Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] SCRYPT 4 GH/s hosted scrypt mining project by CRYPTX - page 18. (Read 63945 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
People are saying the LTC/BTC ratio will make a run upwards sometime soon, possibly in next 3 weeks. Then the dividend will sky rocket too. Any takers on this?

AS i mention before i am no techy.

That's possible, but it can go the other way.

We are just stuck here and we cannot do anything else than wait. I regret my YES vote for the reinvest, we should have distributed the reinvest fund as dividends to limit the loss, now we are stuck with miners which will turn unprofitable if the LTC plunge isn't stopping.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
People are saying the LTC/BTC ratio will make a run upwards sometime soon, possibly in next 3 weeks. Then the dividend will sky rocket too. Any takers on this?

AS i mention before i am no techy.
SO with any luck the LTC/BTC ratio needs to shoot up, and then the project will be good?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
NotLambchop is correct. The only ones making any profits are the chip manufactures. All these mining companies will be lucky if they cover their initial investment. The hash rate is simply going up too quickly.

The only mines that might make a small profit will be the ones in the places with the cheapest electricity. Washington State has rates as low as $0.02 a kwh. I believe BTC mines will move to those areas until ultimately they end up actually driving up the power rates in those areas. Mine operators will also need to be very efficient for their share-holders to make any profit.

The price graph for LTC is basically showing that its demand has fallen relative to BTC. Every week LTC is dropping. This means lower and lower dividends until ultimately only the hosting fee is covered.
Agree with everything in this post except the chip manufacturers part.  If you think cryptx and crew haven't made a killing on their scryptx and sha based projects with these hosting fee's your out of your right mind.

As for litecoin, imho unless something innovative coming out of the litecoin dev camp relatively soon I fear this downward price trend will continue.  Makes virtually 0 sense to ever mine LTC at this point given profitability ratios.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
^I'm IPO Magic, a friend of the guy who told you to GTFO of Active Mining when it was still trading above IPO.
Now that I answered your question, how about answering mine?
...or were you just bluffing?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Lol, OK.  I'm sure you also sold your coins @$1200 and bought back @flash_crash.
Tell me which buy orders are yours, so when the price continues to tank, you too can receive my thoughtful condolences gif Smiley

*Are you the 333/333/333 guy ~0.01990242?  'Cos that's the only buy worth mentioning. 

It's very hard and I even call it luck to sell and buy on the very top and very low price but between the two there's a good range for profit, I'm pretty sure you're well aware of that...

You forgot to tell me which buy orders are yours. 
BTW, aren't you still "invested" in my other favorite, Active Mining?  Your second most profitable investment?

I didn't forgot anything... And who tha fuck are you?!
Activity: 138
Lol, OK.  I'm sure you also sold your coins @$1200 and bought back @flash_crash.
Tell me which buy orders are yours, so when the price continues to tank, you too can receive my thoughtful condolences gif Smiley

*Are you the 333/333/333 guy ~0.01990242?  'Cos that's the only buy worth mentioning. 

It's very hard and I even call it luck to sell and buy on the very top and very low price but between the two there's a good range for profit, I'm pretty sure you're well aware of that...

You forgot to tell me which buy orders are yours. 
BTW, aren't you still "invested" in my other favorite, Active Mining?  Your second most profitable investment?
legendary
Ok, for the people who think litecoin is doomed, here's some historical data, it has been "doomed" a few times, compare it with BTC/USD there seems to be a correlation.

LTC/BTC

BTC/USD

But this doesn't matter, at least for this discussion, SCRYPT-X should be mining whatever coin is most profitable, distributing hashrate amongst a few multipools seems a good idea to me.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I thought the asic chip drove difficulty up so high on btc that the price had to rise due to cost of producing?

That's a misconception, and it's more likely the opposite is true. If the Bitcoin price was 1/10th as much as it is right now, chances are we wouldn't see network growth nearly as rapid due to associated energy costs. A higher BTC/Fiat value gives miners a greater incentive to do what they do. Manufacturers don't care what the network difficulty or BTC/Fiat price is so long as they can meet demand.

As far as Litecoin goes, there are two major drawbacks to how it's viewed, which tie into one another:
1) It's primarily an arbitrage medium. Many Scrypt miners convert whatever they've made back into Bitcoin. For decent sized farms like ScryptX that sell everything they make back into BTC, that may contribute to a declining altcoin value.
2) Litecoin isn't nearly as widely accepted as Bitcoin. Until Litecoin can be used in everyday transactions, or at least garner some positive media attention, the exchange rate will continue to fluctuate to what's largely a niche crowd.
legendary

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

legendary
Lol, way ahead of you, see edit above Smiley
Lemmy get this straight tho--you're doubling down on *TWO* of the worst preforming securities on HavelocK?

Horrible American song:

You've gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run

Perhaps you misunderstood me, I have buy orders that need to be filled...

And, at least for me, PETA is the best performing security on Havelock. Smiley
I thought the asic chip drove difficulty up so high on btc that the price had to rise due to cost of producing? You will hv to forgive me I am no techy, but now feel if i wanted to lose this kind of money, i should hv spent 2k per week on a software and hardware engineer to run my own btc/scrypt mine. FFFFing bollox hind sight, just wanted an easy return, Sad

come on scrypt x prove yo mofo self or give me my share price.
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
Time will tell. We can't really sell our shares in such a tiny market, so we are stuck here.

+1
stuck. but dividends are not bad Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Time will tell. We can't really sell our shares in such a tiny market, so we are stuck here.

Actually I see the reinforced Hashrate of the network as something positive, but the market seems to see otherwise.
i thought scrypt asics were suppossed to drive prices higher in long run?

Why?  Being ASIC-resistant is what made scrypt coins attractive in the first place.
Activity: 154
NotLambchop is correct. The only ones making any profits are the chip manufactures. All these mining companies will be lucky if they cover their initial investment. The hash rate is simply going up too quickly.

The only mines that might make a small profit will be the ones in the places with the cheapest electricity. Washington State has rates as low as $0.02 a kwh. I believe BTC mines will move to those areas until ultimately they end up actually driving up the power rates in those areas. Mine operators will also need to be very efficient for their share-holders to make any profit.

The price graph for LTC is basically showing that its demand has fallen relative to BTC. Every week LTC is dropping. This means lower and lower dividends until ultimately only the hosting fee is covered.
i thought scrypt asics were suppossed to drive prices higher in long run?
Lol, way ahead of you, see edit above Smiley
Lemmy get this straight tho--you're doubling down on *TWO* of the worst preforming securities on HavelocK?

Horrible American song:

You've gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
legendary
Just edited the post.

You forgot BTC/USD chart...

And can you go back to PETA's topic I have some orders that need to be filled...
Pages:
Jump to: