Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 84. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I bet there are others who could do better  Wink

It looks awesome dude !
Isn't CGB POW / POS though ? You only mention POS.

Good point patmast3r and thank you for bringing it up.  With space at an extreme premium in the attention span of the average person I had to break it down to the most critical of points. To the mass public, Proof of Stake Eco-Security conveys the intended message that the security model is different than the rest and somehow more efficient. To the educated public,  the phrase quickly informs them that this is a second generation crypto currency. Upon further reading, the educated public will quickly realize, if they dont already know, that CGB did rely on an inflationary Proof of Work stage which has completed leaving the PoW mining aspect secondary to PoS minting.

Yes I totally agree, the idea of such a virtual "flyer" is to attract attention, nothing more. People then have the responsibility to thoroughly inform themselves before investing. While a flyer should not straightout lie (many advertisements get darned close to it all the same), it does also not have the responsibility of telling the whole truth. Especially if parts are not left out in order to be misleading, but to simplify an otherwise elaborate subject and thus making it more easily accessible to the reader.

You are absolutely correct on this. I have been very careful to make sure that anything written is not disingenuous. For example when I say that the inflationary stage is completed, I have taken a broader look at the deployment of the currency and used the phrase to highlight a key difference in the life cycle progress of CGB compared to other crypto currencies. It is true that CGB has not reached its target 2% inflation, but with over 90% deployment, there is very little room left for CGB to come anywhere close to the inflation rates of most other crypto currencies. On this note, I am not the master source for information and I really need anyone who sees an inconsistency in our marketing campaign material to let us all know right away so that it can be corrected.

On a different note, while I do like the new flyer, I find that it is rather hard to read. The picture itself has some harsh contrasts, and together with the type layover (especially the small type across the opening of the vault) it just becomes a bit chaotic. The font colour adjusted to the background looks good, but makes reading even harder. I honestly don't really know how to easily do something about that however, the pic is just to cramped and full of contrasts to easily fit text on. A larger image section showing more wall and floor to put text would probably solve the problem.

I am very glad for your work and definitely don't mean to be discouraging, just giving some (hopefully) constructive critizism  Wink

I appreciate the feedback! The most positive comment that anyone could give to this and other advertising material is a critical assessment. You have highlighted another way that this viral concept can be interpreted. In my case I have gone for close-up visually stunning imagery to capture the imagination in hopes that they read the details on the strengths of CGB. Honestly the strengths are intended to be read after the idea of CGB as being a safe place to store your wealth has sunken in. The image is actually computer generated and the contrast was very high, lowering it would have unfortunately reduced that stunning aspect. I am not a photoshop (gimp) master but I find it enjoyable and have many other fun ideas to bust out in good time  Tongue. I invite anyone to come up with their own interpretation, the image size can be different, colors, text, its all wide open to interpretation. When you submit your masterpiece, realize that criticism is actually more useful than excited approval (although the latter provides a helpful warm fuzzy feeling). Thanks for both!
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
I am getting a "Checkpoint too old / notify dev" message but with 8 active connections.

Current blocks:323660
Estimated total blocks: 323654

Client version: v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb

Do I need to add some newer nodes? Thanks for any help.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

I bet there are others who could do better  Wink

It looks awesome dude !

Good point patmast3r and thank you for bringing it up.  With space at an extreme premium in the attention span of the average person I had to break it down to the most critical of points. To the mass public, Proof of Stake Eco-Security conveys the intended message that the security model is different than the rest and somehow more efficient. To the educated public,  the phrase quickly informs them that this is a second generation crypto currency. Upon further reading, the educated public will quickly realize, if they dont already know, that CGB did rely on an inflationary Proof of Work stage which has completed leaving the PoW mining aspect secondary to PoS minting.

Yes I totally agree, the idea of such a virtual "flyer" is to attract attention, nothing more. People then have the responsibility to thoroughly inform themselves before investing. While a flyer should not straightout lie (many advertisements get darned close to it all the same), it does also not have the responsibility of telling the whole truth. Especially if parts are not left out in order to be misleading, but to simplify an otherwise elaborate subject and thus making it more easily accessible to the reader.

On a different note, while I do like the new flyer, I find that it is rather hard to read. The picture itself has some harsh contrasts, and together with the type layover (especially the small type across the opening of the vault) it just becomes a bit chaotic. The font colour adjusted to the background looks good, but makes reading even harder. I honestly don't really know how to easily do something about that however, the pic is just to cramped and full of contrasts to easily fit text on. A larger image section showing more wall and floor to put text would probably solve the problem.

I am very glad for your work and definitely don't mean to be discouraging, just giving some (hopefully) constructive critizism  Wink

It looks awesome dude !

Good point patmast3r and thank you for bringing it up.  With space at an extreme premium in the attention span of the average person I had to break it down to the most critical of points. To the mass public, Proof of Stake Eco-Security conveys the intended message that the security model is different than the rest and somehow more efficient. To the educated public,  the phrase quickly informs them that this is a second generation crypto currency. Upon further reading, the educated public will quickly realize, if they dont already know, that CGB did rely on an inflationary Proof of Work stage which has completed leaving the PoW mining aspect secondary to PoS minting.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php vote here for CGB you can vote 10x in 24 hrs so just keep clicking

C'mon guys, we need more votes  Grin

Voted Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php vote here for CGB you can vote 10x in 24 hrs so just keep clicking

Besides just 10 votes, you can send bitcoin! .000125 per vote.
19Ppi6D2b4ChoWDD7LpoH7amfgWdpdiEm8

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

It looks awesome dude !

papersheepdog you are a godsend!

Such enthusiasm wow  Cheesy

We are entering the final and most anticipated stage of CB's life cycle, the investor stage. The miners have had their fun, and took their profit. Now their party is coming to an end. Like you have highlighted the inflationary period is over and it is now up to the smart investor to realise the potential of CB.

Once the Investor gets involved and takes the price to a more realistic level, the mining will again become more profitable and we can all party together  Smiley

This thread has been swamped in this forum over the last few months by the relentless bombardment of [ANN] and [GIVEAWAY] threads of new shit, pump, dump, fuck off to the next coin bullshit threads.

We need to carry on with what you have been doing on reddit and keep jumping into the communities of popular, high trade volume, good for the gullible shitcoins, and promote to them something that really has a solid future, background and support, Cryptogenic Bullion.

Really like the work that has been happening this week, and it's nice to take a lung full of the fresh air that's been brought in!!!

Thanks for the feedback Killiz! It helps to know that I am among peers. The pump and dump scene frustrates me as well especially when I see bitcoin clones, in this day and age, still make off like a rocket ship. Fundamental analysis of these rockets show the fuel supply to be woefully inadequate. We need the excitement to surround actual innovation.

I have said that the rise and fall of cryptocurrencies will be like that of fiat but in the speed of modern technology. Even in this digital world we see what vested interest can do to stagnate human progress. This must end.

Reddit is the front lines of this battle I assure you all. We must be mindful of our message and audience. We must be respectful and even extoll the merits of our competitors because they will not cross if there is no bridge. Do not forget that we are part of an ecosystem and other coins are not wrong, they are just playing out their logical course which will likely end in some kind of balance, with different cryptos appealing to different use cases and communities. Let logic prevail over emotion(and hold tight to your CGB Wink ).
Let me know about the paper wallet.  I'll post a link to it on the website.  Also, I'd suggest making it open source and available on github so users can make their paper wallets offline (more secure).

I'm ecstatic to see some community involvement!!

yes ofcourse it willbe available on github!! lost some hours on the ssl as i just found out its not supported with the plan i have at cloudflare but we are moving in the right direction Smiley ps. i still have that wiki we discussed some months ago (if you still remember), idea for after i finished the paper wallet?

I remember the wiki.  I forwarded it to a couple supporters but no one was willing to take up the job.

So I think I'll offer a small bounty to get the contents of the wiki filled out.

Cheers.

A wiki I think would be a worthwhile addition to our resources if its not too much trouble. The format lends itself well to any kind of documentation like the HOWTO stuff for different operating systems and stuff like PoS minting. I could also see it as a beneficial place to lay a foundation for fundamental cryptocurrency market analysis. It's just a bit tricky because people usually feel intimidated when it comes to actually contributing Wink
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
Activity: 364
Let me know about the paper wallet.  I'll post a link to it on the website.  Also, I'd suggest making it open source and available on github so users can make their paper wallets offline (more secure).

yes ofcourse it willbe available on github!! lost some hours on the ssl as i just found out its not supported with the plan i have at cloudflare but we are moving in the right direction Smiley ps. i still have that wiki we discussed some months ago (if you still remember), idea for after i finished the paper wallet?

I remember the wiki.  I forwarded it to a couple supporters but no one was willing to take up the job.

So I think I'll offer a small bounty to get the contents of the wiki filled out.

Cheers.

Hi MercSuey,

Can you briefly explain, without giving too much away, how the MADEsparq project will impact the value of Crypto (I like this new short name for CGB)?  I'm a little fuzzy on this and I think others are as well.  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Thanks for the support Jake! I am totally open to discussing MADEsparq with regards to this marketing campaign. I know that it has potential and if we can get enough exciting details then I think we can work it in. However, I believe that CGB easily stands on its own and unless we are showing material benefit to an investor, I feel that too much information might detract from the points that I have listed as CGB strengths. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of extras about CGB that make it appealing but I have tried to distill it all down to a small package which any investor will be hooked on reading through. The idea is to focus on driving the most critical points out to the public.

Yes, I know it's a bit hazy.  I'm going to address your inquiry with some concrete examples and videos on madesparq.org soon.
... you can't have it all  Wink

1 million to rule them all Grin

Hey Team. As promised here is my outline....

wow you are definiatly spot on with your outline! i will try to let it pass a few times this weekend and see what i have to say.

for now i only wanted to drop in to say i have registered a domain for the paper wallet and atm im busy implementing a proper ssl certificate without any browser issues. also forked the paper wallet code and in the next days when i have spare time i'm gonna adopt this for cgb. in my search for a paper wallet i found two versions. one noob proof and the other one based on bitaddress.org. the last one i want to adopt in a later stage as the advanced version but my first goal is to get the noob proof running with basic graphics. also nice to see the paper wallet graphic, top notch!! thanks for doing this papersheepdog.

ps the noob proof version is based on https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html and there willbe an offline version to.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Hi MercSuey,

Can you briefly explain, without giving too much away, how the MADEsparq project will impact the value of Crypto (I like this new short name for CGB)?  I'm a little fuzzy on this and I think others are as well.  Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.

Thanks for the support Jake! I am totally open to discussing MADEsparq with regards to this marketing campaign. I know that it has potential and if we can get enough exciting details then I think we can work it in. However, I believe that CGB easily stands on its own and unless we are showing material benefit to an investor, I feel that too much information might detract from the points that I have listed as CGB strengths. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of extras about CGB that make it appealing but I have tried to distill it all down to a small package which any investor will be hooked on reading through. The idea is to focus on driving the most critical points out to the public.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hi MercSuey,

Pages:
Jump to: