Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 160. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Everyone here please take a moment to vote for CGB in the poll as favorite coin. Right now there is 10 votes which is already above average for the new coins but if we can get a real big number together it will sure draw some extra attention   Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-pick-your-favorite-alt-coin-264016
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
someone bought ~41000 CGB!  (~14 BTC)  Shocked
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
The block reward didn't halve? It's still at 10 at block 50005....

Yes interesting, maybe theres some kind of buffer period to adjust.

Maybe you guys could read the last dozen or so posts (before you posted this) and figure out why  Undecided

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread ... just realized there were two. Sorry guys... I'm a douche canoe. Lips sealed For an explanation, check out these posts if you haven't already: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255561.300

Thanks Tongue. Was wondering why nobody was posting here.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251

Maybe you guys could read the last dozen or so posts (before you posted this) and figure out why  Undecided

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread ... just realized there were two. Sorry guys... I'm a douche canoe. Lips sealed For an explanation, check out these posts if you haven't already: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255561.300
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

August 1, 2013 Update:

Yesterday was truly an interesting day for CGB and the crypto community! The subsidy halving set to take place at 50k blocks did not occur due to an oversight in the code. The CGB team has responded, identified the issue and made the necessary corrections. The subsidy halving will now take place at block 55k. It is imperative that everyone download the latest client BEFORE block 55k. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued support. Please be prepared for some additional major announcements coming for CGB!                                                                  

Please download the updated client on OP.

Mac wallet updated on OP. Thank you Maxpower!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

August 1, 2013 Update:

Yesterday was truly an interesting day for CGB and the crypto community! The subsidy halving set to take place at 50k blocks did not occur due to an oversight in the code. The CGB team has responded, identified the issue and made the necessary corrections. The subsidy halving will now take place at block 55k. It is imperative that everyone download the latest client BEFORE block 55k. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your continued support. Please be prepared for some additional major announcements coming for CGB!                                                                  

Good job fixing it quickly!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

August 1, 2013 Update:

https://cgb.epools.org updated
legendary

August 1, 2013 Update:

Why is Coinchoose reporting block reward of 5 when its still at 10 ?

Activity: 266
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Soon halving  Cool
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Ok let's get some hash on this pool
Cgb.coinworld.us
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
How much time left for 10 per block ?
Ah, ok, I suppose I'll have to wait  Cheesy.

I was a little bored today, ended up messing around with photoshop & a modeling program. Came up with this:

I'm not sure if you're looking for a new logo, but if you are, I can fiddle a bit more when I've got some free time.
legendary
OP updated:

July 30th, 2013 Update:

Please download the updated clients (in OP). Also a couple of changes have been made to take preventative measures against what recently occurred with CAP. Finally, the block rewards have been extended to allow for a 1/2% yearly inflation after 1 million CGB are mined - at a rate of 0.01 CGB per block:
DNS seeds have been enable and DNS records have been created which resolve to 6 trusted nodes (we will add more soon)
Checkpoints added
Added reward of 0.01 CGB after 1 million coins are mined (comes out to 1/2% yearly inflation)

Any hints on what the  website will feature when we reach 50k blocks?

I will defer to Mr. Mercury to share any teasers he feels inclined to divulge as he is taking the lead on this project. I am extremely excited with the outline we have constructed. Timeline will be a couple of weeks as Merc suffers from a severe case of perfectionism!
OP updated:

July 30th, 2013 Update:

Please download the updated clients (in OP). Also a couple of changes have been made to take preventative measures against what recently occurred with CAP. Finally, the block rewards have been extended to allow for a 1/2% yearly inflation after 1 million CGB are mined - at a rate of 0.01 CGB per block:
DNS seeds have been enable and DNS records have been created which resolve to 6 trusted nodes (we will add more soon)
Checkpoints added
Added reward of 0.01 CGB after 1 million coins are mined (comes out to 1/2% yearly inflation)

Any hints on what the  website will feature when we reach 50k blocks?
legendary
OP updated:

July 30th, 2013 Update:

Checkpoints added
Activity: 364
so whats next for the coin?

First step is securing the blockchain, especially until PoS blocks kick in.  If the primary goal for CGB is to be a investment vehicle for multiplying the value appreciation of BTC, blockchain security is of utmost importance.

I'm developing a Android wallet as well as a gaming site that will accept only BTC, LTC, CGB, and CAP.  And we're going to heavily market CGB as a high-roller cryptocurrency.  Exclusivity because of its rarity, yet practical because of its block time for quick transaction confirmations and liquidity due to its one million coin cap.

-Merc
Jump to: