Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 34. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 759
Merit: 502
February 27, 2019, 02:01:31 PM
The present market place is such a system is insufficient. It is currently dangerous to take altcoins, in light of the fact that Bitcoin still has not felt the base in spite of the fact that we are close by. On the off chance that we take altcoins it is just to work off a bounce back from the dimension of their base.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
February 27, 2019, 01:47:43 PM
Keep coins separately in their wallets unless you are sure that place where you are holding all your funds one hundred percent safe.
I like your idea because it's very difficult to keep track of all your coins. But this method is not suitable for holders of 2-5 types of coins. As it is easier to use MEW and not to download this software.
MEW is for ethereum and erc tokens and logically you will use ethereum wallet to store erc tokens. If you hold many tokens with larger value spread it trough different wallets.
As for me i store my coins on 1 to 2 MEW only since there are no limits of storing them, besides im using metamask when trading on exchange to have controls on my token to trading platform. My advice on having many stored altcoins is that, whatever happen don't let your coins sleep on exchanges your are trading in because of a high chance that it will be lost.
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
February 27, 2019, 12:43:02 PM
Keep coins separately in their wallets unless you are sure that place where you are holding all your funds is one hundred percent safe.
I like your idea because it's very difficult to keep track of all your coins. But this method is not suitable for holders of 2-5 types of coins. As it is easier to use MEW and not to download this software.
MEW is for ethereum and erc tokens and logically you will use ethereum wallet to store erc tokens. If you hold many tokens with larger value spread it trough different wallets.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
February 18, 2019, 02:29:14 PM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
February 17, 2019, 02:40:21 PM
i prefer to hold each altcoin on its own official wallet.and for the ones that erc20, i prefer to use myetherwallet. i have been using it for so long time without any trouble. more or less trustable for me.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
February 17, 2019, 02:31:58 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

Keeping all my altcoins in a single wallet is a risk I have learnt never to try again. Multiple wallet as it will help secure your tokens and if paraventure there is a scam you won't loose all
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
February 17, 2019, 02:06:54 PM
I am a person who likes multiwallet because for more secure security. I also hold a lot of altcoins. I think it's a good idea to have lots of wallets to anticipate hackers.
copper member
Activity: 84
February 17, 2019, 02:01:23 PM
Multiple wallet is good idea in token hodlers its because if someone want to scammed or hacked the wallet own not all will be gone as you have separate wallets. So doing multiple wallets is a great strategy to secure your token from hackers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
February 17, 2019, 01:44:53 PM
It is entirely dependent on you as many would not go for multiwallet for various reasons but I personally feel single multi wallet decrease the burden of having various wallet ,but it should be high secure as if you loose it you will loose all your funds.hardware wallet is the first choice for multiwallet.
Hardware is the safest wallet in my opinion so it is very appropriate to use it for a single wallet and multi wallet.
but the disadvantage of the hardware wallet is that the price is quite expensive even though the quality is comparable, but most people are still comfortable using an online wallet because there are many people who still don't feel disappointed or hacked while using an online wallet.
Activity: 686
February 17, 2019, 01:23:31 PM
It is entirely dependent on you as many would not go for multiwallet for various reasons but I personally feel single multi wallet decrease the burden of having various wallet ,but it should be high secure as if you loose it you will loose all your funds.hardware wallet is the first choice for multiwallet.
Hardware is the safest wallet in my opinion so it is very appropriate to use it for a single wallet and multi wallet.
but the disadvantage of the hardware wallet is that the price is quite expensive even though the quality is comparable, but most people are still comfortable using an online wallet because there are many people who still don't feel disappointed or hacked while using an online wallet.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
February 17, 2019, 12:53:32 PM
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
February 17, 2019, 12:40:30 PM
You can holding multiple altcoin kinds on your wallet, but you have be careful with your asset excatly erc20 token asset, many investor and bounty campaign participants have lost their asset save at myetherwalet because use phising website when access to their wallet.
we have to store important site addresses, one of which is the myetherwallet site by marking it on our device so that we can avoid phishing sites.
maybe it looks simple but as long as I use this method I can avoid phishing sites.
myetherwallet has been trusted by many crypto users because it can be used to store several altcoins in it. if we are careful before accessing the address of the site we are going to visit, obviously the phishing site can be avoided.

holding lots of altcoins in one wallet will obviously make it easier for us because in this way we don't need a lot of private keys
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
February 14, 2019, 02:41:24 AM
There are not many multicurrency wallets now and that is why everyone chooses looking at the reliability and support of a large number of coins. Everything else as you like.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
February 14, 2019, 02:37:17 AM
This is a good idea because it is very difficult to keep track of all your coins. I have over 70 different coins and i use MetaMask. I am very satisfied with this wallet, as it is very convenient and does not require any additional software.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
February 13, 2019, 06:02:12 PM
I don't use multiwallets except Leger Live, because I have this hardware wallet obviously. Actually I try to avoid altcoins which are not supported by Ledger S, because it's not safe at all. Plus I don't like to have a lot of different alts, because I don't have enough time to keep track of all of them.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
February 13, 2019, 06:01:57 PM
Having all your tokens in one single wallet makes trading very fast and convenient. But it is very risky because you can lose all your coins when in you get hacked.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
February 13, 2019, 04:33:55 PM
Of course, now Altcoins are very promising coins in which you should invest your savings.
I am sure that it is better to keep several different Altcoins until a certain hierarchy of coins, including new ones, has appeared on the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 152
Merit: 7
February 13, 2019, 03:10:36 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

I am not sure if this is the safe way to store larg number  of coins. I prefere to use the official wallet of each coin it look to me more safe as i control my coins 100%.

copper member
Activity: 409
February 13, 2019, 02:35:36 PM
To hold is a good thing, and it will be an opportunity to make a profit when the market increases, but to keep it in one wallet it is too risky.
Activity: 616
February 13, 2019, 01:55:37 PM
You can holding multiple altcoin kinds on your wallet, but you have be careful with your asset excatly erc20 token asset, many investor and bounty campaign participants have lost their asset save at myetherwalet because use phising website when access to their wallet.
we have to store important site addresses, one of which is the myetherwallet site by marking it on our device so that we can avoid phishing sites.
maybe it looks simple but as long as I use this method I can avoid phishing sites.
Pages:
Jump to: