Pages:
Author

Topic: HashEngineering - Android Wallet Creation Service - page 2. (Read 35885 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Independent Cryptoveloper
Quote from: HashEngineering on 24 January 2016, 10:49:20
The android app has been updated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.unobtanium.wallet
https://github.com/HashEngineering/unobtanium-wallet/releases/tag/v4.14

Fixes include:
Changed to Cryptopia as the default exchange to get the current price in BTC.  Bittrix is the backup exchange.
Bloom Filters On
Fixing some bugs, including one that prevented the app from receiving notifications on sent and received transactions.
Updated Checkpoints - allows new users to more quickly sync.  Also if doing a blockchain reset.

My UNO address (donations): ugTV93Tt3gvH1imQppB5kyHqGRC7DeQhNh

Finally fixed my phone and i see that UNO wallet (android) reconnects automatically even after i disconnect manually multiple times.

is it a known issue or possibly hardware?

This is a known issue.  This wallet is based on Bitcoin Wallet and the Bitcoin Wallet developers removed the "Disconnect" feature because it never worked properly all the time.

What the wallet will do is keep track of how often it is used.  If it is not used often, then it will less often start itself and sync the blockchain. 

There are no plans to fix it as there is no known solution to the issue.  For the Dash Wallet, I removed disconnect, then received many complaints.  So I added it back in.  Its possible that other developers who do these apps know what to do.  I will check with the Dogecoin developer.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
Quote from: HashEngineering on 24 January 2016, 10:49:20
The android app has been updated.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.unobtanium.wallet
https://github.com/HashEngineering/unobtanium-wallet/releases/tag/v4.14

Fixes include:
Changed to Cryptopia as the default exchange to get the current price in BTC.  Bittrix is the backup exchange.
Bloom Filters On
Fixing some bugs, including one that prevented the app from receiving notifications on sent and received transactions.
Updated Checkpoints - allows new users to more quickly sync.  Also if doing a blockchain reset.

My UNO address (donations): ugTV93Tt3gvH1imQppB5kyHqGRC7DeQhNh

Finally fixed my phone and i see that UNO wallet (android) reconnects automatically even after i disconnect manually multiple times.

is it a known issue or possibly hardware?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
The End Times are Upon Us

The Dobbscoin Android Wallet Bounty has grown to 2.00081709 BTC +50k "BOB".

There is a FUNDED 50k BOB Bounty for a DobbsCoin Android wallet here:
http://dobbscoin.info/smf/index.php?topic=43.0

Dobbscoin: The Official Crypto-Currency of The Church of the SubGenius -PraBob
The ONLY Crypto-Currency accepted on the Pleasure Saucers.

(Bob) Dobbscoin is a SubGenius Foundation approved cryptocurrency project, created in January 2014; a simple clone of bitcoin 0.8, about Slack, and having fun within it's subculture community while enlightening minds to the ideal of fiat alternatives and a lifeling battle against The Conspiracy to regain the Slack THEY stole away..

The Church of the SubGenius is a 30+ year global community with a rich subculture history of High Wierdness, and Dobbscoin is  our official settlement instrument.. We're not trying to be innovative & there is NOT a trademark issue to be concerned with, as it is the "Official Crypto-Currency of the Church of the SubGenius".

MAIN SITE HERE
SubGenius History HERE
Bitcointalk ANN HERE

In Slack we trust
Praise "Bob"
Activity: 159
Well done Cheesy

Best,
Gabe

Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Is the peercoin fork ready ?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
I've had trouble using the UNO wallet- tried sending some small amount and had no luck :-/ No connections and none received it looks like.

I will look into this.  On my phone, however, I get four connections.  What versions are you using.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I'm using 0.21-beta. Maybe I should send you the wallet?

Try updating to 0.22-beta.  The first version, which you may have, has an old list of nodes to connect to.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/unobtanium-wallet/releases/tag/v0.22-beta

This version is also on google play.

Update worked like a charm- showed the received amount and sent extremely smoothly. Cheers!
I've had trouble using the UNO wallet- tried sending some small amount and had no luck :-/ No connections and none received it looks like.

I will look into this.  On my phone, however, I get four connections.  What versions are you using.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I'm using 0.21-beta. Maybe I should send you the wallet?

Try updating to 0.22-beta.  The first version, which you may have, has an old list of nodes to connect to.

https://github.com/HashEngineering/unobtanium-wallet/releases/tag/v0.22-beta

This version is also on google play.
legendary
bigtimespaghetti.com

legendary
bigtimespaghetti.com
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Hello HashEngineering
The UNO wallet went down today. It's not connecting. Can you help bring it back?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Dash coin on my phone it is great  Grin thank you
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Fantastic work on the Digitalcoin Android wallet!

Now that there are some permanent full nodes in place, maybe it's time to add those nodes and release the latest version?

Thanks for your work HashEngineering!
Hi hash engineering 

I was wondering if there going to be a update to earthcoin and myriadcoin wallets?
I having problems with syncing them that i know of myriadcoin has had a fork as late.
If i get a trusted peer would that fix it  Huh

Trusted peer settings will work, if your problem is having No valid peers.

I am not the dev of the earthcoin Wallet, though my email is in the app for crash reports.

I plan to get the myriad app ready soon.
Activity: 217
CEO WINC e. V.
Hi everybody,

do someone know how the number of the blocks in the cache can be reduced easily? 2000 is too much for my coin because the Coinbase transactions of the parent chain are too many using up too much memory on older phones i already reduced the "DEFAULT_NUM_HEADERS" in SPVBlockStore but it still loads 2k Blocks in he heap space crashing older devices..

This is a good question.  The client has this in its code when another client requests headers (main.cpp, ProcessMessage):
Code:
else if (strCommand == "getheaders")
    {
        CBlockLocator locator;
        uint256 hashStop;
        vRecv >> locator >> hashStop;

Code:
        vector vHeaders;
        int nLimit = 2000;
        printf("getheaders %d to %s\n", (pindex ? pindex->nHeight : -1), hashStop.ToString().c_str());
        for (; pindex; pindex = pindex->pnext)
        {
            vHeaders.push_back(pindex->GetBlockHeader());
            if (--nLimit <= 0 || pindex->GetBlockHash() == hashStop)
                break;
        }
        pfrom->PushMessage("headers", vHeaders);

Based on this there is no way to ask another node for a specific amount of headers, it defaults to 2000.

I was afraid that this is answer but it helps a lot, thanks.
Hi everybody,

do someone know how the number of the blocks in the cache can be reduced easily? 2000 is too much for my coin because the Coinbase transactions of the parent chain are too many using up too much memory on older phones i already reduced the "DEFAULT_NUM_HEADERS" in SPVBlockStore but it still loads 2k Blocks in he heap space crashing older devices..

This is a good question.  The client has this in its code when another client requests headers (main.cpp, ProcessMessage):
Code:
else if (strCommand == "getheaders")
    {
        CBlockLocator locator;
        uint256 hashStop;
        vRecv >> locator >> hashStop;

Code:
        vector vHeaders;
        int nLimit = 2000;
        printf("getheaders %d to %s\n", (pindex ? pindex->nHeight : -1), hashStop.ToString().c_str());
        for (; pindex; pindex = pindex->pnext)
        {
            vHeaders.push_back(pindex->GetBlockHeader());
            if (--nLimit <= 0 || pindex->GetBlockHash() == hashStop)
                break;
        }
        pfrom->PushMessage("headers", vHeaders);

Based on this there is no way to ask another node for a specific amount of headers, it defaults to 2000.
Activity: 217
CEO WINC e. V.
Hi everybody,

So what Coin did you fork it for? I notice that electrum uses txindex=1 but not all Coins support that function (PayCon doesn't) so then would that need to be added to be able to use electrum servers? or is there a workaround?

The coin was Groestlcoin and the developers had a different project that got the electrum servers running.  I don't know anything about how to set up an electrum server or its requirements from the client.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
Hi HashEngineering!

I was wondering what options you have for android POS?

I don't do POS wallets.  One idea is too look at the Blackcoin Wallet, which is for android.  Not sure if it is still supported.

Have you looked at Coinami?

Yes, I forgot that I have actually forked that wallet for a different coin.  However, that one requires electrum servers.

So what Coin did you fork it for? I notice that electrum uses txindex=1 but not all Coins support that function (PayCon doesn't) so then would that need to be added to be able to use electrum servers? or is there a workaround?
Pages:
Jump to: