Pages:
Author

Topic: Here Is One Reason Why Legendary Members Get So Many Merits - page 6. (Read 1784 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Oh God, another thread about merits? Yes! But I promise. This one will be a bit different.

Many times, we have heard the accusations: merit cycling clubs, merit gangs, legendary members giving merits to their legendary friends, etc.

I believe that Development & Technical Discussion and Bitcoin Technical Support are this forum's cream de la creme. These sub-forums are the sections where issues about the Bitcoin network are raised and solved. When users experience particular problems or have questions, the members in those subs take care of them. 

But who are the users that help newbies and everyone else to solve problems?
More precisely, what rank to they belong to?
That is precisely the reason why I decided to create this thread. On 27 August, I took a screenshot of the two mentioned sub-boards to check what ranks are the members who reply to threads there.

I checked 5 threads in each section.
In the tables below, I have listed the titles of those threads. You can see the number of legendary users who have replied there. Besides that, I have written down the number of times a legendary user was the first to respond after a thread was created, and how many replies there were in total per thread.

What is the purpose of all this?

My hypothesis is that legendary members get so many merits because they are usually the first to reply and offer advice. They are the most frequent posters in the mentioned sub-forums, and their posts are simply the best ones.

Let’s now take a look at the stats and see if I am right or wrong:

Bitcoin Technical Support

|
Thread Title
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org