Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 12. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 10
September 11, 2018, 04:24:40 PM
Of course it is nature of bitcoin price is to increase and decrease as if today price is high then it is surely true price of bitcoin will be low and affordable tomorrow so hold your bitcoin it will rise and price of bitcoin will again come to its position after sometime of falling, so according to me it is good to hold as investment is all about holding and waiting.
I think it is not just about raising or decreasing in price but demand for the product also. If the price falls low enough in order to the demand increased, then the price will start to increase and probably decrease the demand. And longterm keeping of coins does no help actually. It is better to know how to trade.
Activity: 448
September 11, 2018, 03:03:26 PM
One cannot complete say holding crypto currency is not good because a lot of people has made huge sum of money from holding their coins over a period of time while others must have lost while holding at a wrong time. For me, the time to buy and hold for a period of time is now.

Today's price is undervalued as we come close for the previous ATH from late summer.
Of course it is nature of bitcoin price is to increase and decrease as if today price is high then it is surely true price of bitcoin will be low and affordable tomorrow so hold your bitcoin it will rise and price of bitcoin will again come to its position after sometime of falling, so according to me it is good to hold as investment is all about holding and waiting.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
September 11, 2018, 02:10:30 PM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
Absolutely agree with you. Not HODL is actual for any period of time and any conditions of cryptocurrencies market. It is better even to sell asset with loses and rebuy another something according to technical analysis. IMHO in such you will be able to get profit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 11:55:40 AM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Of course holding something without any goal or limit when to sell or buy out would cause you missed opportunity to sell high. Holding is not for everyone, some people hold for greater profit depends on the coin you hold. not all coin or token deserve to be hold. 
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
September 11, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
HODLers will definitely get their well deserved rewards soon, but if you want to be more efficient you should learn TA and risk management and if you have skills for it you can increase your bagholdings exponentially and reap much bigger rewards! Wink
Activity: 90
Merit: 21
September 11, 2018, 10:55:37 AM
people who have bought bitcoin on february lows still have the same price.... Bitcoin market cap still the same 100B while altcoins market cap is sinking away, dropped from 230B to 85B.
HODL
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
September 11, 2018, 04:11:25 AM
In the bear market you can always trade to accumulate more.  This does not mean you are not holding.  Sell at 20% peak and buy back lower.  Bear market is always a good time to accumulate your favourite coins/tokens.
You're right its a good time to accumulate coins that has potential since majority are in dips. Trading in bear market is risky and requires enough knowledge thus hodling is a good option in times like this.

I've been holding my coins for a year now and since then I made a huge gains through it, for me holding doesnt mean you will only hodl for long period and wont take profit when there's a chance. But for downtrend market like this its better to hodl to avoid losing because its quite risky.
Yes I agree o that hodle really depend on the market. If the market is in a status of huge dip maybe that was a good time to hodle, while if the market is in a high price status or maybe in a high volume we can maybe sell our holdings to earn a profit. So then I believe that hodle is always depend on the market status.
Merit: 0
September 11, 2018, 03:30:07 AM
I agree with you, my only HODL cryptocurrency is only bitcoin, I have sold all other altcoins! Because they have no practical use value!
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
September 11, 2018, 03:15:43 AM
In the bear market you can always trade to accumulate more.  This does not mean you are not holding.  Sell at 20% peak and buy back lower.  Bear market is always a good time to accumulate your favourite coins/tokens.
You're right its a good time to accumulate coins that has potential since majority are in dips. Trading in bear market is risky and requires enough knowledge thus hodling is a good option in times like this.

I've been holding my coins for a year now and since then I made a huge gains through it, for me holding doesnt mean you will only hodl for long period and wont take profit when there's a chance. But for downtrend market like this its better to hodl to avoid losing because its quite risky.
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
September 11, 2018, 02:57:04 AM
If money was invested in the long term, then why sell at the time of the fall? The rise in prices of crypto currency always exceeds its fall.
The feeling that the author is new to the crypto currency. And he certainly thinks that now his calls will collapse the market. But it looks so stupid.
This is hilarious from your side. In my opinion, the market can not collapse with a single word. I would say that there is no other way to reduce or escape the loss that can be countered by the fall in the price of the coins you hold. The helps a lot because holding the coins till the market recovers give away more in return than what you might earn if the money had been placed in a bank account.
Activity: 588
Merit: 104
September 10, 2018, 07:57:52 PM
HODLing is advisable when you have TOP coins and have no time or knowledge for trading.
In fact holding can be very dangerous on bearish market.
It is better to short your coins  and avoid losing your investment.
Activity: 262
September 10, 2018, 07:00:47 PM
One cannot complete say holding crypto currency is not good because a lot of people has made huge sum of money from holding their coins over a period of time while others must have lost while holding at a wrong time. For me, the time to buy and hold for a period of time is now.

Today's price is undervalued as we come close for the previous ATH from late summer.
The fact is that the technology block chain is even very much in demand even today, so the Crypto currency also has good potential in the future. Proceeding from this, it is possible to say with certainty that the crypto-currency market is stabilizing unambiguously.

Partly you're right mate, there's a stabilized situation happening with crypto so if they said it's not good to hodle then why new comers were coming in right now? I didn't have confidence on some ideas given by people here, and all I can say for this situation we should be steady and calm for the asset we have so that we'll be able to survive with current struggles we had.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
September 10, 2018, 05:07:58 PM

The fact is that the technology block chain is even very much in demand even today, so the Crypto currency also has good potential in the future. Proceeding from this, it is possible to say with certainty that the crypto-currency market is stabilizing unambiguously.

That is right, maybe it is not really advisable for those who are not willing to take risk to hodl their investment, but to a short term or long term investment, as it is not fine to take risk if you are still in doubt or not willing to, and if you will hodl you need to at least wait couple of months for  your investment to grow.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
September 10, 2018, 03:27:03 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 251
September 10, 2018, 11:53:24 AM
for those who have little knowledge about crypto currency trading, of course with holding is their final choice, because they still believe in the principle of buying low prices and selling at high prices, and they are greedy to get big profits by continuing to hold their coins

well, I guess holding is depend I think in the coins we hold. But most of the time Holding coins in a long terms was always good methods for those who have a bit doubt in the coins they hold. Though most coins/altcoins now are undervalued or declined situation. But it still good hold just be patience and time will come for sure we can achieve what we are waiting for isn't right.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
September 10, 2018, 11:43:18 AM
for those who have little knowledge about crypto currency trading, of course with holding is their final choice, because they still believe in the principle of buying low prices and selling at high prices, and they are greedy to get big profits by continuing to hold their coins
It is the opposite, those that choose to hold their coins are doing it because they understand very clearly that trading your coins can be profitable but the chances of being one of those people that make profits out of this market are very low, so instead of taking the incredibly risky path of trading they choose the safer and more secure path of holding and making profits that way.
Merit: 21
September 10, 2018, 11:27:52 AM

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
September 09, 2018, 01:36:46 PM
Activity: 396
September 09, 2018, 01:06:57 PM
everyone has their own beliefs and choices, so we can't sense situations and choices because whatever, if they play to sell at a low price then that is their decision, and I see many people who can't hold patiently and that is wrong decision
If it's like you say that each person has their own beliefs  and choices  , then creating this forum is not  helpful and the topic is getting  redundant.The advice given to the newbie is very necessary and I think we should encourage it.
Activity: 443
September 09, 2018, 12:46:30 PM
Right now users who are in need of money there is no more holding. It is always advised to exchange to the requirement, as the price keeps falling. This time each and every expertise predictions were outlawed, leading to a massive blow of the market. Who has the ability to hold longer time period HODL is good.

At present buying is more favorable as market has slump so you can easily buy 1 btc in 6200$ where till last couple of days back it was at 7.2k and above. So you are getting a discount of 1000$ straight way on just 1 btc. So start buying at this fall.

Yes it would be the most logical thing to do, but now people who planned to buy when bitcoin is low fear it might go even lower and they loose more. Buy low sell high is as simple as it gets but the human mind is full of traps that make you blind for the obvious.
Pages:
Jump to: