Pages:
Author

Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio - page 33. (Read 69845 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Thanks i will apply that... with HBN and Long term wth other.. i had bad luck triying to do day tradin with cryptos.. some day you won but . its more losses than gains.. i see that is better in long term. and maybe midle term. in mycase until i get better on trading shortly
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
so the best bet for unexperienced traders. or newbie on trading is long trade. buy wait few weeks and sell the cryptos.. .. i try to make somes day trading and only loose money lot of btc.. bcz my bad deccisions .. any books you can reccomend to can read charts propety? learn how to study the cryptomarket

Like TokyoGhetto mentioned, there are so many different strategies to use. It comes down to preference.  I am personally using more of an investment strategy rather than trading strategy.  I bought a chunk of HBN a few months ago, and have been collecting the stakes every 10 days. I have been slowly purchasing more HBN as time goes on too.  But I am not selling right now, or anytime soon.

My investment goal with HBN is long term. I believe that the HBN community will continue to grow (with everyone's help and community driven forums, wikis, etc.).  As the community grow's so will the coin. 

So me personally, I am not a trader with HBN, more of a long term hold.  But watching cryptsy there does seem to be plenty of day trading opportunities as well.
legendary
Activity: 1232
so the best bet for unexperienced traders. or newbie on trading is long trade. buy wait few weeks and sell the cryptos.. .. i try to make somes day trading and only loose money lot of btc.. bcz my bad deccisions .. any books you can reccomend to can read charts propety? learn how to study the cryptomarket

There is no best bet. If you really want to make money, just come up with a trade plan and throw some money at it. It can be anything.

Long term/Short term, scalping, High Frequency Market Making, spread trading, momentum trading, trend trading, counter trend trading.

I knew a trader at one of my old trading firms that would make $20,000 in an hour then spend $500-$1000 on a new trade idea to see if it would work out. Most of the times he would lose on the trade but once he found something that worked, he would throw huge size at it.

Point is, what worked yesterday may not work today or tomorrow. If you want to day trade, then just day trade and try different ideas until you find something that works. Then milk it until the edge is gone. Rinse and repeat. If you can do this for the next 5 years day in and day out plus making a living at it, you can consider yourself a pro.

Learn by doing. Good Luck.
legendary
toyogetho you reccomend day tradding for hbn? or long/shorterm?

You can day trade anything. I don't recommend people day trade unless they are willing to commit years to the art. This journal isn't about quick profits its about long term "dividend" investing. The PoS interest I get paid is a reward for holding HBN and securing the network. I find to be less stressful than short term day trading. 
legendary

Let do some math,

But then lets say if price have been reduced lets say 20% in 10 days from the market which you purchased 0.0001 to 0.00008

the coins you earn from POS = 80000* 102% = 81600

price bought = 80000 * 0.0001 = 8btc
price sold after 10 days = 81600 * 0.00008 = 6.25 btc

so it is bad when market in a decline....

Although the book value on our entire position goes down, we don't focus on that. We focus on the PoS coins mined and the value of those coins. Think about it like a house that you buy to rent out. House prices fluctuate all the time, but since the house is paid off, it shouldn't affect you too much. At the end of the day you still own the house. What you do care about is the rent you collect from the tenants living in the house. That is the PoS coins you mine. Eventually the PoS coins mined should equal the amount of coins you initial purchased/PoW mined. Once that happens, you can sell your PoS mined coins and this becomes a risk free trade.

You won't sell your entire position, that would be like killing your golden goose. Keep feeding the goose and live off the golden eggs it lays. My trade plan tells me its too soon to start taking profits, but when I do I will show you guys how I take profits.
toyogetho you reccomend day tradding for hbn? or long/shorterm?
legendary
so is it too late to get into hobo nickels , did i miss the train, do i wait for a big dip? would like some tips don't have time to research right now Smiley

Its not too late. However, you need to find the time to research your trade. Amount to risk, trade size, buying points. You need to exam the liquidity on Cryptsy, how it reacts to buys and sells. The more time you put into this trade, the more potential profit you can get out of it.

Yesterday I was watching the orderbook and decided to do a quick spread trade on HBN. You need to spend money to find out more info. So I bid on 0.00008390 and sold at 0.00009999 on 271.64598851 HBN for a quick 0.00437078 BTC profit.

So I know from this trade that with a little patience, I can get maximum value for my money, if I take my time to study the book and bid/offer in and out of positions.

Take your time, do your research, treat this like a business.
Activity: 154

Let do some math,

But then lets say if price have been reduced lets say 20% in 10 days from the market which you purchased 0.0001 to 0.00008

the coins you earn from POS = 80000* 102% = 81600

price bought = 80000 * 0.0001 = 8btc
price sold after 10 days = 81600 * 0.00008 = 6.25 btc

so it is bad when market in a decline....
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
so is it too late to get into hobo nickels , did i miss the train, do i wait for a big dip? would like some tips don't have time to research right now Smiley
legendary
Blockchain Developer
thats easy really? i just need to open my wallet ? every X days or be open by 10 days? dont matter my hash power or nothing? my computer is not that powerfull.. plz clear that for me? i see that tokyomo says that you need a gpu rig..

Read this page on the wiki for the basics http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
thats easy really? i just need to open my wallet ? every X days or be open by 10 days? dont matter my hash power or nothing? my computer is not that powerfull.. plz clear that for me? i see that tokyomo says that you need a gpu rig..
Usually its ~11 days and a little bigger than 2%

U need to buy some if you dont have hash power  Smiley
Activity: 517
Merit: 502
Yes, its that easy, just open it every 10 days and let it mine some POS blocks...
I think you need to do some research on POS, you clearly have no idea how it works.  Grin
very good post sir very good  congrats.. but . right now i am not a miner i only trade and HOLD my coins what you reccomend to me to take adventage fo this? i need to start to mine to make that 2% every 10 days?

No, you just need to keep it in your wallet. Wink
very good post sir very good  congrats.. but . right now i am not a miner i only trade and HOLD my coins what you reccomend to me to take adventage fo this? i need to start to mine to make that 2% every 10 days?
YES Thank you guys! it filled!  Cheesy

Now its time to stake and make some money!

legendary
Activity: 1260
R0ach, I think we understand that you don't like coins with PoS components. HoboNickels aren't for everyone's appetite. I sure love them, they are fun, have an active community, great dev, and are one of the few small crypto-coins that actually interest me.  If you don't like them, simply don't buy them.  Problem solved right?

I don't have anything against hobonickels, it's just that in the real world, the more complex a financial instrument is, the more unintended consequences, or potential for abuse there is.  PoW just seems like a more honest man's currency where you aren't double rewarded for being a whale.

Assuming you got to play god over a country, it would be a horrible economic model to force upon everyone.  I believe Sunny King / PPC developers are already pushing this angle that PPC is terrible as a currency and it's place should be as a virtual bank in the future or something...
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Please, someone... fill my buy order at 0.0001 (32000 Hobos) Sad Sad

Lol, I saw that order before checking here. That would be a quite amazing price to get that many HBN for. The recent run up in price is due to 1-3 btc orders trying to execute in a small time span. Seeing as there are only 2+ million HBN in existence and almost everyone that has them wants to keep them, it is extremely hard to fill large buy orders right now.  Good luck to you sir, I hope you are able to get what you seek.
Please, someone... fill my buy order at 0.0001 (32000 Hobos) Sad Sad
Pages:
Jump to: