Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you buy physical items anonymously with Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 592 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
As suggested by others, you could use a PO box. You would still provide an address but it is not your complete home address. It will just be your box number, city or town, its area code, and country.

You could also use a mail forwarder. To receive your package, you will provide the address of the forwarder instead of yours. But you will be giving your address to the forwarder as they are the ones who will send the goods to you.

Or if you want to have it made simple, you could actually ask a friend or an officemate or a distant relative to receive the goods in your behalf. You could also ask the goods to be delivered to a business address owned by a friend or a relative.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
I dont know where you are based Macadonian but what about a Post Office Box,
a box number which doesnt reveal your identity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_office_box

Does this office boxes really help to stay anonymous? You still need to fill some basic information about yourself when renting a box. Even if you fill form with fake data and pay in cash, there are still cameras all around in post institutions. It will just take some time to identify a person from a video with a real person.

Anyway, this is actually a good question Macadonian asked. How to hide real delivery address, when you anonymously purchase something? How to do it without causing other people troubles?

I think the question regarding cameras is only in relation to how paranoid you are.

The op is talking about buying some collectable items from sellers, the requirement
for privacy is not to have to give a name and address.

Satoshi, Cobra and Theymos for example are on a completely different level of
anonymity, they require a higher or top level of anonymity for various and obvious reasons.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I wonder what items like collectibles you want to buy without revealing your address. If that item is legal, you can still buy it with bitcoin so they do not know who the buyer is but you should give them an address so they know where they should send the items. If that item is illegal and you still want to buy it, I am not sure you will have a chance to avoid the customs office because it comes from other countries. They will make sure that the items are not illegal things or something that can cause damage, even if you use PO BOX as the address. Maybe you can describe what the items are so we can give more suggestions.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176

Does this office boxes really help to stay anonymous? You still need to fill some basic information about yourself when renting a box. Even if you fill form with fake data and pay in cash, there are still cameras all around in post institutions. It will just take some time to identify a person from a video with a real person.

Anyway, this is actually a good question Macadonian asked. How to hide real delivery address, when you anonymously purchase something? How to do it without causing other people troubles?
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
apply for a PO Box number. Once this PO box number is created, you can use it to receive any legal goods delivery. This way only post office will know your actual address but neither the escrow provider or the seller will ever know your actual address.

Exactly.

One thing I'd add is that if OP also doesn't want to link various buys to each other and to the wallet with all his coins, he may also want to use coins from different addresses in his wallet, ideally from not linked inputs.
If the seller is OK with that, mixed coins are the easiest route, obviously.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
@avikz, will the post office still ask for the receiver's real name from the sender or is a PO box number enough for that?

~
Much better if you do buying bitcoin on your own, just use a legit and popular exchange, have a basic account then you can purchase btc anonymously even though your address will be revealed.
OP is trying to buy a bitcoin collectible which is a physical item and not the digital BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496
I am looking to purchase items like collectibles of Bitcoin without revealing my address. I could get a escrow to middle man the deal but I am still giving away my personal information to someone that I do not know. Is there any services out there that allow auto forwarding of mail or drop off points which you can access without giving away personal information?

I have a very simple solution to your problem. Visit any post office in your country and apply for a PO Box number. Once this PO box number is created, you can use it to receive any legal goods delivery. This way only post office will know your actual address but neither the escrow provider or the seller will ever know your actual address. It's that simple!

Hooe this helps! But please take into account that PO box is similar to bank locker. You need to pay monthly charge to maintain it.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 112
Here in forum it's safe to buy item using bitcoin through collectibles board but outside bitcointalk its very dangerous when it comes making transaction especially with bitcoin coz mostly experience scamming, that's the disadvantages coz you can't provide a third party to make your transaction safe.. Not the same here in forum that there's always a escrow services that can help you to have a smooth transaction if you want to hide your identity.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

there is nothing wrong with collectibles, it's not illegal. hard for the seller to learn where to send it to you when you are not willing to provide your address but if you are willing to reveal your name i guess PO box will do. if i have to do it, i might just send the product to a friend's house bundled with a gift for this friend. but might have to ask permission for it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
It depends on your place of residence, I guess, but generally, it is possible. In my country (and other countries in Europe, I assume) there are delivery services that allow you to order a delivery to a place not connected to your address. It’s basically can be something like a parcel cabinet somewhere in the street with a particular number and in order to get your order, you only need to know an exact delivery id number and tell the other party which delivery point is desirable for you.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 280
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Wonder how I have never come across such reasonable question. In my opinion, this is not really possible. Even if you get a third party, it can still be easily tracked. Remember that the blockchain hides nothing. The seller/store could trace it back to your wallet. And I can be a very private person too. Imagine having $Millions in your wallet and then someone uncovers that the address belongs to you because they traced it after you bought some items. This is obviously a challenge.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Not a lot of establishments and online sites offer payment thru bitcoin, so what I usually do is to convert some of my bitcoins that are meant for online purchases, leaving my bitcoins that are meant for investment untouched, and shoulder the long wait time and the expensive processing fee. It is not always the best option and the best process but at least I help with the economy of bitcoin by ensuring that not all of them are held and some of them are still in circulation. For transactions like money transfer and such, I use a middleman online to accept and send the payments for me so my real address is kept hidden and is out of record.
Indeed, at this time there are many marketplaces that provide payments with Bitcoin, and if you shop there, at least the address and destination of the place where the item will be sent, automatically you inevitably have to provide your personal address.
Maybe what other options you need to include the address of the neighbor? relatives or addresses of anyone who does not require to provide your personal data.
Well you could have your package be sent into your local post office instead, that's what I do most of the time. Sure you may have to drive or walk just to get there and it may not be the best experience really but I usually just think of it as my exercise, because in my cause my local post office is quite near. Then again what works for me may not work for you so you're always free to explore your options.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 3440
Nec Recisa Recedit
I am looking to purchase items like collectibles of Bitcoin without revealing my address. I could get a escrow to middle man the deal but I am still giving away my personal information to someone that I do not know. Is there any services out there that allow auto forwarding of mail or drop off points which you can access without giving away personal information?

In some countries you can set up for receive a postage just a number in a specific post office. So no one will ever known your real address.
https://www.poste.it/prodotti/caselle-postali.html (Italian postage, just to have an idea about).

Well, normally no one will notify you about an item received here since this type of service has been created for "homeless" or people without a stable house.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
It depends upon the service that you are looking for, much better is always read the terms and conditions or maybe the FAQ.  They possibly secretly hide your basic information, like the nickname and valid email address, and sending it to any location that you want, of course, this isn't your real address, it's an alternative during the purchase.

Have you tried to use this site?  https://shipanon.com/
Please read the FAQ first to prevent self confusion regarding anonymity, they accept Bitcoin also, and please do your own research first before using them.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256

You're putting yourselves at risk mate, don't ever share information for someone you do not know personally. There could be possibility of an personal data breach that might happen on you, and we don't want it to happen.
Much better if you do buying bitcoin on your own, just use a legit and popular exchange, have a basic account then you can purchase btc anonymously even though your address will be revealed.
It's not a big deal, as long as you kept your identity safely to someone else a stranger from you.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620

You could also try sending yourself a letter without your name or maybe your first name,
just your address and see if it gets to you and then you know you can use it in future.
I think this is what's going to happen. But you still have to reveal your address through the sender so that the post office will give you a short notice if your package has already been received.

I don't know how it goes for other countries and how their system goes but if there's no other choice then you can ask to the nearest post office and how their process is. If you don't want to, you really have to add an address for your purchase but it could be someone's address.
Activity: 885
Merit: 112
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
in a few years back when i feel to buy a hardware wallet btw i need to hide my personal information because here only 1 option payment method btc,eth accepted and other fact crypto is illegal in my country.

i bought it through a 3rd party who received this item and i got product easily i don't need to disclose my identity.  
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249

You could also try sending yourself a letter without your name or maybe your first name,
just your address and see if it gets to you and then you know you can use it in future.

Activity: 467
Merit: 578
This forum has a marketplace, you can check it out, remember that you have to be wary of scammers though because it's unregulated here which is the part that I don't get. I don't know much anonymity anymore OP, we all have our infos recorded in the government registry, it's only our secrets that are safe anymore.
I know this forum has a marketplace I am not asking that I am asking how can I receive collectibles from the forum without revealing my address. I was hoping that there might be Bitcoin accepting mail forwarders.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
This forum has a marketplace, you can check it out, remember that you have to be wary of scammers though because it's unregulated here which is the part that I don't get. I don't know much anonymity anymore OP, we all have our infos recorded in the government registry, it's only our secrets that are safe anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: