest wallet, just don't forget to buy at trusted seller, or else your seed could be already compromised.

Hardware wallet secures your cryptos, even the workstation are infected with malware.

If you have a vast amount of valuable cryptos, try to divide it to the multiple hardware wallet.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
July 29, 2019, 05:50:50 AM
I personally think it is safe as an offline wallet offers the highest level of security for storing crypto is it involves storing the funds in a secured place that is not connected to any network. This type of wallet can also offer good protection against computer vulnerabilities. The hardware wallets are the best type of offline wallet that offers very high security and ease of use. Also, as these wallets allow backup, you can easily recover your funds if you lose this device.

One such example of a hardware wallet is Trezor. It operates as secure cold storage. You can easily transfer bitcoins to the device using the Trezor interface, which is accessible from macOS, Linux, Windows, and Android. Its interface is quite easy to use that lists your coins and recent transactions.

Trezor uses a 12 to 24-word seed for protection and recovery and a user-defined PIN. You can also add an encrypted passphrase to your wallet for an added layer of security.

what say u?
of course, what you say is true that hardware wallets are very safe and trustworthy. I personally also use this hardware wallet, because the security is good, the transaction is easy, and easy to use.
Activity: 149
Merit: 1
July 29, 2019, 05:34:51 AM
I'm using a hardware wallet and its actually good. It has 2fa and it requires you to have both your phone, and hardware wallet before you can make a transaction. But I don't recommend having all your funds to be saved on that wallet, I have mine saved on 3~4 different ones.
Activity: 251
July 29, 2019, 05:28:47 AM
it is certainly the safest wallet to date. Currently I use Ledger and I am holding quite a bit of Bitcoin there.
I am quite confident in it because it is offline and hackers cannot invade.

Your wallet does not need to be online in order to lose your BTC. Your BTC is stored on the chain and is tied to a private key.

That said, the chances of randomly guessing your private key is astronomically hard.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
July 28, 2019, 02:16:11 AM
it is certainly the safest wallet to date. Currently I use Ledger and I am holding quite a bit of Bitcoin there.
I am quite confident in it because it is offline and hackers cannot invade.
Activity: 251
July 28, 2019, 01:33:26 AM
Just make sure that you buy the hardware wallet directly from a reputable source, and not second-hand or from unknown web site. There have been cases where the software inside the hardware wallet was modified such that the private key is fixed and known to the seller, so any funds you deposit will be lost.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
July 28, 2019, 01:14:19 AM
I think the most safest offline wallets. Only you have acces to this kind of wallet.
Ledger and trezor have 3rd party person, and if tomorow they gone by some reasons you lost your funds
Pages:
Jump to: