Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold... Hold.... Hold.... Do not sell everything - page 3. (Read 5304 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Yes 100% agree with you. If you want to make some immediate profit than better sell some bitcoins and purchase again when it falls. In this way you would have made some profit and also you will get bitcoin at lower price.

Most of the elite in bitcoin are doing this, but there are some that are very unruly with it and selling out of their fear, and they would sell every drop of bitcoin in their wallet, and right now that August 1 is coming I think that unruly ones would still done this thing and sell all their bitcoin before the impending split, well at first I am thinking the same thing to do before the split will occur, but I think I would just sell a small amount and will hold on to a bigger portion of my bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Yes 100% agree with you. If you want to make some immediate profit than better sell some bitcoins and purchase again when it falls. In this way you would have made some profit and also you will get bitcoin at lower price.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
From my point of view anyone who doesn't have to sell the bitcoin for whatever reason should hold it and that it's because I primarily look at bitcoins as an investment. Investment that it's the most profitable on long term. So, don't be so obsessed with price, there will be pumps and dumps occasiony, but you should determine your goal with bitcoins in some middle to long term position and stick to that. Do me this is the best strategy.
This is not that easy. Doing bitcoin holding requires high patience, we will always be interested in the current bitcoin price. Look at price movements and when bitcoin prices decline there must be a sense of panic, this is usually the cause of selling bitcoin for many people (panic sell).
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
I am holding for now, there is no real reason to sell. I will sell only if I absolutely need to. Bitcoin will gain traction in the next couple of years regardless of whatever happens now. I panic sold 5 btc at $400 and I am still having nightmare about that.
Do not be so upset. At that time it was too good money. Now you can not sell under any conditions because the price has dropped and will continue to fall. You need to wait out the panic. That's why I'm opposed to the world had only one currency. The more currency the easier it is to survive any crisis.

You do not need to talk about falling prices. Why bring panic to the masses? It is best to think that if we buy coins today, then in a few years their price will multiply several times.
yeah its just wasting time to talk about falling price because bitcoin will never fall its price we know bitcoin increasing price too much faster and a lot of people trying to buy bitcoin and then holding their for future because bitcoin price will rise more and more in the future.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
I am holding for now, there is no real reason to sell. I will sell only if I absolutely need to. Bitcoin will gain traction in the next couple of years regardless of whatever happens now. I panic sold 5 btc at $400 and I am still having nightmare about that.
Do not be so upset. At that time it was too good money. Now you can not sell under any conditions because the price has dropped and will continue to fall. You need to wait out the panic. That's why I'm opposed to the world had only one currency. The more currency the easier it is to survive any crisis.

You do not need to talk about falling prices. Why bring panic to the masses? It is best to think that if we buy coins today, then in a few years their price will multiply several times.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
From my point of view anyone who doesn't have to sell the bitcoin for whatever reason should hold it and that it's because I primarily look at bitcoins as an investment. Investment that it's the most profitable on long term. So, don't be so obsessed with price, there will be pumps and dumps occasiony, but you should determine your goal with bitcoins in some middle to long term position and stick to that. Do me this is the best strategy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250
It's time to put into practice all the holding that you did during the MtGox days. Assuming you were there back then, then you should have experience of holding through a massive 50%+ crash. I held from $1200 to $150 so for me the current crash is a joke, I know in the end I will win.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I don't think that the ransomware attack did anything good to the Bitcoin. It further tarnished the reputation and name of BTC.
No. Only noobs look at that situation from your point of view.

If people don't have the ability to understand that the tool should never be blamed for things done by people, then I am seriously feeling sorry for all of them ~ it's the most basic stuff, come on!

Bitcoin will continue to rush forward, regardless of any sort of negativity. It has always been like this, and it will continue to be like that in the coming years as well ~ you'll realize that as well at some point. Wink
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
I think it's time to change the title of this thread to "Sell... Sell.... Sell.... Sell everything".

Ethereum is gonna hit $200 in a couple of a hours. We all had it coming.
You are a true loyalist of Ethereum and we get that.
But we also have our opinions and we have our own decision to what must be done.
Why? Because tou think ETH will grow more in price while bitcoin is falling down?
There is no facts for that. It is just a mere speculation and it already happened that all coins went down.
By pulling down bitcoin with mere comments like this wont take ETH up.
You are just making it worst.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
due to ransomware attack a good user base learned about bitcoin and slowly starts using bitcoin. Moreover growth is assured, so holding is good.

I don't think that the ransomware attack did anything good to the Bitcoin. It further tarnished the reputation and name of BTC. IMO, Bitcoin has reached a stage where negative publicity is no longer beneficial for the expansion of the crypto-currency.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The price of bitcoins is going higher and higher and there will be not be an epic dump as people have trust in bitcoins and they would not dump down all their bitcoins.
Well.i would rather to hold my bitcoin than to sell it in a low price. In addition to that, holding is one of best strategy that you can do to make a good profit. I know that the price of bitcoin will increase day by day in the near future so I think I will save and hold more bitcoin. Lastly, if you want to make a good profit hold your bitcoin now.

in my opinion for now price bitcoin still experiencing instability so as to make the price of the bitcoin ride down. This is the time which is less good for you if you want to sell your bitcoin, you should kharus maintain and hold continue to not sell bitcoin for everything because it might next year prices will increase than bitcoin now and great advantages will be yours is also one of the best strategies you can do it keep on until the time is right for you
Activity: 726
Merit: 250
I sold a good portion of my bitcoins a year ago because I needed to spend them. I spent some of them a few months ago because I needed the money. Every time I need money I have to sell less and less bitcoins so this absolutely makes sense. Sell maybe 5 or 10% but don't ever get rid of everything. You'll just hate yourself when you're hanging onto a small percentage of what you could have had.

Every Year almost rumor about bitcoin is going to crash !!!!
And it always rise .. this time it will be big impact Bitcoin surly goes up !!! if you sold it you will cry by next month  

Yes, always bitcoin has a fud. but thankful for the support of a lot of holders. JUST HODL and we can all be rich by the help of bitcoin.
My suggestion is to not hold. You have to sell at some point. Depends on situation. It was really easy to get back when price lower.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
I sold a good portion of my bitcoins a year ago because I needed to spend them. I spent some of them a few months ago because I needed the money. Every time I need money I have to sell less and less bitcoins so this absolutely makes sense. Sell maybe 5 or 10% but don't ever get rid of everything. You'll just hate yourself when you're hanging onto a small percentage of what you could have had.

And it always rise .. this time it will be big impact Bitcoin surly goes up !!! if you sold it you will cry by next month  

Yes, always bitcoin has a fud. but thankful for the support of a lot of holders. JUST HODL and we can all be rich by the help of bitcoin.
Not every users, but very few users make such and the important factor required to make the bitcoin grow is continued spreading. Recently a mass adoption took place when Japan entered legally and once after that due to ransomware attack a good user base learned about bitcoin and slowly starts using bitcoin. Moreover growth is assured, so holding is good.
Activity: 406

Activity: 532
Merit: 501
Really it all comes down to what the user wants to do. If they sell, will the price go up the next day, or will it go down. Who knows? The demand of Bitcoin is definitely increasing day by day but for some reason, the price is going down and then up a small amount and then back down. Selling may be a good idea for those with a weak stomach, but I think that it is better to stay strong and hold onto your Bitcoin. Selling a small amount is what a smart person would do, and keeping all your assets in Bitcoin and continuing to hold it would be what a stupid person would do. What I am trying to say is that if you want to sell, sell a small amount, don't sell your whole inventory. Keep some because who knows, the price might go up, and if it doesn't, at least you still made a bit of money. I know I will continue being a believer of Bitcoin. How about you?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Somewhat incorrect.

The media is always going to want to write new stories covering bitcoin that will generate as much readers as they can, so they always say that bitcoin is crashing, bitcoin is na  bubble, etc. etc. I completely agree with you on that.

HOWEVER, when bitcoin is indeed in a bubble I don't think that it does any good to deny that it is in a bubble. Buying all the time isn't a good strategy, at least not the best strategy. If you buy now it is highly likely that you'll lose a lot of money if you're only planning on holding for the short term, because bitcoin price has just been that crazy, and usually the halving aftereffects die down around this time and we go into zombie mode. But this does not mean that you should sell everything - as op said, you should always keep at least some coins so that when an unexpected economic collapse happens in your country, you have a hedge against it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

Who spread the information may be people who want to take advantage.
They take advantage of our panic in order to sell bitcoin cheaply.
They are people who are only selfish, until now I still believe in the future bitcoin.
Activity: 364

Pages:
Jump to: