Pages:
Author

Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere - page 46. (Read 6228 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 04:36:21 AM
I might dissagree, most icos like you said, that started at january suffered a big loss, but thats because there was a massive dip in the whole market and as bitcoin crashed everything followed, and the newest coins didnt have the liquidity to not suffer a big loss as well
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
May 10, 2018, 04:31:06 AM
Hold only good coins, don't hold shitcoins. If you don't sure that coin will go to the moon, don't hold it, sell it if price falling.
In january I bought 1ST for 1$ and sell it in february for 0.7$, now price is 0.38$. I loss money, but only 30%, not 60%.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
May 10, 2018, 04:27:50 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.
At some point. You're right but I have this one little experience. My friends have one coin named Auto from korean ICO. after releasing the coins it was growing so fast every hour at sometime one of them panicked he wants to trade the coin immediately then some are still holding at the end the ones who was holding fir so long lose about $200 for their thousands of coins.
Activity: 396
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com
May 10, 2018, 04:25:42 AM
holding will not get you nowhere. holding gives you an opportunity to earn high profit, and the demand that you are talking about will come when the project itself has a latest updates or plan that will make the price increase due to its demand.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
May 10, 2018, 04:11:33 AM
The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

And I would tell you that it depends on a coin that you are holding..
I am a bounty hunter so every altcoins that I am holding since last year were all earned through participating signature and other types of bounty campaigns but I choose to hold them no matter how the pumping and dumping is going on along the way whether the crypto market is in crisis or recovering.
What I know that is my crypto assets were increasing in price value and it's because I am holding.
When you dump your coins too soon, you'll never have  the chance to earn more and higher.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
May 04, 2018, 10:56:56 AM

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January

Pages:
Jump to: