Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 22. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
August 25, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
For me, it depends upon the situation. If you need money badly and your token pumps even in 2-3 sats then sell for it, but if you are willing to wait and you want big profit just HODL.
Thats right dude, you have to be happy with the situation, holding is not the main choice especially if the coin you buy has a signal to continue to weaken or you need money for the needs of your life then selling is the right choice, adjust to market conditions and yourself
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
August 25, 2018, 09:20:20 PM
Holding is one of the best strategies applied by many inorder to reduce the level of risks and losses. However, it does not mean it works for everyone. Each of us has to find our own strategy and not to depend much on others. There are tendencies that others strategies may or may not work for you, so it's very important to do own research, be observant, be informed, and be updated. Don't be afraid to fail, take every good and bad experience as the chance to grow and be productive.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2018, 07:36:17 PM
Based on my experience HODL doesn't always give good results, there are only a few coins/tokens that I HODL. I won’t HODL uncertain coins too long, I’d better follow the market's flow.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 12:17:57 PM
There are two different things that is happening in the cryptoworld. There are traders and there are  those also who are treating bitcoin as investment. Traders do not hold position rather they transact and look for lower altcoins that if bought will give them more volume with a little fund. The altcoin they will trade off once the price increases. While those that are investing are those that will hold to sell when the market value of bitcoin improves from their entry point.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
August 25, 2018, 12:09:56 PM
the correct term is "bag hold" not "hold" these two are different.

You know, one may find out too late that he became from HODLer, bagholder. And sometimes even altcoins worth HODLing. Of course, very few altcoins...
For me holding is really an amazing thing, as now it is good time to buy but at the same time selling will be a bad thing, since long experts has been advising us all to hold our coin and not to sell it at growing time, still not too late price is increasing more and more I am sure soon price of bitcoin will be more than double, holding will give us plenty of profit so try your luck and get good amount of profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 01:01:17 PM
I agree about the fact that anything that is too much is bad,
but about hodling is a bad idea, I don't think so. tell that to
the ones who bought BTCitcoin in 2011
Activity: 98
August 24, 2018, 10:27:55 AM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
yeah you're very right Smiley, but I still hold my assets because I'm stuck, I buy assets with prices up and now the price of assets goes down Cool, someone please help me, Please help me, i'm stuck hehe... Cheesy,
but I did not give up waiting for asset prices to recover, Wink Kiss
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 10:14:44 AM
If you don't believe in HODL then maybe you should take a look at those who HODL on their Bitcoin that they bought way back 2015 or maybe we can go back 2 years ago. 2 years ago August 2016, price of Bitcoin is just around $500 USD, Bitcoin is now traded at $6,400 USD, thats 1,100% profits in just 2 years. They HODL thats why they are rich by now.
Yes, I repeat, it is past and past events, it is a time when many people do not know about bitcoin, even bitcoin's reputation is very low and not outstanding, and of course, good and new technology, space for development is great, and bitcoin has achieved that quickly. The holding will be most effective, but the situation is not the same now, grows too fast and has reached the limit, it has no chance to break through, it can only be maintained at that level
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
August 24, 2018, 09:36:15 AM
Why should you be afraid to HOLD too many coins, everyone has a different way and not all are experienced in trading
Activity: 60
August 24, 2018, 08:54:47 AM
For me, it depends upon the situation. If you need money badly and your token pumps even in 2-3 sats then sell for it, but if you are willing to wait and you want big profit just HODL.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
August 24, 2018, 08:51:10 AM
Actually, every trader must not trade and every trader must not HODL. you need to choose what works best for you in this industry and stick to it. I have had instances where holding was a better alternative for me. It all boils down to what works for you
Activity: 364
August 24, 2018, 05:37:16 AM
Sorry, Bro. I don't agree with you. According to your post, you may be a good trader (just guess). I think you know this cryptocurrency market is too volatile and I hope you know about volatile means. However, every trader knows the volatile market is very risky for trading. And you said HODL man don't have knowledge about trading, it's not good. I will say HODL patient and opposite man is impatient.

Yes , this person is probably not a good trader, because holding is necessary in order to earn profit since the market price is not always increasing.
Activity: 630
August 24, 2018, 03:24:30 AM
Everything require balance in cryptocurrency.  Holding too late might be as terrible as selling too quickly.  I therefore say you should not hold indefinitely your coin.  You must schedule timing no matter what the cryptocurrency market situation is to dispose some coin!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 101
August 24, 2018, 03:22:46 AM
I agree that the walk is very long it does not always lead to big profits. No need to be greedy, you should periodically fix and cash out finances, or buy other assets)
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
August 24, 2018, 02:58:33 AM
If you don't believe in HODL then maybe you should take a look at those who HODL on their Bitcoin that they bought way back 2015 or maybe we can go back 2 years ago. 2 years ago August 2016, price of Bitcoin is just around $500 USD, Bitcoin is now traded at $6,400 USD, thats 1,100% profits in just 2 years. They HODL thats why they are rich by now.

I do believed in HODL back that year. My opinion is for the current situation of the market because it was been 5 months and still bearish, so how would you make profit if you buried your investment for such a long time? If your investment capital is ready to sleep there for 10 years well you can hodl it. Again that suggestion is for the current situation of the market.
Activity: 714
August 24, 2018, 01:17:58 AM
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

I agree, with these current market performance in which the price is fluctuating then it is really tough to just rely on holding because the price is really unpredictable. This current market situation will not favor the long term invesment anymore but it should favor the short term and the day traders in which holding is not an option.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
August 24, 2018, 01:05:57 AM
Sorry, Bro. I don't agree with you. According to your post, you may be a good trader (just guess). I think you know this cryptocurrency market is too volatile and I hope you know about volatile means. However, every trader knows the volatile market is very risky for trading. And you said HODL man don't have knowledge about trading, it's not good. I will say HODL patient and opposite man is impatient.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
August 24, 2018, 12:49:08 AM
If you are a trader you are not going to make money by holding,the HODL means holding your cryptos with patience.Holding the coin can be good if it is very long term like in years imagine the price of bitcoin was under $1000 in the beginning of 2017 but now it is around $6500 so you can make 650% profits by holding which is not enough for you?

Why don't hold?  If that is the only way to avoid losing money, hold is not only for making profit, it is also for the people who buy at the high price and now facing losing money, if you continue holding your coin in this situation then you will be safe for the lost of your money .
I am just saying about the traders and trading,you can't make money in tradingif you are not moving your funds but by holding we can save our capital amount.But as a trader we still can make money from price fall too like converting the coins to the stable coins or to the coin where the prices increasing.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
August 24, 2018, 12:02:44 AM

Lol, as if trading doesnt have the risks of  lossing your invested funds. Its easy to say such things specially when you didnt experienced how frustrating trading is, most specially when youre just starting up.
I guess youre hodling method didnt went very well. Hodling doesnt even mean youre not selling it, youre referering to the word "hold" literally. 
I guess youre just overwhelemed to the fact that trading is profitable, but ofcourse when youre doing it right.
Here's an important word to ponder, "Patience". I can see you dont have enough patience in hodling method, how much more when youre trading. Trading doesnt only requires great patience, but also composure, emotional control, and know-how.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
August 23, 2018, 11:12:15 PM
Not everyone having coins could be termed as traders.Traders are a separate sector who in-turn have two sections,day traders and just traders who don't trade much frequently.So holders are usually long term holders who just don't mind about fluctuations frequently occuring in the market and even they contribute much for the stability of crypto coins prices.So don't ever say that HODL is not good.
Pages:
Jump to: