Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 23. (Read 4434 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
August 23, 2018, 11:07:42 PM
If you don't believe in HODL then maybe you should take a look at those who HODL on their Bitcoin that they bought way back 2015 or maybe we can go back 2 years ago. 2 years ago August 2016, price of Bitcoin is just around $500 USD, Bitcoin is now traded at $6,400 USD, thats 1,100% profits in just 2 years. They HODL thats why they are rich by now.
Activity: 859
Merit: 251
August 23, 2018, 10:56:55 PM
Hodl is ok for crypto or Bitcoin as long as you're betting on long term investment like 10 years.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
August 23, 2018, 10:24:11 PM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Maybe you have a good point on whats you means of your statements thats in crypto community  must learn the basic trading fundamentals,and maybe some all of us we already know about this process,otherwise hodl is important also,so that you can learn how to control and being patience to our  investment,when time that  market is bad,especialy now that market is in bearish situation,therefore in order to survive we must learn to hodl,and listen or nodded the situation in our own self instinct.
Activity: 504
August 23, 2018, 09:36:31 PM
it is true that hold reduces our experience to trade, hold only buy and wait for prices to rise high and not see analysis.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
August 23, 2018, 08:19:12 PM
Agree. So many people are victim of HODL, they are now crying because they hold so much, specially when you bought at the peak and then you decided to hold for long term, but until now, you don't have choice but to hold because you are at the loss and it is much better than to sell at loss.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
August 23, 2018, 07:45:14 PM
People should only hodl until it is profitable to sell. It's that simple. When I first started buying coins, I was told to keep hodling through the pumps and dumps. That was stupid advice because I could've made a lot of money by selling during the pumps. I won't be making that mistake again.

Now that is perfect answer to the HODL strategy here. Off courser you get the profits when you hold because our intention is to hold the crypto currencies until the time they get spiked and thus we will only sell during those period and making no loss at all.

I think it is but obvious but dont really know why OP is confused about the HODL strategy and saying that its not advisable. IMO saw someone with that attitude for the first time who went against the HODL strategy.  Wink
Activity: 961
Merit: 110
SweetBet.com
August 23, 2018, 07:41:33 PM
People should only hodl until it is profitable to sell. It's that simple. When I first started buying coins, I was told to keep hodling through the pumps and dumps. That was stupid advice because I could've made a lot of money by selling during the pumps. I won't be making that mistake again.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
August 23, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Do enlightenment of crypto traders. Make them all learn the basics of trading. They just invented the hold, in order to hide their ignorance. The author, I suggest you contact the appropriate authorities, in order that all crypto traders are required to take trading courses!

Grin Grin Grin

P.S. In post, you need to temper your ardor. You can just express your opinion. No one likes that you impose your opinion
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
August 23, 2018, 06:50:30 PM
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
You can see that the market is in a bear market in the long run, bitcoin prices are constantly fluctuating and adjusting very strongly, so to be able to trade successfully is very difficult, if you hold the risk will be very high if bitcoin prices continue to fall sharply and can not recover. You can only hold when the market is rising.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
August 23, 2018, 06:19:41 PM
That basics that you want to tell us is to buy low and sell high, so of course you have to hold it if the market is in bear trend. A traders can do different strategy of trading even if the market is on bear trend but it requires them to invest in more altcoins rather than a single or two tokens. This is to diversify their investments if the market is declining most of their prices.
Activity: 350
August 23, 2018, 06:17:25 PM
In this bearish market HODL is not advisable as a trading strategy. It is only  those that don't know any strategy to profit from the market that advocate HODL. It is better to trade your than hold while the market keep going down.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 06:03:15 PM
Have you thought about trying depth chart analysis? I discovered it recently and it allows you to view short-term sentiment and momentum, and then trade off it. I am now making 1-2% consistently on the majority of my trades, getting in and out quickly. Losses are contained when the market moves against you.

The discord community I learned this from are great. Check it out: Join Voodoo Crypto Discord

Any questions, let me know!
Activity: 31
Merit: 5
August 23, 2018, 05:34:02 PM
HODL is not advisable !? Are you serious?  Roll Eyes

When the market situation gets worse, when cryptocurrency prices are lower than when you buy, I think the HODL is the sanest of action than selling and losing your money.  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
August 23, 2018, 05:23:50 PM
Lazy? Really? Does HODL really meant like that to you?
Have you imagined what if no one HODL's bitcoin as an example?

Will you really see this kind of price and also will this altcoin be created if they did not see bitcoin grew like this.
You might want to rethink on what you are saying.
Give thanks to those who hodl for they are the courageous ones who believed in the technology and not just money which you are referring too.

It is not being lazy. You are just too greedy to want fast money in your pockets.
I agree, that was a strong statement though, holding is still advisable though, because you have no choice but to hold, because you'll really suffer a big loss once you sell, I agree that it was thanks to people who's still holding and giving faith to Bitcoin, I'm surprised that the price where Bitcoin is stable is really high, and most of the people are complaining with that. If you're endorsing some post like this, then you're making the market suffer more, this post might influence some people to sell, and that will lead to a loss again to the market that's just recovering.

There are many opportunities in crypto, whether it is long time investing, trading, education (ie coding) and you can do this in many different shape and forms...so it's pretty pointless tovtalk other people into your style, everyone needs to develop their own one.
Activity: 364
August 23, 2018, 02:24:55 PM
Crypto currency is intended not only for retention for profit or trade purposes. The main purpose of crypto currency is an alternative payment system to the currently existing currency. Therefore, it is not necessary that all holders of the crypto currency learn to trade it on the exchange. Not everyone is given it and not everyone needs it. In addition, not everyone will have enough time to trade. In general - to trade or not, this is a private matter for everyone.
Activity: 696
August 23, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
I think this hodling is very good if you know that the crypto that you are hodling have the potential on gaining high value in the long run. If you know what ETH or BTC is, they had very low value back then, the price of bitcoin in 2009 was less than 1 dollar or we can say that the price of bitcoin in early months of 2017 was only ranging 800-1300 dollars, also ETH`s value was only 8-200 dollars. So how can you say that hodling has no good outcome? Those who hodl potential coins back then are now rich.
Activity: 262
August 23, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
If you are a trader you are not going to make money by holding,the HODL means holding your cryptos with patience.Holding the coin can be good if it is very long term like in years imagine the price of bitcoin was under $1000 in the beginning of 2017 but now it is around $6500 so you can make 650% profits by holding which is not enough for you?

Why don't hold?  If that is the only way to avoid losing money, hold is not only for making profit, it is also for the people who buy at the high price and now facing losing money, if you continue holding your coin in this situation then you will be safe for the lost of your money .
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
August 23, 2018, 01:33:48 PM
If you are a trader you are not going to make money by holding,the HODL means holding your cryptos with patience.Holding the coin can be good if it is very long term like in years imagine the price of bitcoin was under $1000 in the beginning of 2017 but now it is around $6500 so you can make 650% profits by holding which is not enough for you?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
August 23, 2018, 01:26:48 PM
Lazy? Really? Does HODL really meant like that to you?
Have you imagined what if no one HODL's bitcoin as an example?

Will you really see this kind of price and also will this altcoin be created if they did not see bitcoin grew like this.
You might want to rethink on what you are saying.
Give thanks to those who hodl for they are the courageous ones who believed in the technology and not just money which you are referring too.

It is not being lazy. You are just too greedy to want fast money in your pockets.
I agree, that was a strong statement though, holding is still advisable though, because you have no choice but to hold, because you'll really suffer a big loss once you sell, I agree that it was thanks to people who's still holding and giving faith to Bitcoin, I'm surprised that the price where Bitcoin is stable is really high, and most of the people are complaining with that. If you're endorsing some post like this, then you're making the market suffer more, this post might influence some people to sell, and that will lead to a loss again to the market that's just recovering.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 01:10:30 PM
Not everyone has and needs to be a trader so your conclusion is a bit nonsense in my opinion. The only thing that is wrong in my opinion is selling at losses and entering any investment on FOMO.
Pages:
Jump to: