Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 20. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
April 01, 2019, 10:10:14 PM
Holding of multiple altcoins is one of the best strategies because it is always good for an investor to diversify the portfolio in order to reduce the risk of losing all the investment to a single coin. However, using open-source wallet that support all kinds of altcoins require adequate research into that wallet in order to ascertain its authenticity because there are some open-source wallets with poor security.
Activity: 608
Merit: 100
April 01, 2019, 10:00:04 PM
I think buying and holding a few good coins will be very beneficial for future profits, and I also bought and held a few coins for me to save in the wallet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
April 01, 2019, 09:54:36 PM
Holding some altcoin in my opinion is good, as long as the altcoin we invest has good potential for investment so in the future we will definitely get the maximum profit for the coins we invest, and you must keep it in a safe wallet so that the risk of loss is small
Activity: 532
April 01, 2019, 09:50:51 PM
You can holding multiple altcoin in your wallet but you have buy and invest on potential altcoin, never invest your money on bad altcoin because could be lower price for several months later.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 30, 2019, 01:40:20 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Most cryptocurrencies are hosted on different blockchains expecially the stellar and ERC20 blockchain. I prefer web wallets because they are handy or easily assessible. For stellar coins, use lobster and for ERC20 tokens, imtoken, trust wallet and eidoo remain the best. They are safe with easy user interface
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
March 30, 2019, 01:12:43 PM
I think multi-wallets are not a good solution for long term cryptocurrency storage. It is not necessary to store all the assets in one place,because if attackers will gain access to it, you'l lose everything.
Do not think that the probability of this is negligible and will not affect you, remember at least a very recent case, when it turned out that the rather well-known multi-wallet "Coinomi" was compromised. It turned out that seed phrase from coinomi wallets can be found in Google cache.
I think you understand how dangerous it is, and whether it is worth sacrificing security for comfort is up to you.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 253
March 30, 2019, 12:56:56 PM
Holding multiple altcoins is the right idea when the market is red like now, there is no guarantee that the future can be better so that holding will make us able to get big profits.
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
March 30, 2019, 12:47:42 PM
I think you can store on multi-wallets , but of course you need to understand that the risks that you can steal funds above , but I would recommend to store funds on binance very reliable exchange!

You are a fool. Do not be offended by your advice obsalyutno wrong. Exchangers are always subject to threats and attacks. There is money there. Or do you store your cryptocurrency in a separate secure vault at home in the safe. Or do you keep cryptocurrency in a landfill. Where every homeless (hacker) wants to steal your money.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
March 30, 2019, 12:43:44 PM
I think you can store on multi-wallets , but of course you need to understand that the risks that you can steal funds above , but I would recommend to store funds on binance very reliable exchange!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
March 30, 2019, 03:57:22 AM
To get big profits, of course, we have to have lots of coins. So to overwrite the coins that we have collected requires a very safe wallet. Now I use a wallet based on Ethereum and in my opinion, it's very safe. As long as you can maintain your wallet's private key, your digital assets will be safe.
Different coins cannot be sotred on ethereum wallet,it is only compatible for ethereum and maybe for erc20 tokens so you need to be very careful with the wallet and your coins,if you send wrong coin to your wallet then it will results into permanenet loss of your crypto.
I don't think he meant coins, I believe he meant tokens.
With his experience putting different coins (tokens) in MEW, it should be easy and I can also share my experience that it's easy.
All of my bounty tokens are stored in one MEW wallet only, and I only collect ETH Tokens as it's easy to store.
Some bounties are also paying on other coin's blockchain token as well so you need to read carefully before submitting your application,so you won't lose any of your tokens. Smiley
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
March 30, 2019, 03:47:06 AM
To get big profits, of course, we have to have lots of coins. So to overwrite the coins that we have collected requires a very safe wallet. Now I use a wallet based on Ethereum and in my opinion, it's very safe. As long as you can maintain your wallet's private key, your digital assets will be safe.
Different coins cannot be sotred on ethereum wallet,it is only compatible for ethereum and maybe for erc20 tokens so you need to be very careful with the wallet and your coins,if you send wrong coin to your wallet then it will results into permanenet loss of your crypto.
I don't think he meant coins, I believe he meant tokens.
With his experience putting different coins (tokens) in MEW, it should be easy and I can also share my experience that it's easy.
All of my bounty tokens are stored in one MEW wallet only, and I only collect ETH Tokens as it's easy to store.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
March 30, 2019, 03:39:10 AM
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
March 30, 2019, 03:18:00 AM
copper member
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
March 30, 2019, 03:05:30 AM
It is nice to put all your token in one wallet to avoid confusion on your wallet data. However, keeping it in one wallet is really risky. If ever your wallet got hacked, then probably all your coins will be stolen and you'll be left nothing. Also, you have to back up all your important data.
Merit: 252
March 30, 2019, 02:31:24 AM
Holding is really a great art that will be necessary in order to still have real opportunities for further enrichment. I hope that you, too, understanding this, keep your own tokens. Which will not sell.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 30, 2019, 02:22:38 AM
Open source multi wallets is the best option for now as  I know because it supports all kinds of Wallet unlike some wallets that support only erc20 coin, and it's more easier to use, but on another note it's too risky putting all the coin into just wallet,  so as not to loose all its advisable to split it up
it is better to save altcoin in some wallets and do not save altcoin in only one wallet because it will give you a very high risk when your wallet is stolen then the altcoins will definitely disappear instantly.
Leo
Activity: 620
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
March 29, 2019, 02:47:36 PM
Open source multi wallets is the best option for now as  I know because it supports all kinds of Wallet unlike some wallets that support only erc20 coin, and it's more easier to use, but on another note it's too risky putting all the coin into just wallet,  so as not to loose all its advisable to split it up
Activity: 1302
Merit: 501
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
March 29, 2019, 02:14:28 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
you do right rather than storing assets on an exchanger is too risky for me because we see the facts lately exchanger crypto is always invaded by hacker
Activity: 859
Merit: 251
March 29, 2019, 02:14:20 PM
You are crazy to hold all coins in a single wallet. One mistake, all gone. My tip is to create one virtual machine for each coin. One wallet, one virtual machine. Store private keys on paper or in several places offline. Why separate machines? So that in case it's a trojan, it won't affect the other wallets or your main OS.
Merit: 251
March 29, 2019, 02:07:33 PM
Maybe it's a good wallet. But do you guys think that it's really neccessary to have a wallet to keep your funds? I'm trading a while and never used any kind of wallet except exchange account. And nothing has gone wrong ever. Should I get a wallet if I don't keep my funds for a long time anyway?
Pages:
Jump to: