Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 12. (Read 3626 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
July 03, 2018, 12:10:56 PM
It depends on you. If you have a good idea of the market, then you can do Day trading. Trading skills and experience are needed. Day trading is more profitable and more risks.
Low risk at HODL. Holding is better If you're not in a rush for profit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
July 03, 2018, 12:01:47 PM
The idea is to buy when prices fall and sell when prices rise. Selling at any time is up to you to find out and make sure it continues to grow. If you are not sure then sell immediately, but if you see the price will keep rising, then keep. I think we should not keep too long, it is easy to get stolen or lose money.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
July 03, 2018, 11:34:29 AM
Each person has his own method and choice. I'm not good at daily deals so I choose to hold
Activity: 406
July 03, 2018, 11:05:45 AM
Hodl vs day trading both is really good but it depends on which type of profit you want to make. However, if you trade daily you make have profit or lose depends on what the market is for that day. Also, if you hold your profit depends on time which you sell. Both are wonderful and profit depends on the end means.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
July 03, 2018, 10:35:23 AM
Both varies depending on the angle you are looking it at. They both pays too. Though some will always argue that one is better than the other but i say use which one that best works for you. HODL is a long term style of trading but have always been safer but now is kind of skewed. Day trading on the other hand needs you to learn or have TA skills at least to be able to understand trading signs then your good.
Activity: 528
Merit: 100
July 03, 2018, 08:27:50 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Day trading is not easy task because of the volatility of the cryptocurrencies. We should have a lot of stretegies and techniques that we can use in order to handle different situations.
Activity: 67
July 03, 2018, 06:29:18 AM
good thread.  Im trading on Bitmex. If you set it up to play safe then you can make some money.   The scary part is when you dont know what youre really doing (me) and you set 10x some buy orders and it keeps dipping til you get to this number where they wipe you out.  =) just my experience.
Activity: 308
July 03, 2018, 06:20:36 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
I believe day trading is the best choice at this point, it is very safe because of the very low transaction risk and helps you to handle every situation that may occur when bitcoin adjusts. You need to have a specific plan and always follow the bitcoin price, then transfer it to USD if you have earned a profit from the transaction to preserve the profit.
Activity: 166
July 02, 2018, 04:34:38 AM
Every way has a risk and I have to choose a way that is comfortable for myself. I practice Holdl and in daily trading and for me Holdl is rather profitable. Because I can lose money if the price will fall. But if I sell everything at a high level. I can buy more coins at lower levels. Of course I need to learn and know the current situation.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
July 02, 2018, 03:12:40 AM
With the current market situation its better to Hodl your coins, than to do Day trading. I saw a lot of people lose money because of Day trading because they are not really knowledgeable. If you are confident about your skills when it comes to Day Trading then do it. Be Careful and Be Vigilant about Day trading.
Agree, don't do day trading if you don't have enough knowledge with this skill. Maybe it is better to earn bitcoin and hold it or buy in a small amount of bitcoin like what we have right now and then hold it in a long-term before you sell it.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
July 02, 2018, 02:16:27 AM
I mostly believe in Hold. I think day trading is so risky in Cryptocurrency than other markets like stock or forex and more. Because we know that Cryptomarket is too volatile than others trading markets. So, I comfort on HOLD.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
July 02, 2018, 01:46:42 AM
Trading requires skill, or it requires someone you know who has skill. It has potential to be more profitable than holding, but not everybody can do it. It requires lots of time and skill. You need to be researching coins and using your brain for most of the day. I would suggest to stay clear of bots as these will tend to screw you in the end. I simply HODL, as I don't have time for trading, though I have on the odd occasion when a great opportunity arises. Unless you have almost a full day of free time, then you probably won't be able to dedicate the time needed for successful day trading.
Activity: 141
July 02, 2018, 12:41:59 AM
it seems like daily trading is more profitable than just holding assets or holding back capital you have, when you just hold your assets you do not seem to be able to capitalize on your trading capital and if you also will not be able to grow and make you rich.

It is profitable, long as you don't blow all your money on a silly mistake. I'll stick to HODLing, maybe when I can invest 10-20k in day-trading, then picking up the 0.5% makes sense
You will also do nothing in long term holding but you are right that holding can give you good profit due to increase in the price. But you are wrong that day trading is fun. Day trading is more profitable than holding if you have skills of good and right time trading. You can earn handsome money on daily basis if you give time to observe the market carefully.

Yeah of course day trading is more profitable than holding crypto in wallet. If you want to make huge money in less time then don’t hold your coins for long time and trade in them on daily basis. By this way you will be able to make thousands of dollars in the near future. If you don’t know how to trade affectively then just hold your coins for some time to make money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
June 24, 2018, 02:04:46 PM
in order to earn profits from cryptocurrency trading, we need to do both the activity Hodl and Day trading as per the market conditions we should respond
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
June 24, 2018, 12:46:35 PM
having trading experience before cryptocurrencies I can say that HODL is much more profitable in terms of nerves and money. but sometimes there are chances to come and go with a profit of 5-10%, why not? but only if confidence is 90%
Activity: 584
Merit: 100
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
June 24, 2018, 11:36:00 AM
it seems like daily trading is more profitable than just holding assets or holding back capital you have, when you just hold your assets you do not seem to be able to capitalize on your trading capital and if you also will not be able to grow and make you rich.

It is profitable, long as you don't blow all your money on a silly mistake. I'll stick to HODLing, maybe when I can invest 10-20k in day-trading, then picking up the 0.5% makes sense
You will also do nothing in long term holding but you are right that holding can give you good profit due to increase in the price. But you are wrong that day trading is fun. Day trading is more profitable than holding if you have skills of good and right time trading. You can earn handsome money on daily basis if you give time to observe the market carefully.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
June 19, 2018, 07:10:30 PM
With the current market situation its better to Hodl your coins, than to do Day trading. I saw a lot of people lose money because of Day trading because they are not really knowledgeable. If you are confident about your skills when it comes to Day Trading then do it. Be Careful and Be Vigilant about Day trading.
Activity: 294
June 19, 2018, 06:24:26 PM
I think that this hold time will be very dangerous, you can see that bitcoin prices are fluctuating and the market is in the down trend, so the trade will be more difficult. Bitcoin prices have continuously corrected and fallen since reaching $ 19800, I believe bitcoin prices will continue to fall further, so you should only trade short-term by day to reduce risk.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
June 19, 2018, 05:07:47 PM
These are different options, it all depends on your goals, the desire to spend time. Hodling is easier, but trading can bring more profit
Activity: 140
June 19, 2018, 09:03:38 AM
HODL is good, but of course you need to rebalance your portfolio often, like every week or so, it's very important. You take some profit back, to invest in something else. It's like that you can build a strong portfolio.
Pages:
Jump to: