Pages:
Author

Topic: Holy Grail BOUNTY - page 3. (Read 36288 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
November 25, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
Wow!! Looking good mates!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 25, 2013, 06:32:01 PM
Hello guys,

I have some free time in the next couple weeks. I'd like to help either on Spanish translations, or the Market UI.

I see lcl's last post is a month ago. Is there any change regarding these topics or could I just jump on em?

Thanks !
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
November 25, 2013, 08:29:52 AM
Hi, I'm French and my wife is Japanese, we could work on the internationalization into these two languages.
However right now, the alloted funds are 0 BTC. Is there going to be a bounty later on?

See here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3440808

It is not showing in the project page as the person who donated did not donate to the right address or something. 5 BTC are there however. See lclc's posts for what has been done so far.
Activity: 131
November 25, 2013, 08:07:31 AM
Hi, I'm French and my wife is Japanese, we could work on the internationalization into these two languages.
However right now, the alloted funds are 0 BTC. Is there going to be a bounty later on?
Activity: 266
November 24, 2013, 06:57:30 PM
Coming along nicely.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
November 15, 2013, 04:57:16 AM
Looks great!

Did you hear about Zero Reserve? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/announce-zero-reserve-a-distributed-bitcoin-exchange-295930   Could there be some synergy effects that these two noble projects could benefit from?
Activity: 440
November 14, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
November 09, 2013, 08:20:36 AM
I'd really like to code colored coins support for this. bitcoinx / NGCCC is implemented enough that this is possible now. The task status on Ciyam seems to be "review due", is it available?

FellowTraveller will need to set a new "review due" to a future date and then re-open the task (I think he will be doing that soon).
Activity: 144
November 08, 2013, 08:56:16 PM
I'd really like to code colored coins support for this. bitcoinx / NGCCC is implemented enough that this is possible now. The task status on Ciyam seems to be "review due", is it available?
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
November 01, 2013, 06:31:05 AM
Following.
Activity: 298
Merit: 275
Bitcoin Association Switzerland
November 01, 2013, 06:27:08 AM
I've just made a pull request for the internationalization part.
This adds a settings window where you can choose your language (based on the available translations files (.qm) in the "translations" folder).
So far there is only US English and German, where German has just 2 windows translated (for debugging). I expect a few changes for the UI until the first release, that's why I don't recommend starting translating yet.

A short how-to for translators and developers is in /documentation/translating.

I hope for later we can count on the OT/Bitcoin community to translate Moneychanger in many different languages Smiley

Any open points for internationalization expect the language I didn't think of?

I'll have a look at the HTTP-Interface now. I would inform you if I definitely start working on this.

Edit: I've also written a small Windows installer (very easy with InnoSetup), but I didn't have the time to test it and to build OT for Windows.
October 31, 2013, 07:53:47 PM
We (MasterCoin) have plans for distributed e-commerce too, but I'm a little worried about getting in trouble, since it can be used as a "distributed silk road".

Certainly I would never condone such operations, nor would I ever personally mis-use the software in such a way.

I do think there are legitimate uses for it, which is why it is on our todo list.

Clearly E-Bay is a big example of "legitimate uses", so that point IMO is without question demonstrably true.

Unfortunately I believe they are also ripe for disruption. (See, for example, their abuse of power vis-a-vis their prohibition on Bitcoin-related products.)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031
Rational Exuberance
October 31, 2013, 06:50:50 PM

Well, a great new benefit is being added to the pile:

4. Distributed bazaar. (Like E-Bay, except without the server.)

I realized a few weeks ago how easy this would be to add, using the same Bitmessage integration we already had planned.

Ooooo. Nice. We (MasterCoin) have plans for distributed e-commerce too, but I'm a little worried about getting in trouble, since it can be used as a "distributed silk road". That's why that feature is currently at the bottom of the priority list. I do think there are legitimate uses for it, which is why it is on our todo list. I'd like to get the less controversial features done first though.

Exciting times. I hope you'll post screenshots soon of some of this stuff in action Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 31, 2013, 01:02:22 AM
Wohoo! You made my day FT! Now if only I had some free time to install OT on my system and actually play around with it  Undecided
Activity: 226
October 30, 2013, 12:02:51 PM
Thanks for all the hard work. I am very much looking foreward to the first installer version.
October 30, 2013, 10:58:03 AM
As part of the escrow protocol each involved party has to share things like public keys, transaction ids, signed transactions,.. with each other via a secure communication channel.

For testing we can just share those things via messenger and enter them in textboxes but that won't be very convenient or secure :p
Is communication between the parties something I don't have to worry about?

Correct.

As long as the basic functions are in place allowing us to send to multi-sig, verify multi-sig, and vote to release multi-sig, then all other communication should be handled inside OT as part of the bailment protocol.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 30, 2013, 10:30:24 AM
JaSK recently asked:

we can probably automate part of that process by communicating over bitmessage or direct p2p connections.
But that will take more time and I'll have to ask FellowTraveler how he'd like it to be done.

The answer is: When a user wishes to move Bitcoins into OT, he will be sending the coins multi-sig, using your code as described above. As long as I am able to send and verify those coins, and as long as I am able to perform multi-sig votes to remove those coins back out, then I will be able to do the rest on the OT side. Bitmessage will not be needed for this, but if you want to get started on the Bitmessage integration, it's definitely needed for other pieces.

I haven't had a proper look at the other parts of Moneychanger/OT yet so I'm not sure what we can and can't do.
Just to clarify:
As part of the escrow protocol each involved party has to share things like public keys, transaction ids, signed transactions,.. with each other via a secure communication channel.

For testing we can just share those things via messenger and enter them in textboxes but that won't be very convenient or secure :p
Is communication between the parties something I don't have to worry about?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
October 30, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
Awesome, what address can I donate to?

You can see the address for the project itself from here: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130606055250338000&ident=M100V137&chksum=a2a9d6d5

If you are more interested to donate to a specific task then scroll down and click on that task to see its address (each specific task has a specific address).
Activity: 120
October 30, 2013, 07:47:31 AM
Awesome, what address can I donate to?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
October 30, 2013, 06:22:42 AM
Thanks for the update. The Namecoin developer clearly is best in class, give him a bonus!
Pages:
Jump to: