Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed - page 10. (Read 39584 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Quick question for you guys. I have 20 gridseeds running on controlla. would it be worth it to dual mine? also if it is worth it i have a spare seasonic 1050watt psu, would that be enough power?

Personally I don't think it's worth it.

I've tested it with 10 miners. 20 makes controla unresponsive in dual mode. I set the btc cores to 5 in system settings. It get's like 3.5 gh for sha and 300k for scrypt per miner. So for a 10 unit, 35ghs / 3mhs
HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON
Please see hashra.com/support to download version 1.4.0

Now called "HASHRA MINI CONTROLA" as we will have a version for BLADE and another for ATLANTIS.

"MINI" is what we are now calling the Gridseed "5 Chip Devices".
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Quick question for you guys. I have 20 gridseeds running on controlla. would it be worth it to dual mine? also if it is worth it i have a spare seasonic 1050watt psu, would that be enough power?
Hey Hashra

Any idea if/when you guys are gonna be working on individual clock speeds and/or auto-tuning as there is in the lightningasic controller?

Ditto.. this would be a huge benefit, esp for those of us that are running multiple units.  Right now I have to downclock to the weakest unit, I have 14 others that can run 50-100 Mhz faster, it's a huge disadvantage to using your product, but I really like the rest of it.  Another feature I'd like is in addition for each unit showing the shares/reject like it does now, is to show the HW errors for each unit, it would make it a lot easier to figure out which units are having issues when running so many of them.

And set a failover pool..or long shot add load balance between pools.
what is the algorithm for auto tuning? the slower the unit the lower the clock speed? measured by pool hashrate and hw errors?

if you really want to set different clock speed per miner, this also possible with CONTROLA btw, it's a hack, but it works. I don't know if it will have any effect in overall mining performance though.

PM me if you want to know how to do this.

failover is already available in version 1.4.0
Activity: 60
Hey Hashra

Any idea if/when you guys are gonna be working on individual clock speeds and/or auto-tuning as there is in the lightningasic controller?

Ditto.. this would be a huge benefit, esp for those of us that are running multiple units.  Right now I have to downclock to the weakest unit, I have 14 others that can run 50-100 Mhz faster, it's a huge disadvantage to using your product, but I really like the rest of it.  Another feature I'd like is in addition for each unit showing the shares/reject like it does now, is to show the HW errors for each unit, it would make it a lot easier to figure out which units are having issues when running so many of them.

And set a failover pool..or long shot add load balance between pools.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Hey Hashra

i know you said you have re-imaged multiple times, but have you used the same image file each time? Maybe thats the issue. Try re-downloading the file and go from there if you havnt already.

Spot on… Yes please try this out.

Regarding HUBs we suggest to use the most powerful you can get, the 20 port versions we have on our site for the Atlantis is one we get made to order here in Shenzhen… uses 90W power… I am sure there was a stability increase when we started using these.

I'm sure someone is selling these on ebay.

Could you link me to this exact hub by chance?  Thanks!

Yes sorry, that would help…

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Free-Shipping-20-Port-USB-Hub-2-0USB-High-Speed-Industrial-Grade-TF-Card-U/1657611461.html
Activity: 28
Can anyone successfully running 20 GRDS on a single Pi give me a full list of the hardware they are using from USB hubs to power supply and everything in between so I can keep troubleshooting this.  I have so far not discovered the reason for the random crashing.  Would be very helpful to know what is working for people.

Normal raspbian OS with all the dependencies to build cgminer.
Not sure which cgminer 3.7.2 it is, andareed or girhes. http://i.imgur.com/clzwtn2.jpg?1
USB hubs http://[Suspicious link removed]/Ify5L3
Lutro power plugs
Monoprice USB cables.

Thanks man I appreciate that, what are you using for power to the gridseed units?  What kind of SD Card with the RPi?
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Can anyone successfully running 20 GRDS on a single Pi give me a full list of the hardware they are using from USB hubs to power supply and everything in between so I can keep troubleshooting this.  I have so far not discovered the reason for the random crashing.  Would be very helpful to know what is working for people.

Normal raspbian OS with all the dependencies to build cgminer.
Not sure which cgminer 3.7.2 it is, andareed or girhes. http://i.imgur.com/clzwtn2.jpg?1
USB hubs http://goo.gl/Ify5L3
Lutro power plugs
Monoprice USB cables.
i know you said you have re-imaged multiple times, but have you used the same image file each time? Maybe thats the issue. Try re-downloading the file and go from there if you havnt already.

Regarding HUBs we suggest to use the most powerful you can get, the 20 port versions we have on our site for the Atlantis is one we get made to order here in Shenzhen… uses 90W power… I am sure there was a stability increase when we started using these.

Could you link me to this exact hub by chance?  Thanks!
On the next update could we get the ability to tune individual miners?

We made a decision not to go for this for now I'm afraid.

Activity: 7
On the next update could we get the ability to tune individual miners?
at the moment I am using a 8Gb KINSTON SD SD4/8GB CLASS4

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-kingston-sdhc-memory-card-class-4

which has been fine for weeks

the image is the  darkknight version (see above) written with the applePi-Baker then updated

What are you using for USB hubs and for a power supply?  I'd be interested to know all the components of a working system.  Do you run 20 Gridseeds on a single Pi?  Thanks!!

the image is the  darkknight version (see above) written with the applePi-Baker then updated

I wish I had purchased this now, but I bought Sandisk class 10 8gb cards.  Hopefully they will work.  Right now the machines are running off of the NOOB cards delivered with the Pi.
I want to clarify when I say the Pi is 'crashing'  I mean that the GUI locks up, mining stops and I get the message from the pictures above when trying to log into the Pi over the web GUI.  For all intents and purposes the Pi looks like it is still running but only a hard reboot will get me back in.  The things stop mining every like 6 hours at this point and I am baffled as to what could cause this.  Some of them also seem to stop mining at the exact same time and I cannot figure out why that would happen either.  They aren't linked to each other in any way.

maybe you have a problem with your electrical supply something that is putting an intermittent high draw on the power or adding noise to the line

Is it possible that the power draw to the Gridseed units changes depending on what coin they are mining?  I am using a multipool stratum (clevermining.com)  If certain faster or slower coins caused the power draw to change I could see this being a possibility. 
Activity: 50
I want to clarify when I say the Pi is 'crashing'  I mean that the GUI locks up, mining stops and I get the message from the pictures above when trying to log into the Pi over the web GUI.  For all intents and purposes the Pi looks like it is still running but only a hard reboot will get me back in.  The things stop mining every like 6 hours at this point and I am baffled as to what could cause this.  Some of them also seem to stop mining at the exact same time and I cannot figure out why that would happen either.  They aren't linked to each other in any way.

maybe you have a problem with your electrical supply something that is putting an intermittent high draw on the power or adding noise to the line
Activity: 50

Pages:
Jump to: