Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 10. (Read 69831 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Hello Sir,
I did invest to pow/pos coin, let say 2 months ago, and Ive been read all your journal again and again since a month ago. But seems I cant find new coin like HBN. I did buy 0.1 each for YC WC YIN etc but all of them have many problem, not really big problem but I cant see any coin as stabil as HBN. I wish I can buy HBN but price to high now.

My guess right now is I should invest POW/POS no IPO with no PREMINE, or atleast premine as low as possible.

My question is :
How can you be sure to choose HBN for your investment ?
If you are me now and have 1 BTC, which coin will you invest ?

Thank you...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
I am running off a Pi.

Sweet. I'd like to try that approach as well.

Could you give me a pointer on how to set up HoboNickels to run off a Raspberry Pi?

Enjoy!
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/8233-pihobonickels/
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
I am running off a Pi.

Sweet. I'd like to try that approach as well.

Could you give me a pointer on how to set up HoboNickels to run off a Raspberry Pi?

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
The high interest rate is quite fun. Once in a while I start my wallet and watch the mining notification keep coming up.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254

That is kind of sweet Smiley

Hey Unick while I got your attention. I put some changes on my github for the Mac. would you mind to give them a test compile and PM any problems. I tried to fix the doc issue and the button issue on the overview page.

will do this weekend
Activity: 182
Ok we cracked a quarter per hobonickel, now $5 per hbn please  Grin
legendary

Hey Unick while I got your attention. I put some changes on my github for the Mac. would you mind to give them a test compile and PM any problems. I tried to fix the doc issue and the button issue on the overview page.

In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

Shocked for real? what is the threshold?

Assuming I am reading the code correctly, and assuming it is not bugged. The wallet will try to combine any stake input that is less then 1.6. So if you have a .25 that is up for stake, it may try to combine it with another stake of .25 or smaller, just so long as the total is under the threshold.

Now I have not seen this happen on my wallet, and I haven't put this through serious test, so it might need a bit of work. But from what I gather that is how it should work..

legendary

In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

Assuming I am reading the code correctly, and assuming it is not bugged. The wallet will try to combine any stake input that is less then 1.6. So if you have a .25 that is up for stake, it may try to combine it with another stake of .25 or smaller, just so long as the total is under the threshold.

Now I have not seen this happen on my wallet, and I haven't put this through serious test, so it might need a bit of work. But from what I gather that is how it should work..
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
anyone knowing another investment journal on this forum (want to get more info about what coins are out there and what they might be worth soon). btw tokyoghetto i would like to know what you think of the actual asiacoin,? seems to be a good investment long-term (as there is no cap on the coin age you can get, so  i plan on set-and-forget a trade on this for like 3-4 months)
I love these prices

Another 85 cents to go  Grin

Nice and steady raise, who doesn't love that ?

And 75 cents to go Grin

EDIT: broke the 1M$ market cap   Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Yeah, if the wallet is auto-combining that is definitely news to me. I was leaving it be but then everyone keeps claiming that combining into bigger chunks produces a bigger return over time so I just combined all my small pieces (anything under like 25hbn) together to see if I stake better.

I calculated returns based on small and big block scenarios.  Big blocks have a slight advantage but that assumes you combine blocks right after stake... So might have a disadvantage if you calculate lost age.

The more I lists. To Tranz the more I think everyone should aim to have small blocks that are up for stake.  The more blocks you have with weight the safer hbn will be against attacks. 
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
Hobonickels price is going up. Man I Like this coin.

Diff from 1.8 to 13.

Good times.
Activity: 182
Yeah, if the wallet is auto-combining that is definitely news to me. I was leaving it be but then everyone keeps claiming that combining into bigger chunks produces a bigger return over time so I just combined all my small pieces (anything under like 25hbn) together to see if I stake better.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Thanks for the clarification Tranz.
I'll keep staking ASAP every time a block is mature.
Patience is a big friend when looking at compound interest.
wait, the wallet combines blocks being too small? what is the treshold for that? is there a way to modify it in the parameters? (had no idea it was doing it on itself so i kept combining them manually as soon as it goes down 1 hbn)

legendary
Are we sure that the stake rate is based off of coin days?  I was under the impression that although stake weight stops building in 20 days (supposed to be 30 but needs a hard fork to fix it) that interest will still build passed 20 days.  Anyone have mature blocks to test this on?

The interest is calculated to start at 100% for 1 year.  If you keep a coin offline for 1 year and bring it online, assuming the network weight is still low, you will double your coins, once it stakes. If you hold for 2 year, same assumptions, you will only get 100%. That is the max.

This is not great for the health of the network, but it is allowable, and I don't have any intentions of changing it.

You still get more by running the wallet 24/7 and compounding. But it requires some cost, albeit not much, as I am running off a Pi.  Also running 24/7 is securing the block chain, thereby making your coins more valuable and secure.

So the best practice is to simply grab a stake, and let the wallet do the rest. It will stake and split for a long time. In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

ok no problem. i'll just wait for it to stake then (didn't know this block would have any use anytime soon XD )
i was planning on combining it after staking anyway.
will share the results as soon as it stakes
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
i do have one mature block of 1.7 hbn that has been there for around 25 days, do you want me to screenshot and check how it stakes? it is a very small block so i don't know how much time it will take but might be worth trying

What you should do is wait until it stakes. Then after it stakes get the amount generate by the stake and divide it by 1.7. Then divide that by the number of days it took. So for example if it staked today and the rate didn't get cut off at 25 then it would be something like a generation of 0.085 HBN and then divide by 1.7 HBN = 5% and then change into a daily rate 5%/25=0.2% and then times by ten to compare it to the ten day rate that HBN posts as the official rate so 2%.

So you need to do those calcs after the stake.
Pages:
Jump to: