Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA CONTROLA on Raspberry Pi for Gridseed - page 13. (Read 39597 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
\i don't really want to bother with the importing of the gridseed blade from hashra as after vat and import tax I would be worse of if I got one it would be from minereu.com

My point is can you get the hashra controla for the blade in a download anywhere

Not sure that's true....  Wink

But yes, we'll have the new HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA free to download on our site. Smiley

In the UK $1500 imported would be plus 2.1% import tax plus 20% VAT which could be around $1840 unless you were very lucky and it got  through customs without anybody tagging it

Can't see the script only version of the CONTROLA on the hashra site
Activity: 28
Does anyone know what the default SSH login for the Hashra Controlla image is? I've tried hashra@'ipaddress' PW hashra and no go...Also how do you set the miner to reboot after a set amount of time and/or reboot in case of crashing...?  Thanks!

I actually figured out how to set the restart timing its just in the settings on the GUI.  Weird though when I click save the n number of hours i set to restart in defaults back to zero?  Has it logged the number I entered or is it not functioning properly?
Activity: 28
Does anyone know what the default SSH login for the Hashra Controlla image is? I've tried hashra@'ipaddress' PW hashra and no go...Also how do you set the miner to reboot after a set amount of time and/or reboot in case of crashing...?  Thanks!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON
\i don't really want to bother with the importing of the gridseed blade from hashra as after vat and import tax I would be worse of if I got one it would be from minereu.com

My point is can you get the hashra controla for the blade in a download anywhere

Not sure that's true....  Wink

But yes, we'll have the new HASHRA BLADE CONTROLA free to download on our site. Smiley

Will the Hashra Controla work with the gridseed 80 chip blade mixed in with the 5 chiip gridseeds or does it need a special version of the program?
yes, but you need to use the blade version of controla, which has scrypt mode disabled

Dont you mean SHA256 mode disabled?

Sorry, yes, that's what I meant Smiley
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Will the Hashra Controla work with the gridseed 80 chip blade mixed in with the 5 chiip gridseeds or does it need a special version of the program?
yes, but you need to use the blade version of controla, which has scrypt mode disabled

Dont you mean SHA256 mode disabled?
Two questions:

1. In v1.3.3 what's the login/pass for getting into the Pi with SSH?  

2. The official open source project page is listed on GitHub, but the update.php script pulls the following bitbucket project when checking for updates: https://bitbucket.org/api/1.0/repositories/purplefox/hashra-public-firmware; which one is canonical?

I really want to get a mod working that supports separate frequencies per GS along with auto-determination of the most productive clock frequency for each GS.  I was going to try LightningAsic until I bricked my Wiibox trying to flash the latest version.  I prefer to work with the Pi since it's much more extensible and accessible.

Both repos are identical.
setting individual clockspeeds for the miners requires rework on BFGMiner. Since this is used for scrypt mining. I don't think this build of BFGMiner supports it.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Using their image to run 20 seeds on a rpi - running for a week straight now.
Btw,

Did anybody notice hashra has released the Gridseed blades for 1500 bucks?
http://hashra.com/gridseedblade/
In my case, it depends in which pool is mining:

-Wafflepool: Very stable
-Hashcows: After a few hours stops hashing
-Poolwarz: Same as Hashcows
-WemineLTC: Very stable

Could it be related to the fact that in both with stability issues you can mine and keep different coins?

I have no Idea. I only tried with
Wafflepool, (stable)
Clevermining, (stable but loads of rejects and HW errors (but this is supposed to be normal for clevermining according to the support forum)
Ghash (super stable, this is my testing pool)

I even tried dual (with 10 miners, 20 will crash)
sha cores set to 5 cores
stable for days.
Got 3mhs Scrypt and 35 Ghs BTC

Activity: 10
In my case, it depends in which pool is mining:

-Wafflepool: Very stable
-Hashcows: After a few hours stops hashing
-Poolwarz: Same as Hashcows
-WemineLTC: Very stable

Could it be related to the fact that in both with stability issues you can mine and keep different coins?
Just wanted to chime in and say I have 4 pi's running the Controla with different combos (63 total) and have had essentially zero issues... (have reboots set to 6hrs on all of them).

thumbs up!

Happy to hear Smiley I didn't understand why people are having stability issues with it. Mine has been running unattended for a week now. max hashrate.

The next version will have failover support.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Just wanted to chime in and say I have 4 pi's running the Controla with different combos (63 total) and have had essentially zero issues... (have reboots set to 6hrs on all of them).

thumbs up!
Activity: 34
Two questions:

1. In v1.3.3 what's the login/pass for getting into the Pi with SSH?   

2. The official open source project page is listed on GitHub, but the update.php script pulls the following bitbucket project when checking for updates: https://bitbucket.org/api/1.0/repositories/purplefox/hashra-public-firmware; which one is canonical?

I really want to get a mod working that supports separate frequencies per GS along with auto-determination of the most productive clock frequency for each GS.  I was going to try LightningAsic until I bricked my Wiibox trying to flash the latest version.  I prefer to work with the Pi since it's much more extensible and accessible.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Dos días antes de pasado mañana
This software is compatible with a wifi module? My router is in a difficult place to connect the ethernet cable...
Thanks
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
I still don't get why you guys are running your miners on Rpi's, that shit is so unstable, mine would crash with just 10 miners connected.
For $20 shipped you could buy yourself a Tp-link 703N and install Lightningasic firmware, and run 50+ miners on it (or 100+ if you have modded the RAM to 64MB).

Please just keep in mind that it might brick on flash.. (as happend to mine).

It is possible to solder a serial -> usb connection onto the controller, but it requires some soldering skills.

Im running hashra 1.3.3 and its been rock solid since i set it up.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I still don't get why you guys are running your miners on Rpi's, that shit is so unstable, mine would crash with just 10 miners connected.
For $20 shipped you could buy yourself a Tp-link 703N and install Lightningasic firmware, and run 50+ miners on it (or 100+ if you have modded the RAM to 64MB).

Where do you get lightning asic firmware?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lightningasic-gridseed-controller-firmware-v3-554542
Pages:
Jump to: