Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 14. (Read 69831 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
omfg the 50K

can t believe it, i m so glad i bought at the bottom weeks ago.
honestly i will just keep staking and not trade a single hbn, once i reach 10 000 hbn i ll consider trading a bit
(right i ve got so few hbn i don t want to loose them)

Big HBN dump. 18000 HBN Sad
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
omfg the 50K

can t believe it, i m so glad i bought at the bottom weeks ago.
honestly i will just keep staking and not trade a single hbn, once i reach 10 000 hbn i ll consider trading a bit
(right i ve got so few hbn i don t want to loose them)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Getting into the Scrypt ASIC game is a never ending rabbit hole. The only time I made money with hardware is by buying Antminers, using them for a couple days then selling them on Craigslist at a crazy inflated price. That in itself is risky too and you can get stuck with depreciating hardware. Look at all those poor gridseed resellers stuck with 5 chip miners, when the new blade miners are already running on new chips.

PoW/PoS investing takes a bit more work but I find it to be more rewarding. Also one thing I want to point out is the fact that I am more into PoW/PoS hybrids instead of pure PoS for a few reasons. The main reason is when one method fails, the other can keep the blockchain going. When Blackcoin PoS got stuck, it basically shut down that blockchain. When PHS PoS mining got stuck, PoW mining took over, ensuring that the blockchain kept going.

Imagine many years from now, old Scrypt hardware being the saving grace of a coin if PoS were ever to fail. This might not seem like much but when these coins balloon into multi million dollar markets, a blockchain getting stuck is not an option. Also multipools make for easy investing as all I have to do is aim my hardware at say hashco.ws and get paid in HBN, set it and forget it.

Seeing HBN at 50k satoshi sure is a good way to start the morning. Now I am off to my 9-5 daily grind. End of month review should be ready this weekend.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Hey guys,

I was hoping you could help me with an idea I have. I have been following new scrypt asics for a while now, nearly buying a miner a few times. Now I was wondering(attempting to justify) buying a new miner and thought what if I divested 50% of HBN position to buy a miner and then pointed it at the multi pool to be paid out in HBN daily.

My question is wouldn't this increase the value of my other 50% HBN investment because the muli-pool would be buying HBN in the market to pay me? So I would not only be making a ROI through HBN mined but also increasing the price of my remaining position?

Also if we all agreed to buy miners together for the multi pool wouldn't this substantially increase the value of HBN as well?

Note: this is assuming I buy the latest best value ASIC as soon as it is released. Ofcourse I am also not including % lost due to 2% stake and increases in mining difficulty as well.

That would be an interesting idea but a few issue must be taken into consideration.

Miners depreciate over time
ASIC miners wont be shipped before 2-3 months waiting time
Difficulties will likely rise rendering the miners less competitive and less profitable

What is unknown is how fast is the difficulty will rise in SCRYPT mining.

I don't think I would personally continue the mining race.  The window of ROI is rather small and you have to be quick to turn over your asset.

That being said, if you don't own any mining rigs you could have a few ASICS since mining is not only important to secure the block chain, it's also fun and can give you a way to enter any given market without investing BTC you previously have.

If you already own a rig, I would point it to hashco.ws and get paid in HBN right away.

The sell side of HBN has low volume, so we don't need that much people to point their rigs to the multipool to see a nice appreciation of the value of HBN.

Your reasoning about the multipool and appreciation of the other half of your investment by rising the price is correct.  What is hard to evaluate is, will HBN rise faster than the ASIC depreciate (and will your ASIC be able to buy you enough HBN at the multipool).  If you believe so, might be worth a shot, if you fear it's not, better hold to your current HBN position.  You also have to consider delivery time of your ASIC... if it takes 3 months to ship, where will HBN price be in 3 months? (if price goes up, it's good for your other half, but you will be buying less from the market with your ASIC miner, not even considering the negative impact of difficulty rising)

3 months ago, HBN was trading around 8k-10k sat, while I'm writing this it's at 53k sat.  Not only will you lose your stakes (2%) for that waiting period, but you might lose a nice appreciation too!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer
Hey guys,

I was hoping you could help me with an idea I have. I have been following new scrypt asics for a while now, nearly buying a miner a few times. Now I was wondering(attempting to justify) buying a new miner and thought what if I divested 50% of HBN position to buy a miner and then pointed it at the multi pool to be paid out in HBN daily.

My question is wouldn't this increase the value of my other 50% HBN investment because the muli-pool would be buying HBN in the market to pay me? So I would not only be making a ROI through HBN mined but also increasing the price of my remaining position?

Also if we all agreed to buy miners together for the multi pool wouldn't this substantially increase the value of HBN as well?

Note: this is assuming I buy the latest best value ASIC as soon as it is released. Ofcourse I am also not including % lost due to 2% stake and increases in mining difficulty as well.

Miners depreciate through time, so far HBN has appreciated with time Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Whitecoin technical issues creating volatility for an entry point.  When the new devs take over, I don't think it's possible for the coin to never see 1000 again.  Seems like guaranteed money.  1000 is just the absolute lowest, low ball figure.  2000-4000+ is pretty easily achievable.

I am prepared to do battle on the orderbook if they want to battle me.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Hey guys,

Activity: 856
Merit: 250
This is one of my favorite posts on BitcoinTalk. I follow it since you opened it but I didn't invest on HBN from the begining because I didn't know the dev, the coin history... I entered a month ago aprox when it was at 10000. I can't be more happy of the decision and I'm not thinking of selling at all. I feel really safe with Tranz as dev and I'm convinced this coin has so much further to go. Thank you for opening this journal and helping others invest in real/valuable coins!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
big pump n dump today. missed it totally tho Sad(

my HBN journal is all about steady, sustainable profits. Plenty of people won and lost during that pump but remember this, quick buck artist come and go, but its the steady players who make money in any market condition.

If pump and dumps isnt a part of your trading style, then ignore them completely.

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin  

You must be joking Smiley

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

It sounds aggressive but when you do the numbers you will see that the monetary expansion is only a few 100 k coins ahead of the PoW target because often very small PoS blocks will crowd out the PoW blocks.

Good points.

Also as the staking difficulty goes up, the interest declines. I guess once there are 8 million coins out there, maybe 1 year from now, the interest rate will be in the 90 percentage.
legendary
Blockchain Developer

my HBN journal is all about steady, sustainable profits. Plenty of people won and lost during that pump but remember this, quick buck artist come and go, but its the steady players who make money in any market condition.

If pump and dumps isnt a part of your trading style, then ignore them completely.

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin  

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

It sounds aggressive but when you do the numbers you will see that the monetary expansion is only a few 100 k coins ahead of the PoW target because often very small PoS blocks will crowd out the PoW blocks.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
^^ he obviously read and understood all the info ........

*edit to insert more obvious hostile sarcasm Smiley
Activity: 1316
Merit: 593

2% every ten days?  Grin Sustainable?  Grin   

Pump and dump is your scamming style and you are ... ?   (Insert correct word instead of ...)

When I hover my mouse over the little green arrow on the 1.4 client it tells me

Staking..
you have 50% chance of producing a stake in xx hours

Is it just me or does anyone else get this stuck in their head ?

http://youtu.be/RWTHxt1XTfs

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna place a sell
until tomorrow I'll just keep staking coin.

yeah I have probably just lost the plot .......
maybe at these prices I'm just in a hysterically good mood

haha that's funny  Grin
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
When I hover my mouse over the little green arrow on the 1.4 client it tells me

Staking..
you have 50% chance of producing a stake in xx hours

Is it just me or does anyone else get this stuck in their head ?

http://youtu.be/RWTHxt1XTfs

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna place a sell
until tomorrow I'll just keep staking coin.

yeah I have probably just lost the plot .......
maybe at these prices I'm just in a hysterically good mood
Activity: 517
Merit: 502
Lets get HBN on Mintpal!

I just voted with 0.14 BTC.
Pretty exciting day  Wink

Loved that action!  Didn't sell a µHBN today though, I'm still waiting to reach my goal so the stake can be that much more interesting... loved that idea Tokyo about grabbing a cold one while my 3 years old laptop's CPU churns away those numbers!

Stake away my friends... stake away and let them grow!  It will pay soon enough Smiley
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Sound advice. I was in it to buy some HBN when it came down.
Unfortunately it did not dump to better buying levels but now I have a few more to stake in the next 10 days.
legendary

Its actually because cryptsy took the HBN daemon offline to rescan the block chain. This made it so transfers into cryptsy didn't work.  Demand for coins was allowed to run wild without and supply able to come in. Once the daemon came back online all of the transfers came through at once and people dumped their coins. So not really a pump and dump, just technicalities with cryptsy. Wish they would announce it sooner.

Thanks for that info Presstab. It seems that project pump either picked the best or the worst time to pump HBN. Im pretty sure people lost plenty of coin-age trying to chase the dump. Which means that the professional PoS miners will have more weight against the network and mint more PoS blocks sooner.

I guess this pump just worked out to my advantage and I haven't sold a single HBN.
legendary

legendary
Blockchain Developer

Its actually because cryptsy took the HBN daemon offline to rescan the block chain. This made it so transfers into cryptsy didn't work.  Demand for coins was allowed to run wild without and supply able to come in. Once the daemon came back online all of the transfers came through at once and people dumped their coins. So not really a pump and dump, just technicalities with cryptsy. Wish they would announce it sooner.
Pages:
Jump to: