Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs - page 29. (Read 8755 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0
Is your app using less gpu power, while hashing better(ie more efficient)? I ask because using 1.5 and mining with 3 gpu and 1 cpu, I am right now seeing temps that are 5 degrees lower than they were with NH, while hashrate is higher(mining the same coin on auto, just a different pool). Plus, fans aren't moving as fast.

Do you think you can give us the ability to individually choose which gpus we want to auto switch and which we don't? Like have two gpus on manual and one on auto? Thank you.

It's possible that one of the new miners I added is more efficient than the one that NiceHash uses for that algorithm.  Also, by setting the thread count and affinity on the CPU miner, your processor may be running more efficiently and producing less heat inside your case (assuming you have an enclosed rig) and having less of a negative impact on your GPU mining.

I'm thinking about incorpoating the ability to manually set each GPU, but my highest priority new feature right now is adding XMRStak before CryptonightV7 is launched.
Activity: 82
Is your app using less gpu power, while hashing better(ie more efficient)? I ask because using 1.5 and mining with 3 gpu and 1 cpu, I am right now seeing temps that are 5 degrees lower than they were with NH, while hashrate is higher(mining the same coin on auto, just a different pool). Plus, fans aren't moving as fast.

Do you think you can give us the ability to individually choose which gpus we want to auto switch and which we don't? Like have two gpus on manual and one on auto? Thank you.
Thank you will be trying it out right now. Which pool exchanges RavenCoin to bitcoin? Which exchange wallet works with bsod and alttank?

Zergpool now supports auto-exchange for Raven, but the prices have really fallen recently. AltTank currently only supports Raven and Pigeon coins and only pays out in the coin you're mining, so you need a wallet for whichever of those two you want to mine on that pool.  Similarly, BSOD doesn't auto-exchange, so you need a wallet for whichever coin you want to mine on there too. However, they mine too many coins to mention here.  Just take a look at http://bsod.pw to see what they are currently mining.
Thank you will be trying it out right now. Which pool exchanges RavenCoin to bitcoin? Which exchange wallet works with bsod and alttank?
Do you have ravencoin, biblecoin, and bitcoinz options? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2dU29iUTY

Hash Auger has supported RavenCoin for a couple releases now. In 1.5, RavenCoin support is improved with the addition of the Nevermore-RavenCoin miner which is typically faster than CCMiner 2.2.5, plus the addition of two more pools (BSoD and AltTank) that support RavenCoin. All together, this latest release of Hash Auger includes support for at least five pools that mine RavenCoin, including one that will automatically exchange it to Bitcoin or Litecoin if you prefer. Version 1.5 also includes support for PigeonCoin, which is based on a similar algorithm as Raven.

Bitcoinz is based on Equihash, so it could be mined using Hash Auger if one of the supported pools mines it.  A brief search revealed minimal information about Biblecoin, so I don't expect that one to be widely supported anytime soon.  IIRC, you previously inquired about Doubloon. That coin is now supported by a couple of pools that Hash Auger uses.
Thank you. How can I get the new version of JayDee to work with your software? I'd like to see if it's more stable and works better, because right now planning to cpu mine when I am not on the computer(while gpu mine the whole time) and was getting $.72-$1.10 between two different algos on the same pool.

I tested out the new version of JayDDee miner and it seems a bit more stable on my i7.  Unfortunately, on my Ryzen 5 rig it was still a bit shaky. However, I included that updated version in Hash Auger 1.5 - this new version also includes support for Wavicoin, which is another thing you asked me about earlier. I also added to Hash Auger a CPU Type setting for CPU devices so that users can identify which version of JayDDee miner is most compatible with their hardware. Not selecting the correct type can cause stability issues and a decrease in performance, so be sure to update your device settings if you decide to try this release.
Activity: 6
Do you have ravencoin, biblecoin, and bitcoinz options? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2dU29iUTY
Thank you for the info.
Thank you. How can I get the new version of JayDee to work with your software? I'd like to see if it's more stable and works better, because right now planning to cpu mine when I am not on the computer(while gpu mine the whole time) and was getting $.72-$1.10 between two different algos on the same pool.

Sorry, but since I have not yet had the opportunity to try the new version of JayDDee, I have no way of knowing if it is compatible with the current version of Hash Auger. Sometimes the text output of the mining software changes between versions, which requires alterations to my code so that it can correctly parse the output. If my software cannot properly parse the miner output, the price switching and benchmarking will be inaccurate or might not even work at all. I strongly advise against trying to change the version of JayDDee or any other miner that Hash Auger uses.
Noticed a few things. CPU mining crashes when trying to mine bitcore(doesn't matter which pool), and it wouldn't even mine with the gpu. There is also some issues with blake2s and blake coin under ming stats 3-4 instances show up but do nothing and app technically freezes. It also did something weird for me under gpu at least with blake2s, blake was fine.  

Sometimes when a miner crashes, like it did for you with Bitcore, the mining stat panels that represent the crashed instances don't get cleared.  I'm hunting down the cause, but from the few times I have seen this issue occur, you can verify that the actual miner processes are no longer running in Task Manager and are no longer consuming any system resources, at least for the GPU miners.  The CPU miners, on the other hand, operate at lower level and much closer to the hardware, which can cause bigger stability issues when those miners crash.  That is why I am leaning towards removing CPU mining from the software.

Unfortunately, even for GPU mining, some of the algorithms are less stable than others and that is an issue with the mining software itself. My software doesn't do anything differently for Bitcore than it would for equihash/lyra2v2/ethash or any other algorithm. It just tells the miner which algorithm to run and which pool to connect to. As soon as the Tpruvot miner is updated, I will include the upgraded version in Hash Auger. In the meantime, if you've overclocked your GPUs you may want to lower the overclock for Bitcore because some algorithms are more sensitive to overclocking than others.  That is why I provided the ability to provide custom clock settings per algorithm and per device.  Otherwise, you may just want to disable Bitcore and any other algorithm that isn't stable on your rig.

As for CPU mining, I noticed that a new version of JayDDee CPU miner has been released.  I'm going try testing it on my own rigs after I release 1.5 to see if it is anymore stable than the current version. If it is, I may try one more release with CPU mining included. If not, 1.6 will probably be the release that I remove CPU mining from the software.
Noticed a few things. CPU mining crashes when trying to mine bitcore(doesn't matter which pool), and it wouldn't even mine with the gpu. There is also some issues with blake2s and blake coin under ming stats 3-4 instances show up but do nothing and app technically freezes. It also did something weird for me under gpu at least with blake2s, blake was fine. 
That's what I thought but on the same coin in two different pools I was at close to $1 and that can add up over a month(plus it's only using around 58% of cpu power vs NH, which was around 97% cpu usage, and felt like it).
Thank you. Does 1.4.2 still have cpu mining? I may just stick with whichever is the latest version for cpu mining as I've found a few coins and hopefully the stats are accurate($1.05), which I think might be.

I haven't removed CPU mining yet, so it is still in 1.4.2. FYI, 1.4.2 only addresses a single coin on HashRefinery, so if you're not using that pool, you don't have to worry about that version. Over a $1 seems too good to be true for a CPU coin, but I haven't looked closely at some of the lesser known coins out there.
Thank you. Does 1.4.2 still have cpu mining? I may just stick with whichever is the latest version for cpu mining as I've found a few coins and hopefully the stats are accurate($1.05), which I think might be.
Understandable, will you at some point bring it back?

If CPU mining starts becoming profitable again and the stability of the CPU miners improves, I may consider it. In the meantime, the focus of my development work will be on GPU mining.
Understandable, will you at some point bring it back?
Would Xmr-stack or xmrig be anymore stable to use?

Since Xmr-stak is focused just on Cryptonight, I am sure it is a bit more stable than the other CPU miners that support dozens of algorithms. But, I don't really see the point of offering only a single algorithm to mine on CPUs when the premise of my software is to switch algorithms.  I've spent quite a bit of effort trying to make CPU mining as frustration-free as possible, but I have to prioritize my development time so that it benefits the greatest number of users. Unfortunately, CPU mining threatens the quality of my software to a level that I find to be unacceptable, leaving me no choice but to remove that functionality.  Thanks again for all your feedback and trying out the software.
Would Xmr-stack or xmrig be anymore stable to use?
Thank you for the reply. That is my plan, using NH for GPU and HA for cpu. Right now re-benching to see if there will be an update when mining cpu. Do you think you can also add xmrig and xmr-stack for cpu mining as I've heard positive things about their stability. Okay as I was typing this while benching hashauger crashed on me. Not sure what it was benching as I am on my Surface typing this.

As I mentioned earlier, both CPU Miners have stability issues, so it doesn't surprise me that one would fail during benchmarking.  Without having a copy of your log files, I cannot know anything more specific than that.  I would recommend that you consider finding some other program to do CPU mining with. Partly based on your feedback, I will probably be disabling CPU mining in my software in an upcoming release until the miners become a bit more stable.
Pages:
Jump to: