Pages:
Author

Topic: How do we raise our kids in this kinda society - page 5. (Read 1096 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I attach great importance to children's independent ability, to bear hardships and stand hard work, strong will, not to be misled by illegal things, so that they can correctly understand the society. After all, this is the first time being a parent. I don't understand the best way to protect children. I just want to better protect the children and give them the most love.
Activity: 135
Merit: 16
Let the child understand what is right and what should not be done, make useful friends, and establish the correct three views for him. The growth of children cannot be separated from the family atmosphere. In today's society, we have adapted, not society has adapted to us.
Activity: 148
Merit: 1
Chief Executive Officer at Weentar
I don't have any children, but I used to be a child myself. The world seems pretty much exactly the same to me. I genuinely don't see these differences everyone seems to see. I am guessing this is primarily a politically conservative viewpoint.
Activity: 28
Yes! Of a truth our society is becoming something else when it comes to training children but the only true and sincere way of Training kids are placing God first in  there life and teaching them  sex education on time from home and from parents  too.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Limit your kids using computer devices and gadgets.

It is where the norm starts when they see posts from other people and articles that normalizes those activities. As a parent, that's the first step that you can do or else don't let them use and refrain them from using internet.

Do you really think that them having access to computers or gadgets are contributing to the snowflake attitude of the world? The same shit thats on TV is on the internet. The internet is a little more hostile because of the anonymous factor but really its exactly the same as in real life. Most people for as long as I have been around have been mostly the same as they are today except people take more offense these days. Just look at comedians of today compared to what it was like in the 80s and you will see a complete difference to the reception that they get and the types of words that they avoid using.
I think so and yes including the television shows that adds little good value but most of them are teaching kids to be different and way different from the way we've told and grown.

In my observation about social media today one example of it, you see those daring photos and they might find it normal which doesn't seem to be because they're going to be the attention taker on the socmed which going to be the measurement of their satisfaction.

That's what I think and that's how I'll be disciplining my kids if they grow and add some more ages.
Activity: 882
Merit: 63
Teach them the values that weren't taught to you, don't teach them the wrong mentality that you have grown with, teach your kids to love everybody and make them empathetic. Teach them the harsh realities and how they can change it, teach them to find themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

It is where the norm starts when they see posts from other people and articles that normalizes those activities. As a parent, that's the first step that you can do or else don't let them use and refrain them from using internet.

Do you really think that them having access to computers or gadgets are contributing to the snowflake attitude of the world? The same shit thats on TV is on the internet. The internet is a little more hostile because of the anonymous factor but really its exactly the same as in real life. Most people for as long as I have been around have been mostly the same as they are today except people take more offense these days. Just look at comedians of today compared to what it was like in the 80s and you will see a complete difference to the reception that they get and the types of words that they avoid using.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516

It is normal to have something available in the current era. That's how the world works.

The same situations also happens to people in different era's like when industrial evolution starts, etc.

People are also devising plans on how to raise the young-uns and they did it, so it is possible to raise a significantly good young-uns in this era.

Just be yourself, and teach the things you know that will benefit your young-uns.

I agree with you that we should teach our children everything we know. But it is not only about teaching in my opinion, we also need to protect our children. Back in the days, it was very common to teach the kids at home. They had much less influence from outside than the kids got from school when I was young. But now with the internet and instagram and other social media you are in constant contact with each other. I read an article that the number of young woman who cut and hurt themselves has risen 400% in the last few years, due to constant bullying on social media. We need to help and protect our children.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
One of the best ideas is this.

Get into the Bible, yourself. Don't only read it. Listen to it on tape of CD for at least an hour everyday.

Don't only hear what the Bible professionals and scholars say. See if the Bible really agrees with them by looking the points up yourself.

Find ways to get your kids involved, by asking them questions. When they ask why you are so involved with a book that is almost 2,000 years old, prepare to show them how the things of the Bible match what is going on today, and how the results of the evils of society will destroy society the same as in Old Testament times.

Above all, get them to understand how Jesus cured the spirits of people through spiritual power, and how He can help them in their spiritual walk in life.

Cool
Activity: 28
Before any individual takes any action in life, there is always a subconscious thought that reminds us of the detriment of our actions. This thought has the ability to change our decision. If parents constantly talk to there kids at their early age. Tell your kids about the dangers in making bad decisions in the society.  Creat a picture that will come as a subconscious thought in their mind. I think this can help in raising our kids in this kind of society.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
      Society nowadays doesn't seem like anything we grew up in, it's so complex and diverse that I can't help but wonder if this is where my kids are going to grow up and how do I manage.
       While growing up fraudulent activities, prostitution, and others were seen as heinous crimes whereas today it is seen as a norm. How do I send my children out to society even with a thorough upbringing and not be afraid not knowing what society will through at them? It frightens me. Can't help but wonder.

It is so different in todays world compared to when I grew up. I remember when I had to argue with my parents if I could get a cell phone at the age of 14. Today it is normal for kids to have one at a much younger age. With access to the internet almost anywhere it becomes harder to teach good values in my opinion. There is a lot of hate on the internet which makes it important for the parents to try and censor it for as long as possible. We need to teach our kids how to be responsible in todays world and look out for each other.

It is normal to have something available in the current era. That's how the world works.

The same situations also happens to people in different era's like when industrial evolution starts, etc.

People are also devising plans on how to raise the young-uns and they did it, so it is possible to raise a significantly good young-uns in this era.

Just be yourself, and teach the things you know that will benefit your young-uns.
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
You do not have any option than to teach your children how to be decipline. You teach them from the mistake and experience of people you know around you. Play your role and leave the rest for God. Thank you
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
It cant be help change is inevitable every generation has its own experience and changes the way parents know everything sometimes it not suitable for kid wishing they could be understood by their family suck in this era.

You as a gown up know what is wrong and what is right the only way for you to help them is guidance and listen if they did a doctor or something that you know is not bad go with it.

Here is what I need you to do nowadays even way before COVID there are numbers of people, teens, and adults dying from depression suffering from anxiety why? because you don't make them feel that they are love you always shout at them be mad at them when you know if you have agreement issues and if not it hard to explain this if you do not open what is wrong with you. With that, you are only making things worst for your chill.

Loving your child as he loves you back but in return, you are the one who shouts and doesn't understand the child.

If you don't get what I mean if this child asks you if he or she can be with a doctor you must not get mad and go to a doctor in the profession of Psychology.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
      Society nowadays doesn't seem like anything we grew up in, it's so complex and diverse that I can't help but wonder if this is where my kids are going to grow up and how do I manage.
       While growing up fraudulent activities, prostitution, and others were seen as heinous crimes whereas today it is seen as a norm. How do I send my children out to society even with a thorough upbringing and not be afraid not knowing what society will through at them? It frightens me. Can't help but wonder.
The wisest way to lead our child to a positive life is to teach religion to them...
With the increasingly free and easy access in this era, it is very natural for us as parents to worry about the future of our children. people who are involved with prostitution and drugs certainly do not have a strong belief in religion, they only care about lust so that has led them since they were young to know more about religion, according to your religion.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
The society is not what it used to be, it has changed a lot and per generation and as such, raising children in this generation isn't an easy one, when you try to block one way, they find the next window that opens to jump out. It becomes very difficult for parents to raise kids under such circumstances when the I dustry has gone wide, the street isn't friendly and kids don't do well when they feel they are being restricted or hindered from something.

So, you've just got to do your be real about everything, not being over protective, let them in on what life is actually about. Some would advice sex education before they go to learn it somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1853
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
You have to teach your children to live in this society realistically as it is while teaching them to preserve the morals and principles that they have learned so that they are not affected by the corruption of society and not deviate, they are forced to live in this society as it is and do not have the ability to change it, so you, as a father, must teach them principles and values Noble humanity also teaches them not to deviate from these principles when mixing with society.
It is a difficult task indeed but I think it is the only way since we are not able to do anything and we are not able to change our societies.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516

It is so different in todays world compared to when I grew up. I remember when I had to argue with my parents if I could get a cell phone at the age of 14. Today it is normal for kids to have one at a much younger age. With access to the internet almost anywhere it becomes harder to teach good values in my opinion. There is a lot of hate on the internet which makes it important for the parents to try and censor it for as long as possible. We need to teach our kids how to be responsible in todays world and look out for each other.
Activity: 15
Merit: 2
Pages:
Jump to: