Pages:
Author

Topic: How do we prevent money laundering and assasinations? - page 8. (Read 17392 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
unfortunately, the US gov't will set a higher std for BTC and laundering vs the USD.  the will use the anonymity argument against BTC while the real reason will be to protect the USD franchise.
Activity: 98
Merit: 20
Decriminalize victimless crime. Eliminate positions of power without production.

Drug raid cash.

What's the emoticon for "jaw dropped to floor"?

I'm sure nobody would notice if one of those small bundles disappeared, would they?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Decriminalize victimless crime. Eliminate positions of power without production.

Drug raid cash.

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
people use usd all the time for drugs and on a more limited extent killings.

crimes will always be committed in return for value (a promise), and whatever delivers that value most efficiently will be used.  Today they use usd.

because people commit crimes that involve a transaction of value doesn't mean that the medium used for the transaction is at fault.

from a large govt perspective they will need insight (to a certain extent) into the persons behind large transactions, or they will kill the medium.  btc should be prepared to some extent for this.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
It's as possible to prevent money laundering and illegal trade with bitcoins as it is to prevent it with regular cash. This isn't a problem for bitcoin but rather a problem for law enforcement, just moved to a new domain.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
as a non hacker investor in BTC, i am tired of hearing laughing and joking about how drug dealers and gangs will most definitely use BTC to move money around the world to facilitate their illegal activities.  Hive 45 had 2 jokers laughing and joking about using BTC for assasinations.  i'm sorry, civilized ppl just don't talk like that.  if this becomes the case, BTC may be doomed in the long run to function as a new currency to replace the USD which is what i presume most of the ppl on this forum want.  i know i sure do and now i have an invested interest in making this so.  i would like to use this thread to develop ideas about how this activity might be prevented.  i don't want to hear comments about how it is inevitable, can't stop it, its gonna happen no matter what type comments that are often accompanied by a veneer of glee.  this is serious business; so i'd like to hear productive ideas about how this can be accomplished.  if everyone believes its impossible then fine, i get an empty thread.
Pages:
Jump to: