Pages:
Author

Topic: Hodlers will not change the world - page 6. (Read 4457 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105
“The Future of Security Tokens”
September 14, 2018, 07:31:00 AM
Everybody is looking for themselves. You have to look for your best profit and act like in your best interest. If it is best for you and for many of us to hodl you will do so. What are those crazy sentence-Hodlers will not change the world-?!? And who would? I am not trying to save to world or to change it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
September 14, 2018, 07:26:48 AM
There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Bitcoin is a volatile crypto currency and more than that it is a kind of investment so both these factors are responsible for the flactuation in the valuation of bitcoin and the valuation varies according to market demand and supply so holding your coin in the time of deflation is the wise choice, keeping in mind that valuation will inflate in the future because of its volatile nature and obviously the bitcoin whales have the potential to change the bitcoin market other holders are here to make their profit.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
September 13, 2018, 12:07:22 AM
Who cares to change the world? If crypto/bitcoin I am holding gives good returns, that will be enough.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 11:59:28 PM
Indeed, the policies of the government are very important for the development of crypto currencies in the future so that holding assets cannot influence the world to continue to utilize crypto's existence as a mandatory payment instrument.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
September 12, 2018, 08:48:17 PM
Well, every investor or crypto user has a unique mode of operating in crypto. Some prefer to sell coins for short term to the extent of selling on daily basis - referred to as traders and day-traders respectively. Others prefer to buy more valuable coins and give them a long term goal - the HODLers.
Well, any of these mode is unique and can yield profit. HODLers contribute positively to the market by preventing further dumping of a coin especially during times of red market.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
September 12, 2018, 08:36:37 PM
I believe that holders are almost the equivalent to people who donate to charity. They are not really doing anything with their effort inside that particular cause, but they help with money - Which took them time and/or effort and/or more money to make.

It's truth that people who decide to support Bitcoin in different ways are doing a lot of short term good and we need more of them. If any of you want to run a node, you will be helping the Block chain network a lot, make sure to read the implications(costs) of it first: https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node

Mining is still too fast due to the rate and the huge amount of machines doing it. Holders can bring some degree of stabilization into the equation and as the amount of holders increase and the amount of mined Bitcoins over time decrease, then is when anybody will see what i mean.
Activity: 357
Merit: 10
September 12, 2018, 08:30:13 PM
Ya maybe,but they can change their life if their token will be pump or be success so if i was them that has some token and it has a big chance to success i will hold it too and wait until it pump.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
September 12, 2018, 06:13:16 PM
Most of the people suggest holding! Maybe they didn't know another word except for HOLD! Holders are not helpful anymore in this bearish situation, though everyone holding because they don't want to sell in loose! But the reality is if the holder starts selling at a high price, and the buyer will buy them. We need to buy and sell both to keep the balance of the crypto market, the only hold is not helpful now!
Activity: 114
Merit: 1
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol
September 12, 2018, 06:01:08 PM
So who will then change the world?  Dumpers?
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
September 12, 2018, 04:59:43 PM
The owners of large Bitcoins are known as "Whales" and they are increasingly becoming a concern of investors. They can make the price drop even though they sell a small amount of property. This can happen when Bitcoin prices have increased nearly 12 times compared to last year, sometimes close to $ 20,000. They will change the world and Bitcoin.
Activity: 218
September 12, 2018, 03:59:29 PM
Investors sometimes suffer defeat because dumper is ready to be sold at a low price without understanding that it will gradually break down prices and dismantle one's project. but I realize that I still believe in a project so now I hold it. Hodlers will win in the end.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 03:51:21 PM
I truly agree with you! I don't understand why holders believe in the long-term future of electronic money. Cryptomarket is very unstable, so if you had any money, they're shall to work for you, not be a dead weight.
copper member
Activity: 126
September 12, 2018, 02:16:10 PM
Even to run any market it is important to trade which simply means 2 activities selling and buying but in bitcoin market there are 3 functions buying,selling and holding of bitcoin but right now people are just holing the bitcoin but investors have to understand if they all just hold the bitcoin it will become difficult for market to recover back and it will only go down or might be bitcoin will vanish one day.So, investors please try to understand and start selling and purchasing of bitcoin to get the bitcoin on peak again.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503
September 12, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Your biased attitude towards crypto is very well understandable - it is your business and your own way of making money for living.
Anyway, we should say thanks for this yet another attempt to draw crypto out of the pattern where it's regarded only as an investment. Bitcoin definitely should be given a more widespread use in our daily lives.
Activity: 252
September 12, 2018, 01:39:56 PM
Possibly to some extent this challenge with your rates will be due to almost all those who find themselves pondering that they can keep and also almost everything can increase so they really can promote by way of a far better value in the foreseeable future.
Activity: 98
September 12, 2018, 01:21:28 PM
That's  true holders can't change the world but one thing is true holders change there world by holding there Bitcoin or tokens.
Activity: 176
Merit: 110
September 12, 2018, 01:21:20 PM
Possibly to some extent this challenge with your rates will be due to almost all those who find themselves pondering that they can keep and also almost everything can increase so they really can promote by way of a far better value in the foreseeable future.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
September 12, 2018, 01:08:54 PM
True, Hodlers will not change the world, but at least Holders changes their own world. just imagine, if those who buy Bitcoin at a price of $ 15,000 then they sell at the current price then they only get losses, Patience is very important in every effort, and Holders will surely prove the benefits of their patients.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
September 12, 2018, 12:57:22 PM
I completely agree that holders alone would increase the price of crypto. What crypto really needs are mass adoption. We need more people to invest and use cryptocurrencies in day to day life. Developers should also create a cryptocurrencies that have a real life use case.

It was the same realization i had. The hodlers might be able to increase the demand, but without utiization, cryptocurrencies won't have any value at all.

And regarding the last part of your post, luckily a lot of ICOs were launched to provide enough funds for practical real life use case. I myself was surprised seeing how innovative people have been when it concerns cryptocurrency.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 12, 2018, 08:12:05 AM
I agree with this statement. Yes the hodlers cannot chabge the world by letting earn much more on what they hold coins for future investments, but its their plan and we dont need.to be hesitate, we are all the same in making such way to earn although in different ways.
Agree with you and also with the OP statement but still here with the holding we can give lots of positivity to the people over the holidjngs , in this field most of the people are small trader and holders and only small numbers of the people are big earners and holder who holds assets , but here if a small negativity run in the market then that negativity results into big dump Because most of small holders sell Thier holding , and at another side of the big amount of assets holders will remain stable then in that case small holders get lots of positivity that if the big holders are positive then surely in that case why not we should hodlour small amount , Because our loss is small but loss of them ( high portfolio holders ) .
So a positivity works much better for us .
But still beside all these things we cans we that lots of negate news creater and Fuds are creater in this field who create Fuds , so it is not easy for the big holders to remain stable at Thier assets , Because I seen that many big hodlers also even are lossing Thier hope in the present time dump .
Pages:
Jump to: