Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] Dealcoin Official Thread - page 2. (Read 14577 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
November 02, 2013, 08:40:44 PM
SeedCoin and DealCoin are run by the same person, it is clearly visible on his LinkedIn profile.

In my experience, these startups will all take much longer than expected.  With the uncertainty surrounding much regulation of the Bitcoin ecosystem, there is less of a rush.  Expect to see more movement 1q 2014.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
November 02, 2013, 06:52:47 PM
I wouldn't say painfully slow... anyone who has been involved in a real life/world start-up understands the growing pains associated with what Dealcoin is attempting to accomplish.  It is much better to slowly implement a working system than to immediately implement something full of bugs.

Like any BTC investment, Dealco.in is not risk free by any means.  The bottom line though, is that the mining game is oversatured (at the very least).  As more individuals would like to obtain Bitcoin (especially those without bank accounts), in person exchanges will become increasingly important. 
I have been involved with IT startups - the last two places I worked at have been startups, and for the most recent one, I was hired before it even had an office. Presumably, most issues would have been flushed out during the architecture rollout (if not earlier in the design planning), then internally identified and QA'd well before the public announcement and request for beta testers. That's how we did things at my startups, anyway.

I was one of the first to sign up at dealco.in, and I have to say that although there have been minor improvements to the interface since I first saw it, this is not as complicated a system as you seem to believe it to be. It's pretty straightforward. It just seems that there's not a lot going on right now. The amount raised during the IPO was small enough that I thought this to be a "we're ready to go, just raising some token cash to let people have a stake in it for word-of-mouth-marketing reasons" project, especially since they appear to be prefunded from Seedcoin. I understand the need for a short beta to find any unexpected items, but this really does seem to just be kinda dragging along at the moment. Perhaps the beta was premature?
November 02, 2013, 06:26:49 PM
I wouldn't say painfully slow... anyone who has been involved in a real life/world start-up understands the growing pains associated with what Dealcoin is attempting to accomplish.  It is much better to slowly implement a working system than to immediately implement something full of bugs.

Like any BTC investment, Dealco.in is not risk free by any means.  The bottom line though, is that the mining game is oversatured (at the very least).  As more individuals would like to obtain Bitcoin (especially those without bank accounts), in person exchanges will become increasingly important. 
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
November 02, 2013, 05:31:19 PM
this is going painfully slow... any hard dates for going live yet?
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
November 02, 2013, 04:02:35 PM
Any news on progress, success, adoption, beta test, first dividends etc?
Thanks

Well the first beta test phase took place (I participated in it), and the site looks good although there are still a few details to polish. They said there would be a second beta too.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 02, 2013, 11:20:21 AM
Any news on progress, success, adoption, beta test, first dividends etc?
Thanks
Activity: 109
September 29, 2013, 08:40:42 PM
Where can we look for updates on progress and status of the private beta testing? Do we have a date that dealco.in will open to public and real trading starts?

Hi Bitrich, the private beta is going well. We have had 92 people registered for the tests already. Tests are going well so far.
I will be sending a newsletter at the end of September with more info.

Thank you, I registered and completed some tests also, the site seems to work well. Didn't notice any glitches in my experience. I look forward to the newsletter update.
Activity: 48
September 26, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
Where can we look for updates on progress and status of the private beta testing? Do we have a date that dealco.in will open to public and real trading starts?

Hi Bitrich, the private beta is going well. We have had 92 people registered for the tests already. Tests are going well so far.
I will be sending a newsletter at the end of September with more info.
Activity: 109
September 26, 2013, 10:54:49 AM
September 14, 2013, 11:59:49 AM
Upcoming Host Upgrade

Great news: In preparation for our upcoming private beta test sprint run starting next week, we are moving DealCoin to a better, faster server!
In order to complete this transfer, we will be freezing our databases on Sunday, September 15th at 11:00 AM UTC.
The transfer will occur on September 15th between 12:00 - 16:00 UTC. We do apologize in advance for the downtime involved.
We have made every effort to minimize the impact but we are anticipating our site being offline for approximately one hour.
We expect normal service to resume on September 15th at 16:00 UTC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 07, 2013, 12:21:13 PM
Hello trepex, we did run a server upgrade on Sept 5th. The site is currently online. If you experience any issues connecting please contact our support at support[at]dealco[dot]in

Regarding the re-design, we are running a contest where designers may win 2 BTC. I contacted Rawted, who offered to help, via PM to inform him of this opportunity.

Everything is working fine again.
I think I would not have been worried so much if your webserver would have been down  Wink  but when I saw the nameservers being
unreachable, I had been worried what is going on. This and the share price drop made me wondering what happened.

Ralf
September 07, 2013, 09:52:30 AM
     HE.net offers free entrprise grade DNS. Why not use it? What kind of a host allows 3 of its nameservers to all be down at the same time - Dreamhost....

There's tons of -free- providers out there for DNS that are 100% better than dreamhost. At least they never have a 100% failure.     

Thanks for the info joesmoe2012
September 07, 2013, 09:01:29 AM
    Shouldn't be using dreamhost. It's inherently insecure. For a project such as this (with the funding they now have) a dedicated or collocated server would be a muc better option. Dreamhost cost $10/year.     

Hi joesmoe2012, we only use the DH DNS. Not their shared hosting... For info, we're running a VPS.
September 07, 2013, 08:57:37 AM
Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @a1.in.afilias-nst.in. dealco.in. NS   (output filtered)
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns2.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns1.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns3.dreamhost.com.

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

All nameserves for dealco.in are unreachable!

Just as I type this, the ns2 starts to respond again.

Hi Trepex, service is normal now and you should not have problems connecting. Thanks for the feedback.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 07, 2013, 08:44:18 AM
     HE.net offers free entrprise grade DNS. Why not use it? What kind of a host allows 3 of its nameservers to all be down at the same time - Dreamhost....

There's tons of -free- providers out there for DNS that are 100% better than dreamhost. At least they never have a 100% failure.     
September 07, 2013, 08:42:34 AM
Looks like they have technical problems with their domain "dealco.in" and/or webserver.

Someone offered them help for re-design of the webpage Maybe they need also technical help  Huh in running one.

Hello trepex, we did run a server upgrade on Sept 5th. The site is currently online. If you experience any issues connecting please contact our support at support[at]dealco[dot]in

Regarding the re-design, we are running a contest where designers may win 2 BTC. I contacted Rawted, who offered to help, via PM to inform him of this opportunity.
September 07, 2013, 07:59:04 AM
   Shouldn't be using dreamhost. It's inherently insecure. For a project such as this (with the funding they now have) a dedicated or collocated server would be a muc better option. Dreamhost cost $10/year.    

I did not say that they use Dreamhost as Webserver - I don't know what they use.
I only said that they use nameservers operated by Dreamhost.

Of course, when all your nameservers are down, your whole service will be down (besides for people having the IP in
their cache or type it manually).

But of course, you should never operate (let operate) all your nameservers by the same company or via the same infrastructure.

Ralf
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
September 07, 2013, 04:31:03 AM
September 07, 2013, 03:36:59 AM
Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @a1.in.afilias-nst.in. dealco.in. NS   (output filtered)
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns2.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns1.dreamhost.com.
dealco.in.      86400   IN   NS   ns3.dreamhost.com.

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns2.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns1.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

Macintosh-7:~ trepex$ dig @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; <<>> DiG 9.7.6-P1 <<>> @ns3.dreamhost.com. dealco.in NS
; (1 server found)

All nameserves for dealco.in are unreachable!

Just as I type this, the ns2 starts to respond again.
Pages:
Jump to: