Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about revenge? - page 7. (Read 1594 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 10:43:28 AM
It is a part of human nature. I feel that being a subject of revenge makes me able to forgive myself for having wronged someone. But when a person has wronged me, I'd like to resist the urge to revenge because it gives me the feeling of being superior to the other person. I feel that if I revenge, it makes me no better than the person who did wrong and I'd never want to be known as someone evil just because of the person who insulted me. Keep the title to yourself, hater. I'd be the good one the time you decide to antagonize me.
Activity: 40
March 17, 2018, 10:18:36 AM
revenge is not good it gives more negative to us.just be humble and always pray to God for guidance
Activity: 52
March 17, 2018, 10:08:20 AM
"an eye for an eye will make the world blind" i follow it and so i follow NO REVENGE policy
Activity: 34
March 16, 2018, 09:56:21 PM
Revenge is not good, be humble always think positives.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 06:17:39 PM
Revenge will make you feel good at the moment you do it, but in the long term some people regret doing what they did. The other disadvantage is that revenge sometimes does not make a dispute end (that is revenge upon revenge, and you'll always be in a dispute until one gives up)
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
March 16, 2018, 04:58:13 PM
It is absolutely not proper to revenge no matter the circumstances. As we go through life, we, each, experience events and situations that cause us heartache and grief. We become so upset and discouraged that revenge seems to be the only way to pull us out of our depression. However, revenge is counterproductive. You will cause more damage to yourself than you would if you moved forward and forgot about the incident.
As adults, understanding the consequences of revenge can be challenging. For children, it can be even more confusing. Taking the time to teach your children the dangers of revenge are important for when those hurtful and upsetting situations arise.
March 16, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
I once took revenge on the present boyfriend of my ex because he took my girl away from me by infusing false allebies
Activity: 181
Merit: 4
March 16, 2018, 09:58:08 AM
For me revenge will never help us to develop as a good person... If we are always thinking about our own point of view here we will not care for other and if they stepped as down we will get a revenge..  For me vengeance is only for those person who have an average mental state because if you are an intelligent person you will not do this...
Activity: 92
March 16, 2018, 09:33:27 AM
 as human being revenge has a negative and positive output, as experience revenge is  not so good. Letting someone else get the best of you, having you lower your self down to their level is the worst you can do. Someone who has done you wrong shouldn't  have right to have such power over your thoughts and actions What goes around comes around. I know it may hurt but revenge  is not the right way to go about it. Learn from that experience and let that person go.your tears is not wort it,
Activity: 128
March 16, 2018, 08:44:35 AM
revenge? I think, there were people who had tortured my life, at work. Sometimes i want to think to make some revenge , but I do not want to. because first of all I always think of karma. and the god is not sleeping someday will give them a lesson for what they done to me . nothing will happen if you take revenge . Right Huh. to get you upset? then what will you do again if you can do the same. try to keep silent and move on to the bad things that happened to those who could not do good to you and for those bully persons .
Activity: 38
March 16, 2018, 01:00:16 AM
Revenge is for the weak. No one should think of taking revenge.
March 15, 2018, 11:58:42 AM
"an eye for an eye will make the world blind" i follow it and so i follow NO REVENGE policy
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
March 12, 2018, 07:20:46 PM
When that specific moment comes, everyone see you normal but you are actually a ball of fire getting ready to get blasted anytime
Sometimes people spend so much time and resources on such trivial things like revenge to the extent that they would have been able to seriously improve their life’s just by forgetting it and living their own lives rather than being so filled with hatred for no purpose in the end.
Activity: 41
March 12, 2018, 06:31:32 PM
When that specific moment comes, everyone see you normal but you are actually a ball of fire getting ready to get blasted anytime
Activity: 57
March 12, 2018, 01:20:48 AM
I was not born a bad person, but because of all the hardship I had in my life I discovered how sweet revenge feels.
There comes a time when it's too much and you can't take it anymore.
And you dream year after year of undoing the injustice that has been done upon you.
And when the moment comes, it's delicious.
They can see your eyes being cold, but you feel your own heart burning like hot embers.

My attitude towards revenge is negative, but I understand people who are taking revenge anyway, nothing good will come of it.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
March 11, 2018, 11:06:39 PM
Revenge or vengeance is a prison that traps you in perpetual servitude. When you think of revenge,  you become consumed by it and do not open your eyes to the world around you and whether you are affecting loves ones.

It is natural tendency for humans to take revenge on those who have committed bad things upon them. I am not a big supporter of revengeful acts, but at the same time if the individual does nothing then his rivals may interpret it as a sign of weakness. It will be better to find a middle-path.
Sometimes, it happens like that when your rival might take your leniency as weakness. This gives most people the more reason to revenge. But revenge on the other hand does not solve a problem, it only creates long chains of issues to be dealt with. It's better to always have a middle-path as said.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
March 11, 2018, 07:56:19 PM
I feel that it's sweet, if you're in the right. Then you have morons like Aaron Hernandez who wants revenge because someone looked at him and he felt disrespected.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
March 11, 2018, 07:31:51 PM

The experiments were designed to explore whether people are right in thinking that revenge has the potential to make them feel good, despite recent research that suggests otherwise.

Revenge to 'feel good' is stupid.  At least it is to me.  I personally do it mostly out of duty, and that sometimes can feel good.  Someone or some entity who has wronged you is likely to continue to do so to others.  If they can be slowed or stopped through 'revenge', is doing a favor for other future victims of your category and possibly yourself as well.

Revenge against an individual is usually not worth the hassle although there are exceptions.  I was wronged by a government official some years ago.  To this day I continue to work to sap the effectiveness of this useless bureaucratic agency as a whole, and do so in multiple ways.  Very often it is 'revenge' that tips me over the edge to get off my ass and write something or vote a certain way or financially contribute to a certain cause.

As with the gun thread here, it seems like 80-90% of the respondents are parroting a philosophy that I recognize from 40 years ago in public grade school (and to a degree, from what I know about certain religions, what I see in the media, etc, etc.)  I would suggest that to a reasonable degree some of this is indoctrination specifically by and for the 'ruling classes' and primarily for the efficient functioning of their own operations.  This indoctrination takes many forms but the mainstream media and public education systems are primary vehicles.

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
March 11, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
I've had some episodes of revenge, and though they occured by accident (e.g. I never planned to take revenge over anybody), they left a bad feeling in my soul. It's easier for me to forgive and make appropriate conclusions than to carry the burden of revenge in my heart.
Activity: 84
March 11, 2018, 03:04:39 PM
Revenge only satisfy your anger on what others do unto you but that's it, forgiving them for their wrongdoing and helping them when they need helps and no one is helping them are the best revenge at all since you will make friends toward your enemy and The Creator also bless you for what have you've done.
Pages:
Jump to: