Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 18. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 805
Merit: 250
September 01, 2018, 04:17:25 AM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
We can't push others to risk their money into trading field. Yes, you have said that not all of us are knowledgeable enough with that and might be prefer holding for safe keep. But this strategic way isn't good at this time since market isn't growing and we only get nothing if we don't do anything just like trading.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
September 01, 2018, 03:49:25 AM
Grin That shows the level at which a lot of newbies just want to get rich quickly in this market. Maybe they should ask what those who have been holding since around 2010 has passed through in the market movement and someone who just came yesterday feels he or she is entitled to the moon.
This is the reason why they raise their expectations too high for silly reasons and then get frustrated at the end. If they cannot withstand it, like I always say, they should go learn how to trade but also have to understand there is no shortcut to trading as that can make them lose more if they do it without knowledge.

A lot of people came into crypto when the bull market was in it's final stages, they were primarily attracted by the price increases, less so about the technology. Quite understandable that many panic. If you sit on a large amount of coins and haven't researched them properly, it's not a nice situation to be in...especially not in a bear market.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
August 31, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Hold for a newbies is very advisable due to they are on learning stage yet, But telling hold is not advisable, I think it is not a good idea. Because

most of the community who got earned here was because they hold some of their coins patiently. Particularly now is the right time to hold some

coins you have then if you have some capital to buy a potential coins were it got dumped then hold and wait til it rise up again.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
August 31, 2018, 10:30:51 AM
I think keeping long term coin is good, especially for newbies with little investment experience. Crypto will have a bright future, I am sure so. Keeping good coin in the long run will reduce the risk and bring great profits.
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
August 31, 2018, 09:51:07 AM
Yes you're right but not in all coin specially bitcoin. But for this situation of dip. I rather prefer holding my altcoin or bitcoin because i bought some of my crypto's in a high price.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
August 31, 2018, 09:30:59 AM
Certainly, anything you do too much, you are bound to have the regrets. The same applies to holding. You must always know when to sell off and this warrants you to learn technical analysis to be sure when the trend in the market is going against you. Hold but know when to sell off.

Many times holding is a better option than you selling in a loss making deal because of volatility we know it will fall or crash but then it will also rise.  It does require some time to rise and if you can hold for that period nothing like it because bull run can be really quick and help us to make money.
Activity: 524
August 31, 2018, 09:21:38 AM
Grin That shows the level at which a lot of newbies just want to get rich quickly in this market. Maybe they should ask what those who have been holding since around 2010 has passed through in the market movement and someone who just came yesterday feels he or she is entitled to the moon.
This is the reason why they raise their expectations too high for silly reasons and then get frustrated at the end. If they cannot withstand it, like I always say, they should go learn how to trade but also have to understand there is no shortcut to trading as that can make them lose more if they do it without knowledge.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
August 30, 2018, 07:35:44 AM
The HODLING Bitcoin can be advisable. Look at how deep the altcoins has fallen, but BTC is still staying on the levels about $6500. Don't HODL an altcoins but trade them, because these coins can be go down even lower than today.

To be honest, I also prefer to trade. When an investor is HODLING, he/she is usually very nervous if the crypto exchange markets turn red. So sell high and buy low, and don't worry about the red colors of the prices.
Activity: 546
August 30, 2018, 06:27:54 AM
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
But it ends on holding again. It does not mean that you are holding your coins that you have, you can play it with the market. Just like you said, scalping can be a strategy for us to get higher amount of hold tokens. I believe that trading is a matter of strategy and always end for hold, buy and sell depends upon the movement of the market.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
August 30, 2018, 06:04:08 AM

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading,

Telling everybody that dont do trading a no good is also a no good Cheesy

Looks like, you just entered lately in a crypto world bud

if you HODL a 10$ eth Jan 2017, say this again.. Cheesy

for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.

easy to say huh..

forgetting something, that you could also lose your money and couldn't gain any for trading than HODL

Haha right off. It should be noticed that even EOS if you hodl and have a good knowledge in trading you will gain so much. Hodling is also good but you should also plan when to exit and for how long. It really depends on the purpose.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 05:48:00 AM
Certainly, anything you do too much, you are bound to have the regrets. The same applies to holding. You must always know when to sell off and this warrants you to learn technical analysis to be sure when the trend in the market is going against you. Hold but know when to sell off.
Activity: 33
August 30, 2018, 04:27:35 AM
not all times, HOLD is also good, like for some people who is busy in their work they can go with trading day by day so they will hold it until gain big profit.
Activity: 322
August 30, 2018, 02:44:10 AM
I agree with this view. With the increase in holdings you will be able to achieve maximum profit. And we should adopt the business and the electronic money that we hold. Those who want to do that are first need to control the psychological stability of each transaction and transaction principles. Because the market simply puts a lot of pressure on the players, the investors are always psychologically FOMO or FUD to be attracted. That is really dangerous
Activity: 103
August 30, 2018, 02:16:29 AM
some people think that long-term investment without having to do a lot of trading activities is a burden on the mind and that is permissible for me.
Activity: 806
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 30, 2018, 02:03:04 AM
HODL is actually the best way when it comes into investing. You won't be investing into something and expect a big return without that project to even accomplished their goals. Most of these crypto projects are still trying to make a big impact in order to get utilized properly.
Activity: 395
August 30, 2018, 01:44:38 AM
In order to decide on long-term electronic holdings, we should explore the potential, the development of the currency and have to buy at cheap rates. If holdings will be valuable and profitable. When deciding to keep any password, we should plan to keep it and check how much it will achieve, when that goal is achieved and then sell all that coins.
Activity: 805
Merit: 26
August 30, 2018, 12:52:04 AM
Yeah! Being educated in cryptocurrency will help us to become profitable. In fact, many people have been successful through trading. But we will not become successful if we don't have knowledge and experience in trading. Lots of people are entering the trading market without knowing it all. In result, many people get lost their investment and turn off their interest in cryptocurrency because they did not know even small things here.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
August 30, 2018, 12:22:46 AM
There are many holders that know how to trade, and the reason they are holding at the moment is simply that the market is in terrible conditions, you are not going to earn a lot of money in this market if you are a trader, and the reason for that is when we were in the middle of the bull market it was very easy to gain profits for a trader, it was so easy that you could invest almost in any coin and earn money, but in this market it is almost impossible to find opportunities like that.
Activity: 336
August 29, 2018, 07:25:19 PM
You should not hold at this point and especially hold onto long term, you can see that the market is fluctuating continuously and is continuously declining dramatically in the last 7 months, it can be seen that despite altcoin prices are Strong recovery but bitcoin prices are facing strong resistance, so to be able to trade successfully at this time is very difficult, bitcoin prices will be able to drop sharply at any time.
Activity: 443
August 29, 2018, 06:38:05 PM
Based on my own experience HODL is not advisable when the market is on bear or downtrend because we dont know how dip is the bottom is. but when the market is bull or uptrend you can HODL your altcoins or bitcoin until you satisfy your greed that time you can take profit.

and also, you can hodl to the coins or projects even they go dip when you truly believe that their project is a game changer and you believe that you will make a lot of money in the long run.

Trading and HODLing is the same. you can win and lose either way. Smiley life is a gamble

Same here, during the bear market we see the values on the consistent decline, the longer the bear market lasts. And recent years have shown that a bear market lasts on average a year. People who came new to the game got wrecked the most as there was a strong perception that after a short break the bull run continues.
Pages:
Jump to: