Pages:
Author

Topic: How can developers make a decent return for their work in crypto currency - page 4. (Read 2410 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
i am starting to believe in the hard coded thing. I have been considering methdos of reserving then taking addresses.

Example, i create a new coin. I have hardcoded 10 addresses to each receive 0.3 %

the first one is mine, the next two will be for the two best pools over a period of 1 month. The next two are for The first two exchanges to take the coin.
One will be for a faucet, another for manual bounties and another for giveaway. the last two will be reserves in case the dev team needs a hot wallet.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
If you haven't figured it out yet, making open source decentralized P2P software is not the correct field to go into if you want to guarantee yourself a good income from the work.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
If there are any crypto coin developers here making a decent wage of $40/hour using any means please let us know how you do this (pre-mine, donations, something else).  If there are any crypto coin developers making more than $8/hour on donations alone please let us know this is possible.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
If you develop something good, you will get donations.

And you could always mine like the rest of us, VLAD
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Developers of coins shouldn't hold any coins hostage or give themselves an unfair advantage in the coin.

If their coin is truely great they will get donations from the users for their hard work.

Otherwise we reduce all these altcoins to ponzi schemes.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I don't think it's much of a decentralized cryptocurrency if it involves continual payments to some specific hardcoded user. I think you'd be hard-pressed to see a cryptocurrency like that take off. Bitcoin received a lot of popularity for being completely decentralized.

Running a useful service for a cryptocurrency like an exchange, mining pool, etc, which takes a small known fee is probably the best bet for getting paid for cryptocurrency-related development.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I'm a software developer with many years of experience, and I have been kicking around all sorts of ideas, but I find it hard to come up with a scenario where I would make any decent return writing crypto coin code.   Heck from what I understand Gavin wasn't getting fully paid for a long time.  If he isn't getting paid enough, how could any other developer expect anything? 

One area is the alt coin arena.   How do the developers get paid unless they pre-mine and they get raked over the coals for doing so.   From the way I see it, it would be better if a percentage of the mined coins continually went to the developers, so no pre-mine would be necessary, and the coin would keep improving.

Is there any area to get into that makes sense?
Pages:
Jump to: