Pages:
Author

Topic: How can ICOs come back in the game? - page 8. (Read 1613 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 27, 2020, 01:19:44 AM
The sentiment in the space is improving and profit taking will be attractive to all investors but I think ICO may not come the same way it was in 2016/2017. The important thing about most project is the credibility followed by the exchange listing. Even if we see reliable partners support a project we need to be sure that we can trade the token, We still have some project since 2018 that are yet to hit exchanges, holding the fund of prospective investors.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
July 27, 2020, 01:13:46 AM
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
It seems like Initial coin offerings are already back in the game. The new ICO launched by AVA labs called Avalanche (AVAX) raised around 42 Million dollars in just 4.5 hours during the public sale. That’s a huge amount considering the present scenario of the market and the time it took to raise that kind of funding. So, I would say, if the project has potential, it can grow in any market and get funding in any situation with right marketing and promotion. Also, ICO’s should be regulated by the government in order to eliminate scam projects and help make crypto environment a safer place.

In some deep thoughts, if high level forum members start some initiative to study the new projects and declare their opinion in a way to alert this community then we can easily support "right" ICOs by filtering the rest of ICOs out. But, for them it would be too much of works hence they must deserve compensation for that. Compensation should be paid by ICO devs and by this community as well.
Activity: 1020
Merit: 391
July 26, 2020, 11:35:33 AM
To return to the game, the ICO system must show loyalty and commitment to its objectives and principles. Unfortunately many projects surfed the wave promising many things and did not even deliver on what was promised, tarnishing the image of the ICO projects. Therefore, in order to regain credibility, projects must be executed and worked on.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
July 26, 2020, 08:43:13 AM
Ico's been abused last time, it was all the hype. Lot's of people who were crypto savvy that time earned alot while most of new investors that time Lost A LOT. It was a gateway for some to quick buck, some project failed to thrive and lost interest since they're not into the adaption but rather than the money they could get from the hype. Ico's long dead and gone.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
July 26, 2020, 08:40:00 AM
As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
In my opinion, if ICOs are to come back in the game, then there should be regulations and structures set aside in order for it to meet the standards set by IEOs.What other way do you think can lift up ICOs again?
I dont think ICO still has a place here in this market,After all that abused happen from scammers and Fraudsters?
What i  believe is even IEO have the same structure and soon will also take advantage of the system.

For me why need to invest in those risky way when there are tons of cryptocurrency existing  now?
and also there are tons of tokens in the market to choose.

check this article and you'll see why we not need to entertain ICO again.

https://news.bitcoin.com/icos-are-dead-but-ico-scammers-are-immortal/
The initial coin offering may have all but died, but the ICO scammer marches on regardless. Whereas legitimate projects have to wrangle with all kinds of challenges including the strength of the market, generating value for investors, creating a real product and actually delivering on the promises they make, the soulless scammer is unencumbered by technical constraints, work ethic or any sense of decency

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
July 26, 2020, 08:24:15 AM
Why choose an ICO at the present time? There are so many scammer and they are creating fake projects to deceive investors. IEO will be much safer and more profitable for investors, I just hope IEO will exist for a long time to help me make a lot of profit with it.
Activity: 684
Merit: 10
July 26, 2020, 08:22:55 AM
Why would they go back to the game? Now some projects use the ICO model, there are just a lot of alternatives, it's good.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
July 26, 2020, 07:14:03 AM
with reduced scamer who does the ico directly.
ieo has the advantage that tokens are guaranteed to be released on the exchange.
while ico after collecting funds they have to find a market for listings.
another way maybe every project will guarantee that their coins will be listed on several exchanges when raising funds.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
July 26, 2020, 03:29:40 AM
ICO isn't coming back and I stand against ICO coming back, it's not what I wanted, the freedom of ICO with no third-party is why scammers are free to do anyhow with investors, it seems you aren't aware that investors are lot safer with IEO
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
July 26, 2020, 03:26:30 AM
Honestly, I think ICO is already out, they can never come back in the market anymore, yes, they still have their presence felt but they are not anymore as successful as before, it has already become an obsolete way of crowd funding, and people are now looking for a less risky way and IEO offers that platform to them, so if ever the market will be again bullish and once again we will witness the interest of the investors in the market, I think it's gonna be IEO which will be the leader of crowd funding.
Activity: 476
Merit: 22
July 26, 2020, 03:15:08 AM
Actually I don't want ICO to make a come back because ICO projects are still high risky than IEO, I care much about investors safety, if investors can't trust projects anymore who is going to invest on new projects?
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
July 26, 2020, 03:02:19 AM
The popularity of ICO has really been broken and destroyed because of the many ICO Projects that are SCAM. And this makes investors really angry about this ICO sales system. Therefore there is no need for improvements or rules regarding the ICO project because there is now an IEO sales system which has advantages when compared to ICO. And if ICO gets up again, there will be few investors who will trust and participate in it, I'm sure of that.
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
July 26, 2020, 02:48:04 AM
Their time is long gone and they can't come back anymore while there is IEO which everyone prefers it than ICO. Unless something really bad happens to IEO that makes people lost the trust for it like ICO, I don't think they are equally right now and zero chance for ICO to come back.
There is a succesful ICO just launched and indeed have good raised. This project called avalanche raised 42million USD, so it will depend on the project and not because ICO is dead already. I agree that IEO is still trending but some ICOs are started to come back again.

Are you sure that we really need another ICO in crypto? Too many shitty ICOs already happen
Depends on the project capability. If its shit then no need but if there is a potential why not right?
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
July 26, 2020, 02:40:46 AM
ICOs are already creeping in gradually. Avalanche was successful recently, they did ICO and it sold out very fast. Some new scam projects will use this as a bedrock to rip investors off their funds. Regulations for ICOs won't come easily, and even ICOs are regulated, scam ICOs will still launch. In my opinion, ICOs should be scrapped entirely and neglected by investors, due to my past experience. I'm comfortable with IEO on reputable exchanges, atleast I'm sure I wont be scammed.
This is the last thing I don't want to hear, Avalanche ICO was successful, accepted so you expect all ICO to be successful because avalanche is successful? ICO is already in the past, regulations won't come for ICO, exchange can be regulated of course and IEO on top exchanges just works better
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
July 26, 2020, 02:35:33 AM
ICOs are already creeping in gradually. Avalanche was successful recently, they did ICO and it sold out very fast. Some new scam projects will use this as a bedrock to rip investors off their funds. Regulations for ICOs won't come easily, and even ICOs are regulated, scam ICOs will still launch. In my opinion, ICOs should be scrapped entirely and neglected by investors, due to my past experience. I'm comfortable with IEO on reputable exchanges, atleast I'm sure I wont be scammed.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
July 26, 2020, 02:26:09 AM
people's trust to invest has been lost in the ICO, in IEO today with the exchange that is an intermediary between sellers and buyers, people are still afraid if it is not done on a popular exchange. if trust has been lost it is difficult to restore from before.
no one wants to fall in the same hole.
Activity: 504
Merit: 25
July 26, 2020, 02:23:47 AM
As crypto gets exposed to the world gradually, new and more convenient features enter the market.Initial Exchange Offerings are taking over with their planned and well structured activities which put the whole project on checks and make sure investors get their holdings after making the buy orders.Again, the coin gets the opportunity to be listed on that exchange which facilitate immediate trading if not planned otherwise by the team.
How can ICO be regulated when ICO crowdfunding happens only between the project website and crypto investors? In what ways can you see things more clearly that the ICO project is legit enough? Isn't that what IEO does better?
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
July 26, 2020, 02:18:53 AM
I can't even imagine ICOs coming back because it will bring back a lot of things to mind and will people still actually invest? That is, why investing in a project wherein you will keep asking the team about listing when you can invest in a project via IEO where listing is assured. Also, in IEO the exchange it is taking place on will make investors to decide if they should or not, but are all these possible with ICO? In ICO, the team can say whatever they want to make money and then do whatever they want when they have gotten the money. So in my own opinion, I do not see ICOs coming back anytime soon.

This depends actually. ICO would make a come back if it were regulated properly. As of now, anyone can make an ICO, even a high school student can and get away from it if they scam investors (assuming they get some). With licence, proof, and documents that can be checked, a lot of investors might have a change of perspective about ICO. Though to be honest, that happening is too slim to consider.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
July 25, 2020, 07:40:37 PM
I can't even imagine ICOs coming back because it will bring back a lot of things to mind and will people still actually invest? That is, why investing in a project wherein you will keep asking the team about listing when you can invest in a project via IEO where listing is assured. Also, in IEO the exchange it is taking place on will make investors to decide if they should or not, but are all these possible with ICO? In ICO, the team can say whatever they want to make money and then do whatever they want when they have gotten the money. So in my own opinion, I do not see ICOs coming back anytime soon.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
July 25, 2020, 05:11:55 PM
Transparency, like a blockchain network.  And there must be an umbrella that is responsible for the clarity of the project that will run the ICO and the company is required to have run around 70% of the planning target, because many investors want the benefits and clarity of a project.

That's hard to implement as who will choose the organization to look out for these blockchain projects?
It's not easy managing these hundreds of platforms and monitor their actual development progress.
And that leaves investors/users, to just do their due diligence every time they want to invest in a particular project.
As there is no Central Authority that is capable of handling these situations, user just need to look over one's shoulder.
Pages:
Jump to: