Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 13. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
September 09, 2018, 11:44:15 AM
It all depends on the context of what you mean. Holding is good only when you know when to sell and when to hold. Holding without knowing when to sell isn't so cool as well. You must know when to sell and when to hold
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
September 09, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
everyone has their own beliefs and choices, so we can't sense situations and choices because whatever, if they play to sell at a low price then that is their decision, and I see many people who can't hold patiently and that is wrong decision
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
September 09, 2018, 09:16:48 AM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

if you dont know how to enter and exit on a market, just follow the simpliest rule. buy low and sell high this includes hodling and waiting for your coin to go up. hodling is like patience its a virtue.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 09, 2018, 09:08:22 AM
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

It depends on the situation of the market. We should know when to buy and when to sell depending on the market flow. If the market situation is in dip or red, holding is advisable. When the market is in green and all the prices are good, it is better to sell and buy when the prices are low.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 09, 2018, 06:43:21 AM
Right now users who are in need of money there is no more holding. It is always advised to exchange to the requirement, as the price keeps falling. This time each and every expertise predictions were outlawed, leading to a massive blow of the market. Who has the ability to hold longer time period HODL is good.

At present buying is more favorable as market has slump so you can easily buy 1 btc in 6200$ where till last couple of days back it was at 7.2k and above. So you are getting a discount of 1000$ straight way on just 1 btc. So start buying at this fall.

Or you don't need to buy 1 full BTC if you don't have the needed funds at the moment. What you can do is buy in small portions and that's it. You wouldn't even noticed that you have already save 1 BTC and then hold. I wouldn't say that HODL is not advisable because people with no trading experience will agree that this is the best method, no risk, just mentally strong to hodl during panic crash of the market.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
September 09, 2018, 06:18:27 AM
Here, many have a situation that they are forced to HODL - coins were bought at a high price and now the price has fallen very much. There is nothing to wait for the return of the price, otherwise there will be a big loss. Many people are waiting for the return of prices to the previous level - at least bitcoin up to $ 10,000. Perhaps this will happen soon - maybe not this year, it's hard to say. In occasion of reception HODL-a true decision in some cases-but is more correct when means in a turn.
Activity: 368
Merit: 100
September 09, 2018, 05:31:46 AM
Yea, totally. You can lose a lot of opportunities by holding a bag that can went 2-3-5x and go back in price. If you share some vids that helped you that would be nice btw
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
September 09, 2018, 05:14:30 AM
Well, I am not against speculation but honestly believe that we should give first preference to use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency as a payment system instead of looking at it as a speculation instrument in the first place. As of now, I am holding 50% of the funds and spending rest 50% funds as I believe that the movement is a growth. The early adopters spent their funds as a payment instrument and then only cryptocurrencies gained value. Now, it is our responsibility to do the same as our contribution to the growth of this innovation & industry.

If wishes were horses, beggars might right. As I'm inclined to think, many of us would be happy to use crypto as a means of payment (though probably not Bitcoin), but there is no real benefit in that, only expenses. For example, you can order a Bitcoin payment card, so you can kinda pay with crypto for your everyday needs. So far so good. But the fees you will have to pay as well exchange rates make this whole idea not very attractive overall. It would be nice if sellers and merchants accepted crypto directly, but they are few and far in between. Nowadays, you can pay directly with crypto only to people like us who are genuinely interested in cryptocurrencies. But one swallow does not make a summer.

Exactly! We don't have the crypto friendly market environment as of now in most of the cities around the world. However, the situation is gradually changing and I believe that we will see a better picture within next 5 to 10 years where we will be able to use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without converting into any other currency. Technically, it doesn't make any sense even if I am using crypto enabled debit card because, at the end of the day, nothing extraordinary is going to happen other than just the conversion of crypto to fiat.

And we won't have such an environment unless and until the prices exchange rates become stable, and not stable as we understand it given the insane volatility of the crypto market but rather as the rest of the world sees it. In practice, it means that Bitcoin, Litecoin, whatever, should be more stable that the majority of fiat currencies which are now circulating inside the world economy. And they should be so stable long enough for merchants to start trusting them as a valid means of payment. I don't think it is ever possible, at least not until most coins have flown into the real economy.

This is an apparent chicken-and-egg problem in itself. Merchants won't accept crypto due to its high volatility but this volatility won't go away until merchants start to accept crypto. And it doesn't look like this paradox is going to be resolved soon.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
September 09, 2018, 04:37:50 AM
Well, I am not against speculation but honestly believe that we should give first preference to use Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency as a payment system instead of looking at it as a speculation instrument in the first place. As of now, I am holding 50% of the funds and spending rest 50% funds as I believe that the movement is a growth. The early adopters spent their funds as a payment instrument and then only cryptocurrencies gained value. Now, it is our responsibility to do the same as our contribution to the growth of this innovation & industry.

If wishes were horses, beggars might right. As I'm inclined to think, many of us would be happy to use crypto as a means of payment (though probably not Bitcoin), but there is no real benefit in that, only expenses. For example, you can order a Bitcoin payment card, so you can kinda pay with crypto for your everyday needs. So far so good. But the fees you will have to pay as well exchange rates make this whole idea not very attractive overall. It would be nice if sellers and merchants accepted crypto directly, but they are few and far in between. Nowadays, you can pay directly with crypto only to people like us who are genuinely interested in cryptocurrencies. But one swallow does not make a summer.

Exactly! We don't have the crypto friendly market environment as of now in most of the cities around the world. However, the situation is gradually changing and I believe that we will see a better picture within next 5 to 10 years where we will be able to use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without converting into any other currency. Technically, it doesn't make any sense even if I am using crypto enabled debit card because, at the end of the day, nothing extraordinary is going to happen other than just the conversion of crypto to fiat.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
September 09, 2018, 02:39:34 AM
Right now users who are in need of money there is no more holding. It is always advised to exchange to the requirement, as the price keeps falling. This time each and every expertise predictions were outlawed, leading to a massive blow of the market. Who has the ability to hold longer time period HODL is good.

At present buying is more favorable as market has slump so you can easily buy 1 btc in 6200$ where till last couple of days back it was at 7.2k and above. So you are getting a discount of 1000$ straight way on just 1 btc. So start buying at this fall.

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101
September 09, 2018, 02:35:52 AM
In my personal opinion, why is HODL now is not advisable, it refers to the current market conditions, namely where the trend is down and the market is bleeding. Regarding not having trading experience, laziness or so is because on the person not because of HODL. For example, I often do HODL, but I also often monitor the market looking for information and so on, because my principle is that I don't want to leave any information and want to continue to know the market situation as a step to making a portfolio.
Activity: 462
Merit: 515
September 09, 2018, 02:03:33 AM

My friend, perhaps you should know that although trading may be one of the most profitable businesses that exist, not everyone has the skills, knowledge or personality characteristics appropriate to engage in trading. The historical statistics are strong in this regard, showing more than 90% failures among those who decided to try their luck in trading.

On the other hand, we can not disqualify the "hodl" as a bad strategy or a lack of intrinsic capacity. We must be aware that the crypto market is just in an initial phase of expansion and the possibilities are immense, it is only a matter of time for good cryptocurrencies like bitcoin to reach levels that will surprise you in a couple of years.

As much as I want your words to be true or come true in the nearest future, that tale about "crypto market being just in an initial phase of expansion and the possibilities are immense" I heard many years ago. And somehow I think that when this market is about to bite the dust (I sincerely hope this day will never come, though), some or even a lot of people will continue to repeat this mantra. The truth is we don't know if the market is actually in the initial phase or it is already past its prime.

Regarding your other point, if trading is one of the most profitable businesses out there, how come that the absolute majority of traders are still losing in the end as you yourself point out? Yes, it may be highly profitable to the ones who can milk the market in one way or another, but they are few and far in between. The rest is just cannon fodder for them that they feed on.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
September 08, 2018, 06:56:00 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
September 08, 2018, 04:36:47 PM

My friend, perhaps you should know that although trading may be one of the most profitable businesses that exist, not everyone has the skills, knowledge or personality characteristics appropriate to engage in trading. The historical statistics are strong in this regard, showing more than 90% failures among those who decided to try their luck in trading.

On the other hand, we can not disqualify the "hodl" as a bad strategy or a lack of intrinsic capacity. We must be aware that the crypto market is just in an initial phase of expansion and the possibilities are immense, it is only a matter of time for good cryptocurrencies like bitcoin to reach levels that will surprise you in a couple of years.
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 08, 2018, 04:12:04 PM

Not everyone has the time to trade actively. And also not everyone has the skill, the beauty of cryptocurrency is that it provides an option for everyone to learn, participate and earn.
It's not being lazy, is just choosing what us convinient and setting your priorities.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
September 08, 2018, 03:26:05 PM
You may have a point but I do not agree when you say that HODL is not advisable. HODL is proven effective by so many experienced crypto fanatics, even expert traders. So I guess HODL is advisable to a certain extent. To demonstrate it to you the importance of HODL, you may just take a look at the previous year. Take a look at Bitcoin, Ethereum, LiteCoin, and other solid coins.

If you are not very confident with day trading, just HODL.   

I agree with this statement, in trading you can loose a lot of money very quickly. If you hodl you only have paper losses, unless you get to the stage of panic and selling low because of the (often irrational) fear to loose everything.
Activity: 29
September 08, 2018, 04:25:21 AM
oftentimes keeping is a better option than you promoting in a loss making deal because of volatility we realize it will fall or crash however then it will also rise. It does require some time to upward push and if you may preserve for that duration nothing find it irresistible because bull run can be without a doubt brief and assist us to make money.
Activity: 149
September 07, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
With the current situation we do not know when the btc's price will increase, so the holding may be very little profit and the money spent to be able to use one or several btc is not small. With this money you can participate in trading, if not too much luckless .I'm sure the profit will be much better.
Activity: 224
September 07, 2018, 01:32:54 PM
One of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges Bittrex in the USA has entered into a partnership agreement with a FINTECH company to launch a digital asset trading platform in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Activity: 364
September 07, 2018, 01:26:42 PM

Holding is a must at the moment because the market price is currently dumping and that is the reason why you should invest a huge amount today.
Pages:
Jump to: