Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 11. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 491
Merit: 100
June 27, 2019, 06:30:01 PM
Holding multiple altcoin is good and as such I think the way we would want to hold it will be a thing of choice, personally I would prefer holding in more than one wallet,that is diversification incase anything goes wrong, I know some will prefer in a single wallet for easy monitoring.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 27, 2019, 06:06:03 PM
Having multiple coins in a single wallet is much easier to monitor and assess rather than having multiple wallets for different kinds of coins. Having multiple coins too is better than keeping all your holdings in one coin.
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
June 27, 2019, 05:26:15 PM
It is very risky to have all coins in one wallet, the risk will be too high due to theft or loss. Personally I store in coinomi, luno, some external wallets and exchanges. With this one will have have his risk spread and a back up incase of any mishap with a particular one.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
June 27, 2019, 04:41:22 PM
There are more multi currency wallets, but there is always a risk of being scammed, since wallet providers know your private keys, so be careful and do not hold a lot of money here.  Cool
Activity: 401
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
June 27, 2019, 04:36:48 PM
I don't think holding multiple altcoins is a bad idea. The most important thing to consider when holding a coin is the concept behind the project because some project will not made it to the nearest future. It's not easy to hold multiple actions in a single wallet because it is risky
Activity: 476
June 27, 2019, 09:42:34 AM
Bounty hunters can have many different altcoins. They didn't sell coins because they had a low cost. Now some altcoins have increased in price and you can sell them. I think it's better to have the coins from the TOP
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
June 27, 2019, 03:59:53 AM
Holding  lot of coins wont make our portfolio rich we should hold those coins which are good in developments and their have adoption in day to day industry especially fundamentally strong coins
for now I realize that just holding a few coins is enough so we can benefit. other than that, I think it's easier to control than having lots of coins. well, the increase that only happened to bitcoin at this time certainly made some of us realize that owning bitcoin is currently quite profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2019, 03:53:39 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?
Better it to hold one coin of one address, even you have hardware wallet, you have generate one erc20 wallet when getting new token.
no body know when you have multi token on one address attacked by hacker, when you have one, you only loss one.

Yes, storing one token in a single address would be good but it is also will be so complicated for us to manage them. I would prefer to store my tokens in a single wallet with an extra efforts to keep it safe.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
June 27, 2019, 03:36:19 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

I was holdin many altcoin too same as you but i stack in metamask. I like this wallet im pretty comfortable holding my assests here but only for erc20 tokens only. I like this wallet its a mutiple wallet where you can stack tokens in different blockchain, i will look forward on this wallet. Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
June 27, 2019, 02:37:47 AM
Better it to hold one coin of one address, even you have hardware wallet, you have generate one erc20 wallet when getting new token.
no body know when you have multi token on one address attacked by hacker, when you have one, you only loss one.
If you are a well organized person you can do this, new wallet per token as for prevention knowing that hackers are just around the corner waiting for another victims, but if you are also good for adding securities and you have a strong knowledge about how to make good preventive ways to protect your wallet then you can place it in one alone so you don't have to change each time you need to trade or send your coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 18
June 27, 2019, 02:32:15 AM
Holding  lot of coins wont make our portfolio rich we should hold those coins which are good in developments and their have adoption in day to day industry especially fundamentally strong coins
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
June 27, 2019, 01:58:12 AM
Multiple altcoins serve to different purpose of investors and these variances are depend on each investor. Altcoins are speculative investment approach and having many of them can reduce the risks.

My altcoin investment is the majority but I don't hold too much altcoin. I only target some 3-5 altcoin, after reaching the target of any coin I will take profit and search for other altcoin
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
June 27, 2019, 01:46:22 AM
I store my coins all over the place, in a range of wallets. I also keep a small amount on exchanges (but not much). My reasoning for having a range of wallets is that I don't trust myself not to lose the private keys or mess up in some way. At least if the coins are in a range of different locations and addresses then it protects me to an extent against both fraud and my own incomptetence!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
June 27, 2019, 01:08:19 AM
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
June 26, 2019, 09:43:50 PM
Multiple tokens in one wallet is fine. This is how most, if not all hunters do it. It's just a matter of how you manage your portfolio in a secured and manageable way.

Most bounty hunters joined a campaign in the past when ICO is still popular, they sure have a lot of ETH tokens in their wallet now, particularly in the MEW. Unfortunately, ETH has dropped and ICO seems dead, so just like me I'm hoping that the current bull run will make some ETH tokens of my holdings to come alive.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
June 26, 2019, 07:47:48 PM
Multiple tokens in one wallet is fine. This is how most, if not all hunters do it. It's just a matter of how you manage your portfolio in a secured and manageable way.
Activity: 431
Merit: 18
June 26, 2019, 07:36:23 PM
Multi currency wallets are the best type of wallets for holding multiple cryptocurrencies
I personally prefer to use hardware wallets which are both safe, secure and support multiple cryptocurrency of different blockchains.
Ledger Nano S is a very good option
Activity: 546
Merit: 3
June 26, 2019, 07:23:55 PM
There is nothing wrong with storing all your tokens or coins in one wallet. You can choose to alcoins in trezor or ledger or if you prefer an hardware wallet. But you should try as much as possible not to store/Hold all your altcoins in an exchange.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
June 26, 2019, 06:41:08 PM
I believe having more coins and holding them in your portfolio are more stronger than an a single asset. This is an opportunity to get more profits when the prices increases.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
June 20, 2019, 11:33:11 AM
Holding multiple alt coins doesn't necessarily mean that you are sufficiently diversified. It depends on the technologies they offer.
Pages:
Jump to: