Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding coins - page 14. (Read 2353 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 100
December 18, 2018, 01:56:43 PM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?

That's right mate, it doesn't mean that you hold coins in a long term, you are surely get a huge profit in the end. Of course not, it is also base on its potentials capability for every altcoins too. That's why you need to do some research first before making an investment in every trading platform.
I fear saving coins in exchangers, because of various issues.
full control must be the main thing to get the security of your assets. i guess for erc20 i keep in mew this is quite safe.
as long as the private key is stored and bookmarked.
we have many options for storing coins but exchangers are not a good choice.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
December 18, 2018, 01:22:32 PM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?

The answer is obvious if we are into "risk free" purposes.

But generally, different people have different purposes why they choose to store their precious coins on either on a safe one or exchanges.

Some purposes are:
a) for holding purposes
b) for staking
c) for dividends
d) for less hassle way of depositing coins

...any many more.

So to answer your question, "choose" might not be the right term but "preferred".
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
December 18, 2018, 01:11:17 PM

That's right mate, it doesn't mean that you hold coins in a long term, you are surely get a huge profit in the end. Of course not, it is also base on its potentials capability for every altcoins too. That's why you need to do some research first before making an investment in every trading platform.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
December 18, 2018, 12:32:39 PM
I choose to store my coins in wallet which I control the private keys. I rarely store my coins in exchanges, unless the amount is small and there is no point paying for the withdrawal fees.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
December 18, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
Coins should always be considered in a safe storage, there are lot of wallets and platform that could be used to hold coins, both of this  has good side and bad. Where will you choose to store or hold your coins, in a close source wallet (exchanges) or an open source wallet?

I mean, if you read this post: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?[8]; then you shouldn't be asking that question.

But anyway, I personally use a hardware wallet. Specifically, a Ledger Nano S[8]. The applications are indeed open source, but if I remember correctly, not 100% of the firmware is actually open source.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/general-bitcoin-wallets-which-what-why-1631151
[2] https://ledger.com/
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
December 18, 2018, 11:23:51 AM
Pages:
Jump to: