Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 11. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 04:23:16 AM
It's not advisable to take anyone's say on the currency, do your homework.
Apart from buying the currency, there are other ways of investing in it
-Trading in bitcoin which requires actively buying at a low price and selling when the price goes up within a short time. It requires knowledge and practice
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
September 12, 2018, 07:29:17 PM
Holding a coin is advisable because you can get many profit on that because you wait the price increase.
If you want to hold make sure the coin is potential that gives you more money after few years.
Activity: 626
Merit: 10
September 12, 2018, 05:57:13 PM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
I think holding is depending to what funds you have because if the coin don't have future why we need to hold it? So I think there's nothing wrong if people choose to hold than to sell it. And it doesn't that you hold for long time you don't have any idea about trading some people choose a right time to make a good profit.
Activity: 23
Merit: 1
September 12, 2018, 05:53:21 PM
I believe in holding and adding on more as I go along.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I LOVE ADABS
September 12, 2018, 05:31:35 PM
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Holding at the moment is very necessary because the market price is dropping so hard and in order for you not to lose your coins then you should invest harder today or hold even more.
Activity: 170
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 04:46:42 PM
Perhaps the downward trend since the beginning of the year is causing panic in the investor and community psychology -> actually said hold is gradually failing. Because the market is not showing signs of stability and if you are not alert, you can become their grill.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
September 12, 2018, 04:40:59 PM
Not all investors can actively trade in the Crypto currency at the exchange. Someone does not have enough time for this, someone just can not do it. Therefore, a significant part of the holders of the crypto currency will vseravno simply keep it in the hope of making a profit from its growth in price. During the growth of the crypto-currency market, retention brings a good profit, however, during the period of its fall or stagnation, as now, only retaining profits does not bring. Those who can not constantly trade, it is better to trade with coins and tokens for a period of time at large price increases and falls. This is the most optimal for making a profit.
That is right, hodl is not advisable if you are not a risk taker and it causing you depression with the market, that is why we need to keep calm with the situation right now as no one knows and can tell when will the market recover, it may take month or so before it will happen, so just hodl for a while or withdraw if you are in panic mode.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
September 12, 2018, 03:47:06 PM
Not all investors can actively trade in the Crypto currency at the exchange. Someone does not have enough time for this, someone just can not do it. Therefore, a significant part of the holders of the crypto currency will vseravno simply keep it in the hope of making a profit from its growth in price. During the growth of the crypto-currency market, retention brings a good profit, however, during the period of its fall or stagnation, as now, only retaining profits does not bring. Those who can not constantly trade, it is better to trade with coins and tokens for a period of time at large price increases and falls. This is the most optimal for making a profit.
Activity: 58
September 12, 2018, 03:03:18 PM
indeed holding assets for too long is not recommended, this will only make you an audience in crypto currency trading, because we all don't know when the value of coins will rise or fall again
Activity: 126
September 12, 2018, 02:48:10 PM

Of course holding something without any goal or limit when to sell or buy out would cause you missed opportunity to sell high. Holding is not for everyone, some people hold for greater profit depends on the coin you hold. not all coin or token deserve to be hold. 
Yes it is not good to hold without any reason if we will hold our coin to have profit, the more we will hold the more it will rise in price and our income will be more than double, it is very important to hold when the market is low and selling will cause a big lose for you, it is good to sell if price is high in market but if price will be low so you will have to hold at lower price.
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
September 12, 2018, 12:34:53 PM
This is the fault of a person who's not doing his/her own research regarding the coin you are to invest to. This is not great for you to execute your trades. If the coin you're trading is sht, then TP out immediately after winning a trade. That's how it goes.
I agree with you. That if you choosen a shit coin then you just need to wait some time to get some profits. After getting some profits you need to sell off your coin to be safee from losses and if you want to get good amount of profits by long-term hold then you need to choose top coin like Bitcoin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
September 12, 2018, 12:34:01 PM
I like the ways you suggest to not Hold in crypto and i agree with those advise. I holding few coins for few months and i get some profit, but most of them now gone because of the market downtrend. Holding without knowledge is really dangerous and you guys should consider before hold some.
Activity: 784
Merit: 252
September 12, 2018, 12:08:43 PM
That's right, don't hold a lot of coins, because the basis for trading is to buy when it's cheap and sell when it's profitable. many tutors about learning to trade
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
September 12, 2018, 11:55:21 AM

NO, it is not. Holding cryptocurrency doesn't mean that you don't have any knowledge about it, it is just a simple strategy that instead on losing profits on the panic selling, you would rather hold your tokens and wait, but also, it could the other way around just like what you have said. Hodling is a wise idea for me and not for those people who don't know how to Trade their tokens, in my opinion.

But sometimes, too much hodling could lead on losing your profits because of your greed, so be wise and be active on daily trading prices of the tokens you are holding.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
September 12, 2018, 07:03:09 AM

Although it depends on the market situation, these days, I am really gravitating to say that there is credence to this proposition. I say that because what's happening these days are just bad trends and movements, and it's not helping coins and projects all over the market, in general, or specifically. And so, if one intends to hold his coins for that long, instead of gaining something good out of it, it may lead to bad trends that could affect such strategy on the negative. Like, right now, I have held my Ethereum for a while now, hoping that it will rise up. Unfortunately, it fell sharply, which is really hurting my investment. I am just being positive, though, because that's all I can do.
Activity: 40
September 12, 2018, 04:54:55 AM
tell that to people who bought their coins at 12$ back in the time.

well said

Have you heard about PumaPay? :https://t.me/pumapay_news
Activity: 67
September 12, 2018, 04:51:44 AM
HODLers will definitely get their well deserved rewards soon, but if you want to be more efficient you should learn TA and risk management and if you have skills for it you can increase your bagholdings exponentially and reap much bigger rewards! Wink

Or later, I would add:)
Activity: 67
September 12, 2018, 04:49:39 AM
I think HODL was a good strategy for 2017, when everything was growing. However currently you need to adjust your trading system and to be prepared for both mussive bullish and bearish runs. That's my idea.
Activity: 98
September 12, 2018, 03:20:15 AM
holding or selling, we have many options and I think that you can use these methods to be able to invest in flexible trading and tailored to your specific situation.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 03:13:19 AM
In the bear market you can always trade to accumulate more.  This does not mean you are not holding.  Sell at 20% peak and buy back lower.  Bear market is always a good time to accumulate your favourite coins/tokens.

Sure, you can do it now to get the profit in several months. As for the holding, you should better hold the main cryptocurrencies - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Trade smaller alts.
Pages:
Jump to: