Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I make a coin? - page 4. (Read 27705 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
December 14, 2013, 02:37:53 PM
Has anyone made a coin recently they want to let us know about?

I checked out the bitcoin source a couple weeks ago.

Done: .. colored coins...changed ports... distributed stock exchange...encrypted protocol messages for privacy...new graphics...updated the source code and build defaults to c++2011... changed the reward structure ...

Still to do: ... make "standard" coin denominations... coinjoins... proof-of-stake.. scaling ... "day blocks" that record the outstanding txouts....trading between different types of existing cryptocurrencies ...

I mentioned it mostly because I need help.  I'm an okay c++ developer although still learning my way around the "boost" framework (which btw doesn't easily work in c++2011 and will eventually need to be hacked out of the code), but websites, forums, promotions, etc, I have limited knowledge of and need help.  

A bug database is needed but I don't really have time to administrate it.  

More developers would be a real help, in terms of testing and being able to respond to new bugs rapidly.  Also there's the "more eyes" thing, meaning that when a developer gets a bug report, it may be profoundly non-obvious to her why that bug is happening and how to fix it.  But when more developers see the same bug report, it'll likely be obvious to *somebody*, because they were in the middle of that code last week or because they had to learn about how something worked in order to fix something else a month ago, or ....  Just the simple fact of getting more eyes on it means there's a way to respond to more bugs.  

I mean, yes, I'm hacking a first cut of this thing together, but actually launching it really sort of requires a team.  I'm gonna be hella busy, and may not be able to keep up or do a good enough job, if I launch it by myself.

Activity: 308
Merit: 253
December 14, 2013, 01:26:07 PM
Clone novacoin.
It has a combined generation mechanism.
Resistance to 51% attack.

What is combined generation mechanism?
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
December 14, 2013, 03:47:53 AM
Clone novacoin.
It has a combined generation mechanism.
Resistance to 51% attack.
December 13, 2013, 11:29:34 PM
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1129
December 13, 2013, 09:38:55 PM

I checked out the bitcoin source a couple weeks ago.

I've hacked colored coins into the daemon, blockchain, and protocol (they cannot be destroyed or 'decolored' by an unaware client that mixes them with other coins).  Including coin colors that are allowed to float against each other, and coin trades directly on the blockchain.  I envision a future in which these additional colors of coins are digital stocks and the system works as a distributed stock exchange.  

I've encrypted the protocol messages for privacy - all anyone can get is that you can tell by the pubkey what IP the message is for, but you cannot tell who's talking and you cannot read the message out of the protocol traffic. In principle you don't know what IPs are involved in a new transaction when it appears, but that can be compromised if an attacker adds enough "sybil" nodes to the network.

I've updated the source code and build defaults to c++2011.  

I've changed the reward structure to start out rewarding 4 coins (of color zero) per solved block and inflate the mining rewards at a rate of 3% a year forever, so there's no particular advantage for early miners.  

Now I'm elbows-deep in the code that selects coins, trying to make "standard" coin denominations - so the only denominations issued will start with 5, 10,  25, and 75, followed by some number of zeros. This makes it somewhat harder to "track" users by their transactions.  

After that I'm going to try fixing it so each transaction works (with no input from the user) like a little coinjoin between sender, receiver, and some fairly small random number of others.

I have plans to try to "fix" the mining algorithm so it's based on proof-of-stake rather than proof-of-work, and pays everyone who maintains an active full node approximately proportionally to the amount of coin they have, rather than paying one "winner" per round.  

After that I'm going to fix it so when transaction volume gets too high, the system splits into multiple blockchains and each client only has to listen to part of the traffic.  For example, if it needs to scale up to 2000 transactions per second,  you'd find the clients split into 25 "channels", each of which is listening to and serving 25 total blockchains - 24 of the total of 300 'normal'  blockchains and one 'universal' blockchain.  -- that is, one blockchain for every *other* channel, so that any two users would have at least one "normal" blockchain in common, and one blockchain that's shared among *all* channels, so that transactions involving clients in three or more different channels have a place where they can be.  That would mean each client has to download, verify, and store only one twelfth or so of the total 2000-per-second volume.  Which is still a lot, but which, by the time we get to 2000 transactions per second, I hope will be possible with "ordinary" hardware.  Each block would record the blockhashes of the most recent blocks found in the other blockchains.

After that I'm going to try and limit the tracked depth of the 'normal' blockchains.  Every 144 blocks or so (meaning approximately once per day) there'd be a larger "day block" that records the outstanding txouts.  And the depth of the blockchain down to that block would be all you need to download and keep when 'syncing' with the system.  Only the 'universal' blockchain would reach all the way back to the genesis block.

Once all of that is done, I'll be ready to launch beta version one.

Once I hack in 'awareness' of other coins' blockchains and atomic (if slow) distributed trading between different types of existing cryptocurrencies, I'll be ready to launch beta version two.  

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
December 13, 2013, 08:57:40 PM
Arithmetic Paradoxes
December 13, 2013, 08:44:52 PM
December 13, 2013, 06:43:50 PM

Am in the process of finding a programmer to take various open source material and make the coin for me. Will let you know if things develop.

I found one but he stopped replying yesterday and I am not sure what is happening

Is he genuine and trustworthy?

I'm pretty sure he is the creator of Tix and Spots So yes according to this website
Activity: 238
December 13, 2013, 12:49:35 PM

Am in the process of finding a programmer to take various open source material and make the coin for me. Will let you know if things develop.

I found one but he stopped replying yesterday and I am not sure what is happening

Is he genuine and trustworthy?
December 13, 2013, 12:43:08 PM

Well I have a coin in the works that will not be available for ASIC mining so for one... That

You have seen this right? https://cryptocointalk.com/

Scroll down to the Scrypt-Coin section to see just how many there already are...it's not unique, non-ASIC coins...

Are you reading before you reply? I never said that this made it unique I was saying something when I mentioned that but I was definitely not calling that a unique trait So do you have a point?
December 13, 2013, 12:41:41 PM

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
December 13, 2013, 05:25:49 AM

Well I have a coin in the works that will not be available for ASIC mining so for one... That

You have seen this right? https://cryptocointalk.com/

Scroll down to the Scrypt-Coin section to see just how many there already are...it's not unique, non-ASIC coins...

How are you going to say I don't know what I am doing before waiting for a reply?

It's quite clear you have absolutely no idea at all what you're doing, sorry if you find that reality to be harsh.
Activity: 238
December 13, 2013, 04:13:27 AM

December 13, 2013, 12:36:49 AM
December 12, 2013, 10:18:50 PM
I want to make a coin called "KEEP OUT Coin" and the symbol will be [KOC] and I want to make the coin revolutionary in that it pays for textbooks and "educational missionaries" to go to 3rd world countries

So if people decided to buy any "KEEP OUT Coins" or "KOC" they will be funding education around the globe and it will be a force kinda like Christian missionaries but for education instead of telling people about magic people waiting for them in the sky when they die... like the church does

How exactly the coin will pay for education and textbooks? Are you planning on doing it centralized in any way?

It would be like devtome and I would go out and ind people that deserved scholarships they wouldn't

I still don't understand how this will work out and how exactly you have it on your mind. Who will decide which people need shcolarships etc. You?

Anyone related to the coin community once it emerges will present friends or family who they think deserve scholarships and we will post on social media outlets and such so people outside the community can join in as well
December 12, 2013, 10:17:02 PM
If you did manage to get this set up, it'd be a huge risk for students to invest in.

I never said anything about anyone investing I said they could get them free
December 12, 2013, 10:15:42 PM
how will you defend your coin agains 51% attack, bots, or superuser groups just ready to crash a coin, the easiest part is setting the coin up, handeling it and helping it survive is the challenge.   its like your a gardener and you dont even know what dirt is.  alot, alot, alot of reading is needed.

j

And since a percentage of the earnings will go elsewhere for my later coins it will be harder to mine 51% since 100% are not minable

How are you going to say I don't know what I am doing before waiting for a reply?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 12, 2013, 08:50:26 PM
I want to make a coin called "KEEP OUT Coin" and the symbol will be [KOC] and I want to make the coin revolutionary in that it pays for textbooks and "educational missionaries" to go to 3rd world countries

So if people decided to buy any "KEEP OUT Coins" or "KOC" they will be funding education around the globe and it will be a force kinda like Christian missionaries but for education instead of telling people about magic people waiting for them in the sky when they die... like the church does

How exactly the coin will pay for education and textbooks? Are you planning on doing it centralized in any way?

It would be like devtome and I would go out and ind people that deserved scholarships they wouldn't

I still don't understand how this will work out and how exactly you have it on your mind. Who will decide which people need shcolarships etc. You?
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
December 12, 2013, 08:41:42 PM
If you did manage to get this set up, it'd be a huge risk for students to invest in.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
December 12, 2013, 08:31:02 PM
how will you defend your coin agains 51% attack, bots, or superuser groups just ready to crash a coin, the easiest part is setting the coin up, handeling it and helping it survive is the challenge.   its like your a gardener and you dont even know what dirt is.  alot, alot, alot of reading is needed.

j
Pages:
Jump to: