Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] Crypto Financial (CFIG) Official Thread - page 10. (Read 68624 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Havelock Investments is a separate entity from CFIG.

Many regulatory and exchange structures have changed dramatically during the past few months and CFIG has had to adapt the way they will work with exchanges and customers.

We expect information to be made public in the next few days.

Havelock Investments
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
The Panam Fund is beyond reproach, a financial firm with a long history of success and not a shelf co. at all.

http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/610201
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
...Is Havelock holding any of the IPO funds like they have with either start-ups?...

No.  That policy was put in place more recently, when major issuers started running away.
Happy investing.
Activity: 615
Merit: 554
this is seeming more and more like a scam

we have been led along long enough, always giving some excuse for another x weeks

you have 0 online presence, no company website, which btw you had said you hired someone to make, did that fall through? person would have to be ridiculously incompetent to take that long to make a parallax website.

While I agree, given the IPO was last August we have very little to show for it in May 2014. I am not sure there is anything the small number of investors can do here either. It would be a nice assurance statement from Havelock if they could post here in parallel with CFIG on what is going on. Regardless, the market will only wait so long for these guys and then it will be obvious it is another scam Havelock brought to investors or they are the real deal.

Is Havelock holding any of the IPO funds like they have with either start-ups? What has been done to protect investors here if this turns out to be a failed business model or another outright scam? These questions are natural after such a long time with nothing tangible to show. The louder the drum beat here is for answers the faster everyone involved with have some peace of mind, something no one else here seems to be able to offer us.
Activity: 392
this is seeming more and more like a scam

we have been led along long enough, always giving some excuse for another x weeks

you have 0 online presence, no company website, which btw you had said you hired someone to make, did that fall through? person would have to be ridiculously incompetent to take that long to make a parallax website.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
... as with anything else, patience is a virtue.
Why even announce it? If "it is not ready"
Forget about asking for money, these guys claim they have a "Bank in Panama" and they are asking for money?
Something clearly isn't right here, and they still haven't linked to their Linkedin pages so we can see "who we are dealing with" and "what experience they have"
So funny how all these people pop up out of the woodwork with these "great ideas" as soon as they see Bitcoin as a money maker Smiley
Sorry guys "You Missed The Boat" better luck next time. (Dreamers)
Activity: 254
is there any website or beta version of CFIG ?
Activity: 173
Hey guys,

Unless I get a go ahead from Crypto Financial, I can't discuss much about the late alpha / early beta that I did see a couple of months ago.

So there are some things that I can safely say (without violating the NDA). Their platform is really there and I get what they are trying to do. I really like what they are trying to do and it does solve a major problem that many exchanges face. Given that they are taking the added step for transparency, it would be a nice platform.

These guys have done more than I think many others have done so ... as with anything else, patience is a virtue.

MD
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
We apologize for the delay. We blame our Lawyers!
Oh, you tease, you!  Wink
Roger that thanks for the heads up Smiley
Activity: 362
Oh, you tease, you!
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
We apologize for the delay. We blame our Lawyers!

We are gearing up to release our Site, our Platform and our new terms for working with exchanges and the requirements they need to meet in order to work with us. As many of you are aware the landscape for Exchanges has changed over the past few months. We on behalf of our customers agree that Exchanges should act only as Software providers and provide the best Exchange Software which provides transparency to all to see.

We hope to have further updates as soon as we have more information that is available to be released.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Stay tuned for exciting news next week.

Anticlimactic :/

Stay tuned for the next episode of I forgot to log in for the last two weeks and going Smiley
Activity: 362
Stay tuned for exciting news next week.

Anticlimactic :/
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Given investor sentiment, I highly doubt Crypto Financial would announce much anticipated positive news for this week, and then fail to keep their word. Expect something from them by the weekend.

Yeah, i was thinking exactly that.
@StandardCyrpto

CFIG did not have any interest in NEOBEE.

Havelock Investments - The Panama Fund is a separate entity from CFIG. Havelock Investments does not have any interest in CFIG.

After talking to Havelock Investments they also do not have any interest in NEOBEE.

As many of you may remember NEOBEE was listed on Havelock prior to the acquisition of The Panama Fund of Havelock Investments. Neo was listed across multiple exchanges.

I will not comment here directly as it is not my place to speak on behalf of Havelock Investments about the NEOBEE Fund.

We are working hard to release our fiat platform for the crypto economy. Stay tuned for exciting news next week.

Take care,

CFIG

waiting...  Roll Eyes

Given investor sentiment, I highly doubt Crypto Financial would announce much anticipated positive news for this week, and then fail to keep their word. Expect something from them by the weekend.

Activity: 7
@StandardCyrpto

Havelock Investments - The Panama Fund is a separate entity from CFIG. Havelock Investments does not have any interest in CFIG.

After talking to Havelock Investments they also do not have any interest in NEOBEE.

As many of you may remember NEOBEE was listed on Havelock prior to the acquisition of The Panama Fund of Havelock Investments. Neo was listed across multiple exchanges.

I will not comment here directly as it is not my place to speak on behalf of Havelock Investments about the NEOBEE Fund.

We are working hard to release our fiat platform for the crypto economy. Stay tuned for exciting news next week.

Take care,

CFIG

waiting...  Roll Eyes
@StandardCyrpto

Take care,

CFIG

Activity: 20
There is a lot of anxiety because of what happened with neo and bee.

This is relevant to the cfig thread because my understanding is that cfig owns, or at least has an owning interest in, havelock. If CFIG is banking their future that they are the "good guys" for the next wave of exchange (proof of reserves, no frac, etc) the reputational question is that much amplified.

I think if havelock/cfig could issue a statement concerning how neo and bee is being handled it could potentially calm a lot of nerves.

Havelock has a fiduciary duty to perform due diligence on its investable companies, and so far I would say they have done a decent job at least compared to the competition (though that's not a very high bar). But I think it's fair to say that Havelock dropped the ball in the case of Neo and Bee. At least a lot of investors are going to see it that way.

A shareholder class action law suit from Neo investors seems almost a given to me at this point. Even if it's not justified, it will happen. The question is, will it happen and quickly get quashed at an early stage, or is this going to fester for years?

I don't expect CFIG to speak at length to the question of a potential neo lawsuit. Too messy and too many variables.

Some terse words might however might help clear the air.

Points to touch on.

-- What is the relationship between cfig and havelock, and what are the respective ownership stories?
-- Does CFIG and/or havelock have an ownership position in Neo Bee, and how much is this?
-- If Neo and Bee goes bankrupt, is this going to be reflected as a material capital loss for either entity in the next reporting period?
-- Does Havelock hold any bitcoin from the Neo investors, or was all the bitcoin released to Neo already?
-- Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for salvaging Neo as an ongoing concern, possibly with Havelock / Panama fund owning a significant chunk?
-- Is the Neo debacle going to prompt any changes to how Havelock handles due diligence for investors?

I was also skeptical of Neo from the start, including on my blog, where I dialoged inconclusively with Danny Brewster about a business plan that seemed to require the price of bitcoin to continue its rise forever, despite a lot of hand waving about how a price decline could be hedged:

http://blog.standardcrypto.com/2013/09/18/neobee-cyprus-bitcoin-bank-is-stealth-bitcoin-etf/

I'm long CFIG and I'm not selling -- though I think this message might wake some bears.

I think CFIG could be the "anti MtGox" in 2015. We need a federated model for bitcoin -- many exchanges, cooperating, not one exchange with a target on its head. We need audited proof of reserves, not just for crypto but for fiat. CFIG could be all this and more, and I blogged about this as well:

http://blog.standardcrypto.com/2013/08/23/could-panamanian-cfig-grow-bigger-than-mtgox-thats-the-asicminer-sized-question-thoughts-on-cfig-ipo/

Bears will be bears, we could see a price drop for a while. I invested what I could lose, and if Havelock and CFIG goes poof, I will lick my wounds and go on with my life.

But if CFIG / Havelock / Panama Fund need to communicate honestly about what happened with Neo and Bee, the core investors will feel a lot more patient about giving CFIG the time they need to get the exchange model done right.

So, I hope CFIG can spend a little time now to save a lot of time in the future, and keep its treasury stock valued at a comfortable level while the exchange is in limbo.

Be honest, and say something about how Neo and Bee affect the picture at CFIG.

Then get back to building the exchange platform the bitcoin world needs, and take the time to do it right.

We are a Financial Services company that provides Fiat Bank accounts to the Crypto Currency ("Property"?) economy.

We can't offer our services to anyone until we are satisfied with the level of transparency and security that we require for crypto currency exchanges to be approved for an account with us. We are as frustrated at the situation as you are. We are currently working with several exchanges to meet these requirements. Many issues have changed in regards to our requirements in the past few months.

We do not believe in providing updates when they aren't any to be made. Our financial services platform is ready to go and has been since February, 2014. We do not want to be in the position to begin to open Beta accounts and start to collect personal information from our customers as many companies have done in the past when we cannot provide them with an exchange that we would trust enough to trade our self on.

We are however pleased to announce that major changes are coming to the exchanges that we will work with. Exchanges that work with us will act solely as software providers, digital escrow between Fiat and Crypto. All balance sheets will be public and update automatically to reflect Fiat and Crypto holdings. No Exchange should ever be insolvent, it should never actually touch Fiat or Crypto but only act as a temporary escrow.

Please feel free as always to call us or email us at any time.

Thank you,

CFIG

Is there any way that you would be able to tell us which exchanges you're working with?

Crypto Financial:

With yet another Bitcoin security in chaos and seemingly broke in Neo & Bee, now is the time to show some tangible progress revolving around the above question. Your shareholders have been waiting patiently to see this from your side while we sit through a host of other crypto-scams that are devastating investors lives.

Pages:
Jump to: