Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 14. (Read 52948 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think people are now slowly becoming more optimistic, they wanted also to make a hustle free transaction of payment so some people today really become more interested on crypto curency so i think telling or sharing crypto information is not that hard to do this time, because crypto is now slowly becoming a part of our human life.

This optimism can very quickly take the opposite side and turn into pessimism at the moment when the price falls.
People tend to love stability, which Bitcoin cannot give yet, which means people will be afraid of such fluctuations.
I think this is the main problem standing in the way of mass adaptation of bitcoin as a means of payment.
Stability will never happen in bitcoin because cryptocurrency are decentralized and there is no regulation for them so they can move freely and the exchanges are open 24/7 so there is no possible way for the price of bitcoin to just stabilize at some point. Bitcoin is volatile as it used to be and people should embrace and get used to it and they should still use bitcoin as a currency.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
I think people are now slowly becoming more optimistic, they wanted also to make a hustle free transaction of payment so some people today really become more interested on crypto curency so i think telling or sharing crypto information is not that hard to do this time, because crypto is now slowly becoming a part of our human life.

This optimism can very quickly take the opposite side and turn into pessimism at the moment when the price falls.
People tend to love stability, which Bitcoin cannot give yet, which means people will be afraid of such fluctuations.
I think this is the main problem standing in the way of mass adaptation of bitcoin as a means of payment.
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
the number of stores and such that accept crypto currencies is increasing
but BTC in it's present state will hardly become a day-to-day currency because of the slow and expensive transactions... with the implementation of Lightning Network this might change, but that still remains to be seen...
anyway I guess that during 2020 we'll be looking at a surge of places accepting crypto
Activity: 2254
Merit: 309
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Easy to make people want to use bitcoin by open some store and sell product using bitcoin or altcoin as payment, many people will interested to know about what is bitcoin and will use bitcoin for the first as payment after know more bitcoin can be investment they will invest money with bitcoin, open store now and accept bitcoin as payment next time many people use bitcoin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
The adoption of Bitcoin can increase significantly if all the members in the crypto world play our part by advocating for Bitcoin wherever we find ourselves. The main target should be the small scale businesses who are easily to understand the significance of integrating Bitcoin into their payment systems. This can go a long way to increase the adoption of Bitcoin.
Yes, we can consider this one, we can make bitcoin as one of the mode of payment less hassle and it can be a done internationally, I think with less fees than others, transaction can be done and bitcoin may be received in a small span of time, we can tell other people the edge of it among others.
Activity: 672
Merit: 14
The adoption of Bitcoin can increase significantly if all the members in the crypto world play our part by advocating for Bitcoin wherever we find ourselves. The main target should be the small scale businesses who are easily to understand the significance of integrating Bitcoin into their payment systems. This can go a long way to increase the adoption of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Honestly, for us crypto users it will be very convenient for us to use bitcoin or cryptocurrency as payment or making transactions instead of using cash, but the problem is that it will be difficult for us to convince everybody to use bitcoin as a currency because there are still a lot of people who doesn't know about bitcoin and not everybody agrees on buying and investing to it. So i think the best way for us to convince everybody to use bitcoin as a currency is by showing every benefits or advantages that they can receive upon having and buying bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies.

Agree. But most people don't seem to understand how useful Bitcoin is for their daily lives. They're just based on what the mainstream media or government say about Bitcoin instead of doing their own research about it. That's why, we've seen many people skeptical about joining the Bitcoin cause one way or another. Because of this, it'll be quite a difficult task for us crypto enthusiasts to help drive people into the world of crypto. The price volatility and regulatory uncertainty is what really drives most people away from crypto. The moment you see a stable crypto market that's widely regulated by worldwide governments, will be such where many people will join crypto land altogether.

In the meantime, I believe that the only way for us to get people to use Bitcoin as a currency is by actively promoting the same. We need to talk more about the true benefits of Bitcoin, and educate people on how to properly protect their funds against scammers or hackers. With enough enthusiasm, we could attract a lot of people into Bitcoin for sure. Things will get even better once the Lightning Network becomes stable enough for the whole mainstream world to use. People will surely get excited about Bitcoin once they hear that transactions are instant and dirt cheap. This will boost the crypto economy as we know it.

Nonetheless, I'm sure that there are numerous ways that we could use to help attract more people into Bitcoin. With enough time and due diligence, we could successfully fulfill our mission of expanding the adoption of Bitcoin worldwide. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

Well, I will disagree about what you have said. Most of the remaining count of people are just interested in cryptocurrency because of profits they ought easy to earn, they are not after having fast transaction because they have fiat, but it is still a part of helping cryptocurrency adaptation, though my concern is after they lose their interest in bitcoin due to losing profits that they are not expecting because of their beginner's mind, the result is they are going to spread rumors that bitcoin is bad and it is not really that good for investment which will counter the part of bitcoin adaptation that should happen.

What we need is we need them to educate more about how cryptocurrency works and not just merely showing it to them without a solid foundation of what they need to do, in this way we could prevent more discouragement of people about bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
The higher the price of Bitcoin, the more attractive it is as an asset for both investment and everyday use. After all, there is nothing better than to use a currency that is constantly growing in price.
Higher the price will easily gain the attention of the common people who haven't heard of it earlier. Similar thing took place when the price of bitcoin reached peak value. When the price reached the ath, most of the news portals broadcasted it. Large number of people came to know about it and then started investing on it.

The increased price of bitcoin is more likely to prompt people to buy it, that is, to invest, and perhaps partially motivates for everyday use, but the primary goals will be investments.
In order for people to want to use Bitcoin in their daily lives, it is necessary to make it as convenient as possible for use.
But since this is not so simple due to the limited code of bitcoin, we must create a service around it, as convenient as possible.
The limited supply of bitcoin rather makes it great for daily use because even the minimum amount of bitcoin is going to carry great value and people are not supposed to carry piles of money to become rich. Few bitcoins will be enough for that. This is tremendously going to reduce publication of paper money. Bitcoin is something that has dual nature and is great for daily uses.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
of course we can invite our friends to use bitcoin when our country has legalized bitcoin as a legal payment tool. we can invite friends by explaining the benefits of using bitcoin for transactions. and then compare it with transactions through banks. then we explain about bitcoin not only as a digital currency but can also be used as an investment and trading tool. we show videos of people who are successful with bitcoin, of course they will be interested.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
Those people who had experience use bitcoin will probably favor on this but those person who doesn't will surely have a difficult time to adopt. We can just use bitcoin as a currency if the government allows it first. Second if the world does know about it. There are still so many factors so bitcoin can't be legalized in some country. In the future I think we can use bitcoin or any altcoin as our currency.

Bitcoin doesn't answer to any government. So being "legal" isn't a thing at all. Thus, you can use Bitcoin at your will. However, the government is aware of it, that's why "regulation" is a thing. But the government is not directly who regulates it, but companies, who gained permits from the government to run as a "business". That's why exchange sites or even Bitcoin ATMs have fees.

BTC acceptance is growing fast, and it is becomming accepted in more and more places worldwide, but nevertheless BTC won't work as a form of payment right now, transactions are too slow and expensive, this is why the BTC community puts all the hope in lightning network...
but I think BTC is not supposed to become a form of payment, I think they are aiming for a store of value, which is something different...

It already is. Some wallet/exchange sites such as Coins.ph have options for you to pay your utility bills. The transaction is not that slow, its only slow if you're transacting a large amount of it, but who pay their bills with 1 Bitcoin anyways(?)
Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
BTC acceptance is growing fast, and it is becomming accepted in more and more places worldwide, but nevertheless BTC won't work as a form of payment right now, transactions are too slow and expensive, this is why the BTC community puts all the hope in lightning network...
but I think BTC is not supposed to become a form of payment, I think they are aiming for a store of value, which is something different...
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
Those people who had experience use bitcoin will probably favor on this but those person who doesn't will surely have a difficult time to adopt. We can just use bitcoin as a currency if the government allows it first. Second if the world does know about it. There are still so many factors so bitcoin can't be legalized in some country. In the future I think we can use bitcoin or any altcoin as our currency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 267
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

Why is that it is necessary for bitcoin to become currency? Actually, it is hard for bitcoin to become a currency because of its volatility. Unlike the normal currencies, bitcoin was not stable in terms of price making it very risky if we use it as a normal currency. Also, there is a possibility that we lose our money in just a moment of time if the currency we are using doesn't have a stable price. Lastly, Bitcoin is adopting by big businesses and organizations today and there are even groceries store that sells bitcoin conveniently.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
People would only be encouraged to use it for daily payments if the price wasn't too volatile. Imagine a situation where a grocery shop only accepts BTC as payment. This day, your BTC could buy $40 worth of goods, but a week later, you'll be able to buy only $35 because the price dropped by almost ~10%. That's why people tend to only use BTC as a form of an asset rather than as a form of currency. Consider it like stocks in the market, only with quicker price movements.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Bitcoin has a dynamic use and based on the holders preference, determines how to use Bitcoin. To use Bitcoin as a currency, the holder must make sure to use it in shops that accept Bitcoin. Online shops like overstock.com, shopify stores, newsegg etc accept Bitcoin as form of payment. Individuals can also increase the adoption by integrating Bitcoin into the payment methods of their businesses.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Honestly, for us crypto users it will be very convenient for us to use bitcoin or cryptocurrency as payment or making transactions instead of using cash, but the problem is that it will be difficult for us to convince everybody to use bitcoin as a currency because there are still a lot of people who doesn't know about bitcoin and not everybody agrees on buying and investing to it. So i think the best way for us to convince everybody to use bitcoin as a currency is by showing every benefits or advantages that they can receive upon having and buying bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies.
You do not need to expect every person around the world to use cryptocurrency, because still some people will use fiat currencies, and someone will use digital money, including cryptocurrencies.  I believe that so many factors will affect how many people will use cryptocurrency.  This situation will be determined not only by the age of people, but also by the terrain in certain countries where there is no infrastructure and the Internet, as well as in which countries people live in.  Nevertheless, the global use of cryptocurrency is already possible in the coming years.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
Absolutely, it may take a while before we do that, but for sure, in time people will prefer a hustle free transaction, no need to go to bank always and depositing/withdrawing money, but people will prefer paying online transactions as it saves our time.

We cannot control the technology, so we cannot really avoid the adaption for cryptocurreny, it may take few years from now, but we will definitely be there.

If given the chance, I would like to have a business that will accept bitcoins and other tokens too, with this I can help people to know about bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 265
Pages:
Jump to: