Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs - page 26. (Read 8755 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0
Okay so keccak on zpool is off for cpu showing me an estimated profit of $6.55. App also says that mining stats unavailable for my gpu, but it looks to be mining(this on the latest version clean install). Do you think you can add CryptonightV7 fork and Mining Speed pool please?

According to the Zpool.ca website, there were a couple big price swings with keccak tonight (go to https://www.zpool.ca/site/mining and click on keccak and you'll see a couple peaks where the price momentarily went over .2 mBTC/GH/Day) You'll also see one point this evening where the hash rate mining keccak on Zpool nearly doubled from 40,000 GH/s to almost 80,000 GH/s -  so the price you saw was from the pool and not a miscalculation in the software. Just to be on the safe side, I confirmed that the pool is still pricing keccak in GH/s as the software expects. Right now on my test rig, the software is estimating 40 cents for keccak on Zpool using the same version as you are using.

Version 1.7 of Hash Auger now includes a Price Spike Limit on each device's Profitability tab that can be used to ignore price blips such as these. Just enter the highest price that you consider is realistic for each GPU at today's prices and the algorithm-switcher will ignore any prices that are above that amount. For example, if you had set a limit of $6.00, the software would have ignored keccak when it was temporarily priced at $6.55

"Mining Stats Unavailable" will appear for both Klaust and Ethminer because those miners have been programmed in such a way that Hash Auger cannot read their screen output in real time like it does with the other miners. This doesn't affect your mining output, it just means that Hash Auger cannot show the current hash rate and results. When you use these miners, the mining windows are minimized to the task bar instead of being hidden so you can keep an eye on what the miners will doing as needed.  The software will still update benchmarks and the mining output windows after Klaust is done mining each coin. I added an entry about this to the FAQ on the Hash Auger website last night.

Cryptonightv7 is already supported by the version of XMRig included in Hash Auger and it worked fine earlier today with MiningPoolHub.   I'll add MiningSpeed pool to my list of pools to look at.
Activity: 82
Okay so keccak on zpool is off for cpu showing me an estimated profit of $6.55. App also says that mining stats unavailable for my gpu, but it looks to be mining(this on the latest version clean install). Do you think you can add CryptonightV7 fork and Mining Speed pool please?
Ok, I'm going to visit your thread from time to time and keep the manual switching for now Cheesy

Thanks for keeping my software in mind and trying it out. I'll keep looking into how to resolve the incompatibility with remote viewing software.
Activity: 19
Ok, I'm going to visit your thread from time to time and keep the manual switching for now Cheesy
I think i'm to busy for a real testing next week but I'll try an install to see if the remote thing is working.

I understand, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to confirm that the new version will work with remote software before I release it.  I'm working with another user to try to get that problem solved, so if you would just rather watch this thread for announcements, I'll be sure to include something in the top post when I can confirm it is working. In any case, thanks for trying the software and sorry you ran into that issue.

Hi,
do you have any idea how to fix that remote thing? Or do you have worked something out with the other guy?
I testet 1.6 a few days ago. It's working if the monitor is connected but not via remote. I think remote should work also if the monitor is connected and active while connecting remotely, unfortunately i don't have a second one here to plug it in as default. Tried to build a dummy plug today but either it didn't work or i burned the resistors  Roll Eyes

Sorry, the other user got busy with other things and I haven't been able to debug the issue any further.  Based on my research so far, the issue is that remote viewers block certain types of multi-threading calls from completing, which prevents the UI from painting itself. I rewrote all the UI calls using in a way that is supposed to be remote viewer friendly. Obviously that wasn't enough, so I will look into deeper code changes, but those will take a bit of time to implement.
Activity: 19
I think i'm to busy for a real testing next week but I'll try an install to see if the remote thing is working.

I understand, I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to confirm that the new version will work with remote software before I release it.  I'm working with another user to try to get that problem solved, so if you would just rather watch this thread for announcements, I'll be sure to include something in the top post when I can confirm it is working. In any case, thanks for trying the software and sorry you ran into that issue.

Hi,
do you have any idea how to fix that remote thing? Or do you have worked something out with the other guy?
I testet 1.6 a few days ago. It's working if the monitor is connected but not via remote. I think remote should work also if the monitor is connected and active while connecting remotely, unfortunately i don't have a second one here to plug it in as default. Tried to build a dummy plug today but either it didn't work or i burned the resistors  Roll Eyes
Could you possibly add scrypt?
for at least 2-3 days now ahashpool and scrypt with my hashrate of around 2mh/s would give me 19$ a day, at least according to awesome miner when i check there.
Would love to be able to mine it with your software

I added Scrypt as a supported algorithm in 1.7. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing it being very profitable for GPUs on AHashPool or any other pool that the software supports. Due to the low estimated earnings and the fact that it can take a few minutes to benchmark each device just for this one algorithm, I have Scrypt currently disabled by default. You can enable it by going to each device's benchmark tab, placing a checkmark next to the algorithm and then saving each device.  You will need to enable Zergpool in order to benchmark scrypt, but the software should only benchmark that one algorithm if all the other algorithms have been benchmarked.
Thank you very much for the effort. I will wait and see if tonights version works or not. Cause cpu works(minus the error in hashrate/price), but gpu just hangs.

If you provide more details, as to which miners hang, I would have a better chance of discovering why you are experiencing these issues. Last I heard from you a few days ago is that the miners wouldn't install at all. Even though the hash rate is zero, there still should be output in the Miners tab for each device that shows what each miner is doing. Are the miner processes running in Task Manager? If you have Afterburner or a similar utility, do the GPUs look like they are mining? In version 1.6, the hash rate is now based on accepted results for more realistic price-estimates. So the hash rate for each active miner will show zero until the pool has accepted a result. Depending on the algorithm and the pool, that could take a few minutes and will be longer than earlier versions that just used the average hash rate reported by the miner.

It might be beneficial to include a instructions list on how to set defender to ignore the miners folder in your instructions page.  some of us are "windumb" coming from Macs.   
Just thinking... If we had originally set defender to ignore the miners folder and then through the process of uninstalling and deleting do to various reasons are we supposed to set defender back up to ignore the folder again? 

I have brief instructions on how to setup an exclusion on Windows Defender in the second entry on my FAQ page: https://www.hashauger.com/faq.html.  Unfortunately, until I revise the page later tonight, you'll need to scroll down to the bottom as the first entry expands on page load.  You shouldn't have to create an exclusion after each update. The exclusion should exist in Windows Defender until you delete it regardless of whether or not the Miners folder is deleted.  Also, you shouldn't haven't to uninstall Hash Auger between updates - just run the installer and it will update the files that have changed. That way you won't have to benchmark your devices again or re-enter any configuration information.

While we are waiting for the next update can i ask a question here?  I am pretty new here and to the mining world so please take it easy on me.  When I see a coin listed and there is a hash rate listed with it what does that mean?  Is that listed hashrate the total of everyone mining that coin on that pool?   What I am trying to figure out is how to spot a coin to mine that is more profitable than another coin.  
When I look at the stats screen in zergpool for example I see coins that have many more miners on them than others.  Should i mine coins that have the most miners?  How do I spot the best coins at any given time?  And Why does different coins hash at different rates?
I would appreciate anyone's time in trying to explain.  

When you say listed, are you referring to being listed on the pool website?  If so, then yes, that is the current hash rate of people mining that coin on that pool at that moment.  Mining coins is really all about luck and not very different than lottery pools.  Everyone contributes their hash rate in hopes that the pool will quickly find a new block and be rewarded with coins for doing so - just like people pool money to buy lottery tickets to increase their odds of wining. Unlike lottery tickets where the chance or difficulty of wining is fixed, the difficulty of finding a new block for a coin usually fluctuates based on the network (all the pools and solo-miners) hash rate. Another thing to keep in mind, is that each miner's reward for the pool finding a new block is often proportional to the amount of work each miner contributed to the effort. So the more miners, the smaller each's share will usually be. Of course, too few miners and it will take forever to find a block and earn any rewards.

Coins hash at different rates because the underlying algorithms require varying amounts of work to contribute shares. A pool's hash rate for a given coin will also change based on how appealing that coin is to miners. If the value of that coin is high, more miners will mine it until the value falls and then most of them will move on to a higher value coin. Other miners will stick with the coin regardless of short-term price fluctuations because it is part of their strategy to do so.

If you are going to focus on mining one or a few coins and then hold on to them, you should do so based on your belief that those coins have a better chance of appreciating in value than other coins. A pool's mining statistics are more useful if you are trying to auto-exchange coins into another coin like bitcoin or litecoin; in that situation,  you you may find it easier as a beginner to just look at the pool's price estimates to see a rough approximation of what mining a particular coin would earn without having to consider the coin's current value as well as the pool's hash rate, difficulty and other factors.
Activity: 68
While we are waiting for the next update can i ask a question here?  I am pretty new here and to the mining world so please take it easy on me.  When I see a coin listed and there is a hash rate listed with it what does that mean?  Is that listed hashrate the total of everyone mining that coin on that pool?   What I am trying to figure out is how to spot a coin to mine that is more profitable than another coin.  
When I look at the stats screen in zergpool for example I see coins that have many more miners on them than others.  Should i mine coins that have the most miners?  How do I spot the best coins at any given time?  And Why does different coins hash at different rates?
I would appreciate anyone's time in trying to explain.  
Activity: 68
It might be beneficial to include a instructions list on how to set defender to ignore the miners folder in your instructions page.  some of us are "windumb" coming from Macs.    
Just thinking... If we had originally set defender to ignore the miners folder and then through the process of uninstalling and deleting do to various reasons are we supposed to set defender back up to ignore the folder again?  
Thank you very much for the effort. I will wait and see if tonights version works or not. Cause cpu works(minus the error in hashrate/price), but gpu just hangs.
So I can get it to cpu mine(shows me the wrong profits, but I think that's more of a pool issue), but gpu mining it does nothing, even after benching it twice. All it does is show $0 and 0 hashing, doesn't matter the coin.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. BlazePool added Quark recently and it uses a non-standard hash rate, which may be causing the prices to be calculated incorrectly for that coin on that pool. I'm testing a new version (1.7) which should be released later tonight that will fix that pricing issue and add some new features.  However, I haven't noticed unusual pricing for any other coin on any other pool. Unfortunately, I also cannot duplicate your issues with the miners downloading or the GPU mining not working.  Between 1.6.1, 1.6.2 and 1.7, I have spent hours reinstalling and testing the software this past weekend and have not encountered either issue nor has anyone else reported them.
So I can get it to cpu mine(shows me the wrong profits, but I think that's more of a pool issue), but gpu mining it does nothing, even after benching it twice. All it does is show $0 and 0 hashing, doesn't matter the coin.
for at least 2-3 days now ahashpool and scrypt with my hashrate of around 2mh/s would give me 19$ a day, at least according to awesome miner when i check there.

I'm currently testing a new version of Hash Auger that will include Scrypt support. However, I'm not sure how AwesomeMiner estimates those earnings for that algorithm on that pool. According to the AHashPool website, the highest price for Scrypt in the last thirty days was .00148 mBTC/MH/day. So even if you are doing 2 MH/s per card, you would still only be earning less than .003 mBTC per day per GPU which is far under a dollar a day for each video card.

Thanks for your feedback about the miner processes, but there are some benefits to running each GPU in its own process. First, if the miner process fails for one device, it won't affect any other device. Second, some mining software run certain algorithms less efficiently when multiple GPUs are grouped together into the same process than they do when each GPU has its own process. This is due to how the mining software validates and coordinates work among the GPUs and does affect your hash rate. Finally, running each GPU in its own process allows users to define optimal settings per device instead of being limited to average settings.
Activity: 35
Activity: 35
Thank , gonna test it out and get back to you

EDIT:
Seems to be working fine now, its adding the hashes.
I'll see if i bump into something else that stops me.
One thing to add would be to be able to connect with the afterburner server?  similar to what awesome miner have

Another good thing to add to the program would be to be able to group up GPUs, like if you would prefer always running all GPUs towards the same target so it doesnt start up lots of mining processes.
Do you get what i mean? Smiley

I have uploaded version 1.6.2 of the software that should fix the issue you were having. I changed the decimal separator on my own machine from a period to a comma and was able to benchmark all the miners with this version. Please let me know how this update works for you.
This is what is shown.  {"ethminer":"0.13.0","dstm":"0.6.0","klaust":"8.2.1","nevermore":"0.0.2","Tpruvot":"2.2.5.0","xmrig-nvidia":"2.5.2","nevermore-s":"0.1.1","xevan":"0.1"}

Thanks. None of the CPU miners are listed, which is to be expected since you have the CPU disabled. I double-checked the code and you should only see that warning  if the CPU is enabled and the software can't download the miner. With Hash Auger closed, please delete the CPU0.xml file from the install location and restart the app.
This is what is shown.  {"ethminer":"0.13.0","dstm":"0.6.0","klaust":"8.2.1","nevermore":"0.0.2","Tpruvot":"2.2.5.0","xmrig-nvidia":"2.5.2","nevermore-s":"0.1.1","xevan":"0.1"}
Pages:
Jump to: